Old February 26, 2003, 06:43   #1
m_m_x
Warlord

Local Time: 22:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
another graphic glitch iv noticed..
when im moving a unit in ptw there is a weird thing happens randomly,i dont know if any1 have noticed that .
when moving a unit all the other units suddenly blink for a split second,but its not a blink like they disappearing and appearing again,the blink is like the game draws another unit under the existing one,and i can tell it by the shadow of the unit that becomes darker
sometimes it happens and sometimes not...
have any1 else notice that weird graphic bug?
Old March 7, 2003, 04:00   #2
m_m_x
Warlord

the problem is still there after the new patch...
Old March 7, 2003, 14:25   #3
Dr Shot
Settler

Local Time: 20:24
Sorry to say I've not seen this anomaly. However, I did see something that could, and almost was,a disaster.
While playing MP PTW yesterday I was being attacked, feeblelyI might add, by a swordsman and a catapult. The swordsman died attacking and ,as I figured this would happen, pounced on the lone catapult befor any units could be added on top/with it for protection. At thiat point the standard 'we have captured so and so 's catapult' message poped up then it repeated it no less than fifteen times. My opponent thought I captured as many cats and was quite miffed. After the game ended,the time limit was surpassed, my opponent stated their displeasure w/ the situation(me getting a bakers dozen, unwarrented, free, catapults) and we as adults ,mended the hard fealings. This was seen by both of us,and in the end the game was not effected; I captured only the one catapult.
Old March 7, 2003, 17:02   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:24
Dr. Shot, It sounds like the captured enemy catapult script got caught in a loop....well, at least it was only the one that was captured. It sounds like the game ironed itself out...was there any more hic-ups concerning the capturing of enemy units?
Old March 7, 2003, 17:06   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Concernig MMX's "glitch" - I've had similiar experiences in the past. Normally, when I right-click on a stack of units, and choose one to move, it looks like the unit is not on the top of the stack but rather buried underneath...so it shows the "blinking" type motiion while the unit in question is "dug out" of the stack. I myself don't really concider this a glitch, but rather the way the program cycles though the units.
Old March 7, 2003, 19:15   #6
m_m_x
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Concernig MMX's "glitch" - I've had similiar experiences in the past. Normally, when I right-click on a stack of units, and choose one to move, it looks like the unit is not on the top of the stack but rather buried underneath...so it shows the "blinking" type motiion while the unit in question is "dug out" of the stack. I myself don't really concider this a glitch, but rather the way the program cycles though the units.
its not that kind of thing....

i added an avi file that captures my screen during gameplay and you can see the problem...
plz tell me what you think?-maybe its because im using win98 se?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip example.zip (374.3 KB, 13 views)
Old March 8, 2003, 13:24   #7
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I've run your avi file...The only thing I see is your warrior being moved from one tile to the next. Yes there is a "slight" delay in the warrior's movement (ie, a double image as he moves), but I still don't consider this a glitch since I don't believe, the warrior's "slightly" choppy movement has any effect the game play it self.

Is this what you mean? By the way, my operating system is Win2000 Pro - but that would have no effect on the avi file being ran differently.
Old March 8, 2003, 17:47   #8
m_m_x
Warlord

pay attention to the other units around.
look how their shadow is become darker every time that i move a unit...
that's what i mean.....
thanks..
Old March 9, 2003, 12:58   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Ah, ok. Yes, I do see that the other unit's shadows darken a little bit under them when the unit in question moves...But I still don't see it as a problem in the game itself.
Old March 9, 2003, 16:51   #10
m_m_x
Warlord

imho,the problem is not a gameplay issue, i can live with that,but as i said in the beginning of this thread
i truly think that in that split second of time when i move a unit ,the game draws twice all the units on screen ...and if so then the game is using more computer resources (memory,cpu) then its should have.