Old February 24, 2003, 12:38   #1
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Where's everybody?
I know the answer, you guys are in the various games running at this moment. But folks, we need people here, too...
Please, show up.
Old February 24, 2003, 12:45   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by roadcage
The UN vote is only 9 turns away. There is little likelyhood that any more Civs will be eliminated in the meantime. There is no likelyhood that Rome could eliminate Catherine, as there is one Russian city safely behind our Cavalry wall.

The senate is committed to assigning the great task of building the UN in Apolyton to Na'rmer. The senate is committed to winning by diplomacy. These things will occur. The senate needs to pass this enabling legislation to enhance our chances of the Banana winning the UN vote.

So, friends... What about win the game in this term?
Old February 24, 2003, 12:47   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
Due to my involvement in other DGs, I have had toreduce my involvement in this game. I still check the board several times a day, and I compile my orders a day or two before turnchats, but I don't post here as much as I used to.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 24, 2003, 13:23   #4
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 14:17
I also check the board at least one time a day, just not active (in terms of posting) for the most part.
Old February 24, 2003, 14:27   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I think the failed turnchat has attendance a bit low right now since there is not much different from a week ago. I would expect things to pick up after the Chat on Wed.

Do we know when turn nine will be played yet? If it is sometime this week we should get a NewZUpdate up inviting everyone to witness and see if the Banana can ever win an election.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 24, 2003, 16:29   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:17
Been having maddening ISP problems.

My ISP is also the major phone service provider and both have been extremely unreliable of late around here. Apparently has something to do with some of the cables being damaged due to all of the snow and/or flooding (I don't entirely understand this, as it makes little sense to me... but whatever).

This is the second time I've been online in over 2 days
Old February 24, 2003, 16:38   #7
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 12:17
RL and the "double your pleasure" mod has all but eaten up my spare time. I drop by when I can but I have a baby on the way and a job hunt to start. I still vote, but I do not post much any more. I have been lurking from time to time.

Make it painfully obvious when there will be the vote. I would like to be around for the victory. I want to run the ending then remove the unpatched version of civ that is eating up a significalnt portion of my hard drive.

Mss
Old February 24, 2003, 17:32   #8
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

I check the forums at least once a day and am voting but haven't had much to talk about.

Sell your photos
Old February 24, 2003, 19:37   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Been having maddening ISP problems.

My ISP is also the major phone service provider and both have been extremely unreliable of late around here. Apparently has something to do with some of the cables being damaged due to all of the snow and/or flooding (I don't entirely understand this, as it makes little sense to me... but whatever).

This is the second time I've been online in over 2 days
Add to this the fact that Moo3 is released tomorrow and the odds of seeing Arnie for awhile are pretty much 0%.

Old February 24, 2003, 19:51   #10
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:17
I also drop by daily to see what's up, but with no Court Business to tend to, I'm just waiting for the final turnchat to drop in and witness our glorious victory.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old February 24, 2003, 22:11   #11
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 16:17
I check for updates..but the game seems to have stalled.

Also...13 topped threads! Please clean up the junk.
Old February 24, 2003, 22:59   #12
Aro
lifer
Emperor

12 topped threads now. And 5 of them are Senate Bills... I'm managing this damn thing because I'm still as moderator (please, gOdZ, have mercy on my soul! )
Old February 24, 2003, 23:57   #13
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Add to this the fact that Moo3 is released tomorrow and the odds of seeing Arnie for awhile are pretty much 0%.

Thank god MoO3 has a good single-player function, because I'm not playing it multiplayer any time in the forseeable future as long as my ISP continues to be so unreliable. This is now my second time online ALL DAY
Old February 25, 2003, 04:21   #14
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 20:17
What is MoO3?
Old February 25, 2003, 04:32   #15
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Master of Orion III.
Old February 25, 2003, 14:33   #16
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I live.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 25, 2003, 15:03   #17
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I live.
I'm glad to hear it.
Old February 25, 2003, 17:02   #18
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

So do I.
Old February 26, 2003, 19:32   #19
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
hi ,

back on track , ......

have a nice day

Aro , a recon flight found no others yet , ...... >
Old February 27, 2003, 04:26   #20
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

back on track , ......

have a nice day

Aro , a recon flight found no others yet , ...... >
I am trying to fix my boat to get out of here
Old February 27, 2003, 10:08   #21
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Still working on it sir viking?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 27, 2003, 23:36   #22
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:17
I'm back! Yes I finally managed to get myself a modem and thus have permanent (if slower than the previously-available cable) Internet access on my computer. I will download the save to see what has happened these last few hundred years, and then I will be looking to get as involved in the demogames (slowly, one or two at a time) as my PhD research will allow.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 27, 2003, 23:53   #23
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Welcome back, MrWIA!
Just curious: In what field is your PhD research?
Old February 28, 2003, 00:19   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Cheers Aro! My PhD is in Materials Physics - more specifically Mn-doped GaN and its potential to be used in a kind of evloved form of electronics called spin-tronics.

Make no sense to you? I'm not surprised - makes little sense to me too.

Old February 28, 2003, 02:40   #25
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Cheers Aro! My PhD is in Materials Physics - more specifically Mn-doped GaN and its potential to be used in a kind of evloved form of electronics called spin-tronics.

Make no sense to you? I'm not surprised - makes little sense to me too.
Quantum Mechanics, hmm? Yeah, makes some sense, but almost none... And this after search a lot in the net!
You know, my studies in College were exactly Physics and Math... (I started with Mechanical Engineering, but I fell in love with Newton Mechanics and Differential Calculus, I was young and innocent, and I decided to be a Scientist. ) The Physics College in my University was mostly dedicated to Material Physics.
But then I became a cartoonist and a musician... All that Jazz or all that Science, no time to be good in both... Well, it was a tough decision. Higher mathematics is a dangerous drug.

Last edited by Aro; February 28, 2003 at 02:50.
Old February 28, 2003, 02:46   #26
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Differential Calculus?

Bah.

You haven't lived until you've read Candide in one night for a Western Civ test the next day.
Old February 28, 2003, 02:52   #27
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Q Mechs? Not so much - I'm an experimental physicist, and although I will need to understand the theory to write up the thesis, I am more of the strict DOING kind of physics.

Trip - oh. Arts subjects . I am so sorry for you.

You haven't lived till you've played with multi-million dollar equipment.

Old February 28, 2003, 02:54   #28
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Actually, you haven't truly lived until you've tried to prove the existance of logic using induction... but we won't go into that, particularly bitter portion of my schooling...
Old February 28, 2003, 02:57   #29
Aro
lifer
Emperor

I like Voltaire, but in one night? Not good. You need time to appreciate his humor...

Edit: Now this thread is interesting...
Old February 28, 2003, 02:59   #30
Jon Shafer

I could only appreciate the humor for the first part of the book, since by about a third or halfway through you could see his main point and some of his humor was lost on his main concept. I think the funniest part is when Candide finds Dr. Pengloss or whatever his name is and the line about how he ends up spitting out his teeth all the time.

Er, wait... Civ test tomorrow... Goodnight!