View Poll Results: Candidates listed alphabetically:
Maniac 11 61.11%
TKG 7 38.89%
Write-in 0 0%
Abstain/Xenobanana! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26, 2003, 12:08   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election: Alpha Talent
You have three days to choose.
Old February 26, 2003, 12:13   #2
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 15:25
This one's a toughie...
Old February 26, 2003, 12:15   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Ah yes. Speech:

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I guess it becomes about time I start some sort of election campaign. Perhaps other people may follow this example, when they have a contested election. Personally though I'm not sure how I could promote myself, as Alpha talent is not a job where you have direct control over things like with DPO or governor. For these jobs you can really campaign and explain your plans. An Alpha Talent doesn't need any "grand plans". It's an organizing job. Making things run smoothly etcetera. As a consequence, I cannot post any ideas. I can only ask: Look at what I have done in the last month and judge me about that. Previous months the job of Alpha Talent was kind of neglected. It was basically only to start elections. Some months we didn't even have an alpha talent! I believe I can say I have changed that. I have proved the job can and does play an important part in the government. As example making the missing orders, which made things much easier compared to previous terms.

Of course the job of Alpha Talent requires taking unpopular decisions from time to time, which may upset some people. For example: proposing impeachments to the judges, informing people their polls or orders are illegal, annoying people by asking for delivering their orders on time repeatedly... I hope you won't judge my actions this term badly for that. It is simply something which needs to be done, though I wished I wouldn't have to. And I will probably have to do some unpopular things again should I be re-elected for next term. I can only promise I will have a neutral attitude when such a decision needs to be taken (though of course I won't stay neutral in RP discussions). I won't protect certain people, or be more strict against others. The "left" and "right' will be treated equally. I would still impeach Drogue, still be pissed off at Hercules for not posting orders, like I would still tell TKG and GT when their orders are illegal.
In short, I promise fairness and dedication.

Now I have said goodbye to regional governor politics (unlike my countercandidate ), I can concentrate me fully on our faction as a whole, without bias. Therefor I hope you will vote for me in the next elections, and give me the chance to further maintain the efficient government of our faction.

If you have any questions for me or my colleague TKG, please ask them. I'Ill try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

Thanks,

Maniac
Old February 26, 2003, 12:27   #4
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

A toughie indeed....i'll wait a bit before voting
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old February 26, 2003, 12:42   #5
Maniac

Maniac needs you!

Old February 26, 2003, 18:20   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 17:25
TKG needs you more
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	maniacneedsyou.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	38195  
Old February 26, 2003, 18:49   #7
Cedayon
King

gah... unable... to... decide...
Old February 26, 2003, 19:08   #8
Maniac

/me tries desperately to look for election arguments...
You should vote on me. My internet connection drops fewer times per turnchat than TKG's does!
Old February 26, 2003, 19:12   #9
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

*ahem*
it doesn't drop, i simply have to leave from time to time

/me desperately searches for arguements
uh, er...i'm an emperor! therefore, i'm more respectable!

(shup up kass )
Old February 26, 2003, 19:16   #10
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
(shup up kass )
Yeah but I write less spelling mistakes.
Old February 26, 2003, 19:24   #11
Method
Emperor

Old February 26, 2003, 20:30   #12
Cedayon
King

Well, TKG's losing by 3 votes, and I can't let him be beat that badly (it's not like there's any other deciding factors) so I vote for the Emperor
Old February 27, 2003, 02:57   #13
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Voted using similar logic to Cedayon. I don't realyl care who wins, they're both excellent candidates, so I'm just making it as close as possible...
Old February 27, 2003, 06:20   #14
Kirov
Prince

That's the funniest elections ever held...

Tough choice, but voted Maniac. Our jobs shouldn't be lifelong, after all.
Old February 27, 2003, 14:16   #15
Maniac

In order to provide the voters with at least some serious arguments , I'd like to draw the people's attention to TKG's repeated conflict of interest by performing two jobs. I remember the expensive rushing of Aurillian formers, with which many people disagreed, and now again the Aurillian boreholes, where there is no one to veto the Aurillian governor. No safety net. So as argument to vote for me I'd like to say I'm not running anymore for the Jedinican regional government, so I cannot be as easily corrupted as TKG, who is running as well for Aurillion.
Edit: I must admit I was not completely free from bias myself this last term. For example I suddenly became very legalese when GT wanted to research the Longevity Vaccine without polling, while I wanted to reserve as much one-base SPs as possible to Jedinica. But at least I try to make it not over-obvious when acting biased.

Last edited by Maniac; February 27, 2003 at 14:22.
Old February 27, 2003, 14:33   #16
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:25
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
uh, er...i'm an emperor! therefore, i'm more respectable!

(shup up kass )
You are a Lower Emperor. The order of the Higher Emperors was fulfilled when I and GeneralTacticus became Emperors.

And I vote Maniac, since he doesn't kick people in the turnchats. Well, he did kick TKG once, but that's a plus for him.
Old February 27, 2003, 17:15   #17
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 20:25
well both are ex brothers of the long forgotten P4....but because Maniac stopped my invasion of Morgan once
i voted for TKG
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old February 27, 2003, 17:41   #18
Maniac

Did I? There was a large discussion about that, but as far as I remember I didn't participate in it. I think TKG would have been more against that war than me. I could still justify it as replacing that corporate dictator Morgan with a democratic regime.

Darn. TKG is approaching me again.
Old February 27, 2003, 19:11   #19
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I'd like to draw the people's attention to TKG's repeated conflict of interest by performing two jobs. I remember the expensive rushing of Aurillian formers, with which many people disagreed, and now again the Aurillian boreholes, where there is no one to veto the Aurillian governor. No safety net. So as argument to vote for me I'd like to say I'm not running anymore for the Jedinican regional government, so I cannot be as easily corrupted as TKG, who is running as well for Aurillion.
i'd also like to point out that i was only governing aurillion because nobody else came forward, and i was left with little choice. either i could have done it, or Xenobanana could have. besides, i didnt see the alpha talent rushing forward
Old February 27, 2003, 19:20   #20
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
besides, i didnt see the alpha talent rushing forward
Well, already being governor of JV might have had something to do with that
Old February 27, 2003, 19:42   #21
Method
Emperor

i know, but i was the DIA, and now people are complaining.
Old February 27, 2003, 22:32   #22
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 21:25
As everyone has said, this is a toughie. Both candidates have been fair to me in the past and both have been vg at the job.

Whoever doesn't get it, I hope won't take umbrage and leave.
Old February 28, 2003, 00:54   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia

You are a Lower Emperor. The order of the Higher Emperors was fulfilled when I and GeneralTacticus became Emperors.
Hey! Gimme a chance Kass. I'm heading that way...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 28, 2003, 07:30   #24
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:25
Hmm... Damn.... MWIA might be inaugurated as a Higher Emperor with a separately set "MWIA Clause".
Old February 28, 2003, 20:40   #25
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 21:25
FromDBTS

Quote:
but because Maniac stopped my invasion of Morgan once
I wouldn't be where I am but for that intervention (and later) and I am very thankful for help (from TKG) with avatar, but my vote goes with Maniac
Old February 28, 2003, 20:43   #26
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
i know, but i was the DIA, and now people are complaining.
Well, yea, but people always complain... I was referring to the problem of someone being governor of two regions at once... *thinks about Akiria and Solaris for a moment* hmm, nevermind