Old February 26, 2003, 02:46   #31
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 14:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Switch
Igonring any facts, or possibility of wrong facts, I agree with Tass. I do not, in any way, shape, or form, envy the US. But, I also don't consider the country to be superior to Canada (not gloating, just a view based on my morals).
So you have a high economy? So...money isn't the center of my life (and, actually right now Canada has the best economy in the G7). Great military? bah, diplomacy is usually better. And when that doesn't work, the UN'll help us out. But diplomacy first.
I think it a rather blind argument to say that just because someone doesn't like something, they must in reality be in envy of it.

And frankly, I actually find the American view on France right now to be sick. So what if you helped them in WW2, that isn't any reason for them to help America in a war that they disagree with. WWII was a war of defence, not offence. America saw a need, and helped. For that, you deserve honour. But you don't deserve a repayment by France. Excuse me, now, as I eat my FRENCH fries .
Im not saying people are envious, just certain governments. Of course, most people arent envious, for amny of the reasons you arent, most are very ocntent and proud to live in the countries that they do.

And also, i never said that just because people dont like the US, they must be envious, only that some peoples' actions are so irrational, that i know no other way to explain them, than thru envy.

and as for france, i dont care. if they disagree, that is their choice. they owe us nothing. it only pains me when i see the people of our ally burning american flags with such hatred... and when you listen to their reasons, so many are misinformed with either wrong or horriblely biased information. so many Euros complain of american ignorance, but, perhaps, many should look in the mirror. again, that doesnt go for everyone. there are many non americans, especially on this forum, who tho i dont agree with their opinions, they at least arrived to their opinions with rationality and good information...

kman
Old February 26, 2003, 02:47   #32
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
Sounds like an opponent to keep around. He didn't quit when you were ahead, and though he got a bit emotional and seriously BSed you, he still managed to follow a strategy towards winning. Your games w/ him from here on should be more interesting, at least in human foriegn relations.
yeah, hes an exceptional opponent. as good as me even hehehe...
Old February 26, 2003, 03:03   #33
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 06:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Of course the Soviet Union, China, Germany, France etc. are all completely innocent pacifists who have no blood on their hands.

There was no point in even making this post, because Tassadar is such an ignorant little fool that he would have to read an encyclopedia to know nothing. Yes, you heard me. I don't care if or how long I get banned for saying that (I need an excuse to use the Internet less, anyway). But in the end, he's irrelevant, because at the end of the day he's just some bitter old man typing bitter little platitudes into his web browser - the same thing applies to me, in fact, and everyone else who types in "apolyton.net/forums" so they can ignore the games-oriented sections that form 99% of the website and sit around debating world politics and thinking anybody actually gives a damn about their pathetic little opinions.

So why don't we all swallow our stupid little opinions, and go play football? Now there's something worth getting excited about. And next time you - any of you - are about to open your mouth or click "Post Reply" and yak about something you know nothing about, take an extra ten seconds to think. About anything. Maybe if everyone did that, I wouldn't have to make posts like this.
Old February 26, 2003, 04:02   #34
Kramerman
Prince

Old February 26, 2003, 04:14   #35
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 15:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
PtW sucks... Civ 2 :TOT is king of Civ games!
We finally have something to agree on...
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 26, 2003, 04:38   #36
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 15:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Switch
Igonring any facts, or possibility of wrong facts, I agree with Tass. I do not, in any way, shape, or form, envy the US. But, I also don't consider the country to be superior to Canada (not gloating, just a view based on my morals).
So you have a high economy? So...money isn't the center of my life (and, actually right now Canada has the best economy in the G7). Great military? bah, diplomacy is usually better. And when that doesn't work, the UN'll help us out. But diplomacy first.
I think it a rather blind argument to say that just because someone doesn't like something, they must in reality be in envy of it.

And frankly, I actually find the American view on France right now to be sick. So what if you helped them in WW2, that isn't any reason for them to help America in a war that they disagree with. WWII was a war of defence, not offence. America saw a need, and helped. For that, you deserve honour. But you don't deserve a repayment by France. Excuse me, now, as I eat my FRENCH fries .
Switch, what little ire I hold toward France is entirely because what they are doing now and not because of what we did for them then. I have no such illusions. They are doing what they perceive to be in their best interests, as we are doing in respect to ours.

That dosen't mean I can't find fault with their perceptions.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old March 1, 2003, 01:19   #37
Ikarus
Settler

Behold, the Spanish president arrives.

Yes, I was was the backstabber, however, my good friend Kramerman(man, I hate that name) overexaggerated much of the story, yet it is still pretty accurate.
It was a great game. The two supercontinents separated us and I dominated the West. I held an early lead as I was the only civ on my continent to have iron. Had I not attempted a dumb policy called coexistance my future empire would have been glorious. However, the warmongering Romans were determined to take control of their continent. Being personal friends we decided to team up against the computers. Since I attempted coexistance, my friend easily pulled ahead as he conquered the powerful English.(I did assist my ally in such an invasion by taking 4 cities and creating another front for the English, but I was unable to do much damage). Eventually, the continent fell to my ally and his power quickly began to rise. As did the power of those damn Germans on my continent. Seeing a bleak future I planned to invade Germany with assistance from my ally. I claimed that I would produce much modern armor, but seeing my victory dwindle, I attempted to secretly win the space race. Had it not been for me verbally stating this fact, I might have succeeded. I then stopped my race at 90% complete to aid my friend in a nuclear devastation of Germany

Well, it seems those dirty Americans, I mean Romans are much better than my civ. Why is it that almost every game I play parallels the real world? Anyways, this just goes to support my friend's original post.
Old March 1, 2003, 01:26   #38
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 20:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
There was no point in even making this post, because Tassadar is such an ignorant little fool
I'm noticing Americans are soooooooo much easier to troll, and they fall into even the most blatant trolls now days.

Why is that?
Old March 1, 2003, 01:41   #39
cae_raven
Settler

Local Time: 20:22
I've decided to throw myself into this pit of debate...hmm...perhaps argument is the better word? None the less, it's most interesting, I've done little in the realm of Forums, and even less in debating political stances (not meaning I'm without my views), and yet I can hardly help myself from such passionate discourse.

The one thing i'm unable to discern is the main topic of debate, or at least the current one, I've noted several topics ranging from the quality ni life between countries to killing Saddam. If i am to rush into this melee of discussion, I must have a current topic of conversation!

Hah, this will be most intersting...
Old March 1, 2003, 02:01   #40
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Of course the Soviet Union, China, Germany, France etc. are all completely innocent pacifists who have no blood on their hands.

There was no point in even making this post, because Tassadar is such an ignorant little fool that he would have to read an encyclopedia to know nothing. Yes, you heard me. I don't care if or how long I get banned for saying that (I need an excuse to use the Internet less, anyway). But in the end, he's irrelevant, because at the end of the day he's just some bitter old man typing bitter little platitudes into his web browser - the same thing applies to me, in fact, and everyone else who types in "apolyton.net/forums" so they can ignore the games-oriented sections that form 99% of the website and sit around debating world politics and thinking anybody actually gives a damn about their pathetic little opinions.

So why don't we all swallow our stupid little opinions, and go play football? Now there's something worth getting excited about. And next time you - any of you - are about to open your mouth or click "Post Reply" and yak about something you know nothing about, take an extra ten seconds to think. About anything. Maybe if everyone did that, I wouldn't have to make posts like this.
Yes, because football will save the world...

Someone should have just told the founding fathers to shutup when they were ranting about Britain, would have saved us a lot of trouble.