Old February 25, 2003, 12:23   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 15:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We need to go back to a cooperative SMAC/X story...
...then the current only one, which is back into space. I miss SMAC/X, and they need to make a sequel

I miss Chiron Chronicles and the like...even thought i was pretty involved in its death

anyone interested? I already have a basic system i've came up to deal with military confrontations and so on...

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2003, 18:16   #2
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 06:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That sounds fine, in general. Unfortunately, Beyond Alpha Centauri is a full-time writing job (even when you're in a slump. I no longer control it - it controls me). Something like this might attract new talent. Lord help AC-Fiction, it's so quiet! I don't know if there're enough writers in the actual Alpha Centauri zone. You might have to import some from Civ3-Stories.
Old February 27, 2003, 03:01   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:22
I wouldn't mind joining in such a project, as long as we don't experience the same problem as we did in BAC.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2003, 12:15   #4
Mellian
Queen

I don't want to have the same problems we had in BAC, or the problems we had during Chiron Chronicles

As for attracting people from Civ3-Stories...well, we (or simply I) do some civ3 story that leads to here, with a link at the end

-Mellian
Old February 28, 2003, 18:27   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 14:22
Well, perhaps, Mellian, that would be a good idea. I've been over at Civ3 Stories, and feeling that I've missed AC too much. I'm afraid BAC might have gone the way of CC...

I'd be interested, but I'm not sure if I'd have too much time.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2003, 22:32   #6
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

BAC? The way of CC? Are you kidding?!

(Admittedly, two of our writers are going to the Middle East, another is ensconced permanently in the chat room, another hasn't posted for months, and another has vanished from the face of the earth. But, on the plus side, it has still generated the most posts out of anything in AC-Fiction, ever.)
Old March 1, 2003, 22:28   #7
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 16:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

(Admittedly, two of our writers are going to the Middle East,
So...that would be Sprayber and me?

I haven't been able to drag up BAC: Dawn of the Protectorate, which is pissing me off. I may have to start a new thread BAC: Hydrin Sun which takes place immediately after Tarwater and the Spartans are defeat, and Ian ascends to the office of Lord Protector.

If the actual BAC story is on the verge of dying out, I may have a way to tie it up. Dosi-Protectorate-Morgan-Free Drones go on crusade to destroy GHE, University, Earth, Spartens. As war draws near invasion of GHE Capital (Ian: "Emperor Yang, we are here to place you under arrest") The Progenitors and Hferhin begin the invasion of our little part of the galaxy.

Was also thinking about working in the Goa'uld.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2003, 08:17   #8
Clear Skies
Prince

Local Time: 20:22
As always, I'm still hovering around, although I have a lot less time than I used to. It's A-level year, and I have several other fiction projects that I'm working on...
Still. I exist, and I'm still interested in writing for SMAC.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2003, 12:51   #9
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

(Admittedly, two of our writers are going to the Middle East, another is ensconced permanently in the chat room, another hasn't posted for months, and another has vanished from the face of the earth. But, on the plus side, it has still generated the most posts out of anything in AC-Fiction, ever.)
don't forget the one that was banned from the story after a collective agreement

-Mellian
Old March 3, 2003, 12:54   #10
Mellian
Queen

anyway, is there enough interest for a another cooperative SMAC story? I just got Moo3, and i will probably have a better chance of starting a co-op Moo3 story

hmmmm, how about we mix Alpha Centauri in Moo3? lol

-Mellian
Old March 21, 2003, 01:18   #11
Mellian
Queen

Okay, proposed system to use for a new SMAC/X co-op story, which is also diplomacy like, in a nut shell...

system will be base on the game, where most of the stats wll be base on the starting social engineering stats of the Factions at first...but with Morale changed to Military.

Resources and Industry will be like Moo3 or Hearts of Irons.. with faction wide numbers on food, minerals, industrial capacity, research and treasury/economy.

Research will not be stickly be base on the SMAC/X tech tree...so may have specific research projects, if application to level of technology wise, to have Power Armor, Battleoids, Androids, or whatever.

Industry eats minerals, while Units eats up Industrial points (they produce supplies and stuff needed for maintenance after all). Economy/treasury could be used to improve the training of units...where the Military stat is the default level of training without need of funding.

everything will be worked out a basic Fudge manner...and some stats will have uses, like Efficiency may effect a number of actions.... Growth will only be dependent upon to figure population growth every once in the while...

may focus on month per month basis, then days and weeks.

military actions resolved in simple fugde style, with +1s and -1s depending on circumstances, tech, type of unit, and so on....then finallized with a dice

Heavilly discourage the need to discuss what your planning to do with your faction before posting your actions. element of unknown makes it fun...

I am willing to figure out the math and such of your faction if you don't want to...don't want it to be a chore...

story will be semi-turn like...

what do people think?

-Mellian

Last edited by Mellian; March 21, 2003 at 23:19.
Old March 21, 2003, 21:51   #12
Mr. President
Emperor

Sounds interesting! I bet if you started fishing for people, you could get quite a few.
Old March 22, 2003, 02:31   #13
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:22
Sign me up.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2003, 12:47   #14
Mellian
Queen

Okay

What kind of Map we should base the story one...the default SMAC or SMAX one, or randomly generated?

Who wants to be who?

I will post the rules/stats/etc tonight or tormorrow.

-Mellian
Old March 23, 2003, 13:10   #15
Mellian
Queen

I wonder...will people be okay with the idea of, posting an action (or PM me it if you like to keep it secret), which would be a general description and proposed +1 and -1, depending on the factors involve... After receiving that, I give the results from the dice (of +1 or 0 or -1, rolled five times), and make any modifications to your factions stats if needed (depending on the nature of the action). After receiving the results, then it will be up to you to write it out in the Story thread.

May also modify the proposed numbers of an action if it conflicts or whatever with another faction's action...like both trying to pull off an offensive against each other for example....or both working together against another faction. Another reason is wether if some of the proposed numbers are irrelavent or simply redundant for the particular action.

what do people think?
Old June 26, 2003, 16:16   #16
Charion
Settler

Local Time: 20:22
Sounds interesting... I've been doing some SMAX and SMAC stories over at another board and they've always been fun albit comedic.
Charion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2003, 21:28   #17
Sprayber
Emperor

Is there someone prophising the end of BAC?

Surely not. My time has been quiet limited but my return post is near.

The idea sounds very good though. I Hope it works out
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote