Old February 28, 2003, 03:04   #31
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Dr. Pangloss, or whatever his name is...
Old February 28, 2003, 08:42   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
hi ,

anyone seen Aidun , .....

see ya all at the chat

have a nice day

panag goes looking for Aidun >
Old February 28, 2003, 14:30   #33
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:17
I'm still around, just less adviable.
Old March 1, 2003, 04:36   #34
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:17
Where is Meshelic?

I've been running here and there, being flown from Los Angeles to Portland to Seattle and back several times, signing paperwork, doing tests, doing more paperwork, staying in really nice hotels, being really bored waiting for the next bus to take me to the next airport, etc etc. But it's official now, based on my testing I will either be involved in:
1.) Fuel Systems Engineer
2.) Missile Guidance Systems Operator
3.) B-2 Bomber Maintainence Engineer
4.) Combat Controller
5.) ParaRescue, USAF Special Forces

That is, if I don't change my mind and join the Marines at the last minute......needless to say, I wanna be there, in person, in the line of fire. The Air Force doesn't really have front lines

yup. Been damned busy. A little disappointed that we aren't conquering the world yet (in the Civ3 universe, that is), but I guess Diplomatic is a way to go. Keep those foreign bastards happy I guess. It's too bad. What if we lose? Oh well. Still though, We cover so much territory, have the potential for such a large military force, I'm somewhat surprised we haven't taken over the Greeks or the English or the Aztecs or the entire continent for that matter. It's shameful to be sure.

Needless to say I'm going to take the last save I was SMC and begin conquering the world. Screw the pacifists. I blame the DIA for the diplomatic victory. (no offense Arnie) Hawks and Labor would have ruled the world by now.

See you guys on the flipside
Meshelic

PS my thanx to the comrades and party members (and opposition) who made my stay in the Apolyton demogame so enjoyable) I really miss being around here.

Last edited by Meshelic; March 1, 2003 at 04:41.
Old March 1, 2003, 10:55   #35
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Where is Meshelic?

I've been running here and there, being flown from Los Angeles to Portland to Seattle and back several times, signing paperwork, doing tests, doing more paperwork, staying in really nice hotels, being really bored waiting for the next bus to take me to the next airport, etc etc. But it's official now, based on my testing I will either be involved in:
4.) Combat Controller

That is, if I don't change my mind and join the Marines at the last minute......needless to say, I wanna be there, in person, in the line of fire. The Air Force doesn't really have front lines

yup. Been damned busy. A little disappointed that we aren't conquering the world yet (in the Civ3 universe, that is), but I guess Diplomatic is a way to go. Keep those foreign bastards happy I guess. It's too bad. What if we lose? Oh well. Still though, We cover so much territory, have the potential for such a large military force, I'm somewhat surprised we haven't taken over the Greeks or the English or the Aztecs or the entire continent for that matter. It's shameful to be sure.

Needless to say I'm going to take the last save I was SMC and begin conquering the world. Screw the pacifists. I blame the DIA for the diplomatic victory. (no offense Arnie) Hawks and Labor would have ruled the world by now.

Meshelic

PS my thanx to the comrades and party members (and opposition) who made my stay in the Apolyton demogame so enjoyable) I really miss being around here.
hi ,

go for para resc , it shall alow you more options later on , less problems with clearance , more fun , better pay , ....

and from there if you can do it , go for the 160th , ......

pssst , those guys have state of the art laptop's to play civ , ......

and here is something usefull on your future choice(s) , .....

The Differential Theory of Special Operations Forces

(Snake Model)

Upon encountering a snake in the Area of Operation (AO):

* Paratrooper: Kills the snake.

* Armor: Runs over snake, giggles, and looks for more snakes.

* Infantry: "Look, a putty cat. Come 'ere kitty . . . Ouch! Hey, that's not a kitty cat."

* Infantry (alt): "Ugh! Me see snake. Me like snake. Ouch! Me no like snake."

* Army Aviation: Has GPS grid to snake. Couldn't find snake. Back to base for crew rest and the club and some sort of drink called "The Snake"

* Ranger: Plays with the snake, then eats it.

* Ranger (alt): Assaults the snake's home and secures it for use by friendly snakes.

* SEAL: Expends all ammunition, several grenades and calls for naval gunfire in a failed attempt to kill the snake. The snake bites the SEAL then retreats to safety.

* Corps Artillery: Kills snake, but in the process kills several hundred civilians with a massive TOT with three FA BDEs in support. Mission is considered a success and all participants are awarded Silver Stars. (Cooks, Mechanics, Legal Clerks etc.)

* Marine Recon: Follows the snake and gets lost

* Combat Controller: Guides the snake elsewhere.

* Pararescue: Wounds the snake in first encounter, then feverishly works to save the snake's life.

* Special Forces: Makes contact with the snake, builds rapport, wins its heart and mind, then trains it to kill other snakes.

have a nice day

Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	crewchiefwings.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	38622  
Old March 1, 2003, 14:33   #36
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:

Meshelic

FYI: Many of us from the DIA were actually against a diplomatic victory, favoring a space race victory instead (and we could have at least partially conquered Japan while working toward it).

roadcage suggested a diplomatic victory and managed to convince enough people (seemingly including most of the rest of the warmongers ) to go with that and a lot of us agreed because it gives us victory sooner and even though it's not spacerace, we can live with it

But, for the record, it was the warmongers not the DIA who suggested diplo victory

Odd, eh?
Old March 1, 2003, 14:51   #37
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

That is quite odd! Damn the warmongers! They weren't warmongery-enuff!

Panag - I'd love to go Pararescue right away, but I have to be at least a year-in the service. But it's a guarenteed job (provided I pass the really tuff requirements, like learning how to drown and stay alive)

For the time being, I gotta go with what's available, and there isn't much available. So I gotta do one of those things, I'll probably go Combat Controller (so I can see combat, duh!) or Aircraft Mechanical. They both pay better than where I'm at now anyways.
Old March 4, 2003, 09:26   #38
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

roadcage suggested a diplomatic victory and managed to convince enough people (seemingly including most of the rest of the warmongers ) to go with that and a lot of us agreed because it gives us victory sooner and even though it's not spacerace, we can live with it

But, for the record, it was the warmongers not the DIA who suggested diplo victory

Odd, eh?
Interesting...
But that story is incomplete.
Yep, with a Diplomatic victory, we'll win sooner and end a game where we can't fight any war. Remember? No invasion on Japan, no Persian war (England was the civ who destroyed the poor guys), Don't talk about take that weird Russian city inside our Empire... A little downsizing war with the Greeks? Don't even THINK on that

Side note:
I've played a game (America, large, regent - don't blame me! ) where the Iroquois declared war on me 1 turn before I finish my Spaceship. I just delayed the last part of the ship and had lots of fun teaching those stupid Iroquois a lesson. Modern wars are FUN, with all those railroads, Modern Armors, Mech Infantry, Carriers, Bombers, Radar Arty, Cruise missiles (boy, I love cruise missiles! ). Four turns later, the Iroquois military was completely destroyed (about the same size of mine) and in 1 more turn I got all their cities, except for two little ones in other continent... The biggest "Palace Jump" I've seen!

Well, back to our game, we have few alternatives... And the less boring is the faster one, and then we'll start a new game.

Oh, well, this is just what I think.
Old March 4, 2003, 09:42   #39
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
That is quite odd! Damn the warmongers! They weren't warmongery-enuff!

Panag - I'd love to go Pararescue right away, but I have to be at least a year-in the service. But it's a guarenteed job (provided I pass the really tuff requirements, like learning how to drown and stay alive)

For the time being, I gotta go with what's available, and there isn't much available. So I gotta do one of those things, I'll probably go Combat Controller (so I can see combat, duh!) or Aircraft Mechanical. They both pay better than where I'm at now anyways.
Hi, Mesh!

Tough choice, both have up-to-date equipment, and sophisticated knowledge, with great possibilities to learn a lot... Not to mention the good pay .
Well, so... "cherchez la femme" (help me, Davout! )! Look for the female military. I suppose in Combat Control you'll find more girls.
After all, so much work with no fun isn't good for your health...

Nice to see you back, man!
Old March 4, 2003, 11:02   #40
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 14:17
Quote:
Originally posted by panag
* Corps Artillery: Kills snake, but in the process kills several hundred civilians with a massive TOT with three FA BDEs in support. Mission is considered a success and all participants are awarded Silver Stars. (Cooks, Mechanics, Legal Clerks etc.)
Yeah! Nothing like taking out the roof of the neighboing Wal-Mart in field training exercises!

King of Battle!
Old March 4, 2003, 18:30   #41
Meshelic
King

Needless to say, when I stayed in L.A. and Portland for a few days last week, the military girls were fine, so fine, so fine. Man. If they weren't knockouts, then they were more like "girl-next-door" types, and some of them were hot too.

Oh man. Gonna be hard keeping my....well nevermind.
Old March 4, 2003, 18:56   #42
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Oh man. Gonna be hard keeping my****well nevermind.
Censored...

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 4, 2003, 20:20   #43
Meshelic
King

I censored it personally. The mystery opens the imagination to what I could have said. That alone would probably be enuff.
Old March 9, 2003, 17:05   #44
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

I'm in the woods trying to build up a mobile telesystem just to pick it down again after two days to build it on another place.

(Oh welll, right now I'm home, but that's at least where I've been now for a while)
Old March 9, 2003, 19:05   #45
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

People how on Bananaba is is possible that so few people reply. I's too silent!

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 9, 2003, 20:13   #46
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
Quote:
Where is Meshelic?

But it's official now, based on my testing I will either be involved in:
4.) Combat Controller

Meshelic
Word to the wise, make sure that you get something that you can use in the Real World, outside of the Air Force.

E_T
Old March 9, 2003, 20:18   #47
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:17
I have been lurking..... but I'm also still lookig for a job...

E_T
Old March 10, 2003, 04:36   #48
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

Word to the wise, make sure that you get something that you can use in the Real World, outside of the Air Force.

E_T
Good point, my brother was stuck as a dental asst in the Army. IRL, he can't get a job in that field because he doesn't look the part of a dental asst (height and weight), although if I was a dentist, he is the perfect candidate to help restrain difficult patients.

Back on topic, it has been kind of dead around here lately; I also have done more lurking than posting.
Old March 10, 2003, 06:15   #49
Meshelic
King

Thanks for the advice E_T, yeah I've been hearing that alot but that doesn't make it any less important to hear.

These jobs that I listed are purely going to be my first jobs, probably for about 2 years until I cross-train into something else. There are a ton of mechanical jobs open to me, and also some Intelligence jobs. (good stuff).

My plan is to first do some flight mechanical, then move into military intelligence in a couple years (which if I stay on in that field then I can cross-train into the FBI or CIA or something), and then go from there.

We shall see.
Old March 10, 2003, 06:17   #50
Meshelic
King

Well, it HAS been pretty dead around here. I mean, geez, Labor Party doesn't do anything and everyone leaves. I guess we know who the REAL power behind things were.....

( that's my ploy to get Arnelos to post something, lets see if it works...shhhh)

I assume most are busy with the PTW Demo and Intersite Demo games?
Old March 10, 2003, 08:23   #51
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
( that's my ploy to get Arnelos to post something, lets see if it works...shhhh)
Arnie doesn't play Civ3 anymore, he's 100% MoO3 now.
Old March 10, 2003, 09:20   #52
Meshelic
King

What a loser

actually MOO3 is awesome, really cool game
Old March 10, 2003, 10:33   #53
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Hey Mesh,

Go with #2 on that list. I may get to see you once in a while then.

I'm currently on a support contract for some of those guidance systems and make it out to each wing at least once a year...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 10, 2003, 17:46   #54
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
What a loser

actually MOO3 is awesome, really cool game
Actually... I've been offline again since Friday afternoon (it now being Monday afternoon).

So I wasn't even doing MoO3.

To mutilate a cliche:

Real life happens.

Things have been rather busy of late.
Old March 11, 2003, 07:37   #55
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well there's not much happening to feed off of, is there? No turns played = no activity. I check all the time, and post when there's something new. There's likely lots of people who do the same, and are waiting to see what's happening.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!