Old March 4, 2003, 21:12   #31
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 15:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I love the game and spend countless hours playing, I have experienced no problems with the ones I have.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 4, 2003, 22:15   #32
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 13:41
I've said it before and I will say it one last time - Civ3 and PTW especially feel like rush jobs. Infogrames probably contractually forced Firaxis into releasing them before they were ready. I have had to release very crappy software before for the exact same reason, and this definitely looks like those peices of, er, stuff.

Firaxis has had a great track record up until now (SMAC and Civ2 are my 2 all time favs). They have proven THEIR loyalty to us by continuing to issue patches which greatly improve the game (I don't know why you have had the opposite experience).

Firaxis deserves another chance - hopefully they will not agree ahead of time to a fixed schedule as the unknown (like half your staff leaving to form their own company) can and usually will happen. They should look at Blizzard for inspiration - Take a few years to develop the game, playtest the hell out of it, perfect it, and don't release it until it just simply rules. Then you can charge insanely high prices for it and we will lovingly pay.
Old March 5, 2003, 14:44   #33
Dr Shot
Settler

Local Time: 20:41
Azail,you have done a fine service to our civ gameing community; pointing out this hidden plague knowen as 'Infrogrames'
However,you have missed the boat (again ?). The evildoers you speak of have already released civIV (see 'bugs in civ iv' i think...)and a swarm of bugs have been found...

None of this ever would have occured had it not been for the 'Evil Algore', as surely you know he invented the inf(r)ormation highway us mortals refere to as the internet
Old March 5, 2003, 14:59   #34
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 13:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Shot
Azail,you have done a fine service to our civ gameing community; pointing out this hidden plague knowen as 'Infrogrames'
However,you have missed the boat (again ?). The evildoers you speak of have already released civIV (see 'bugs in civ iv' i think...)and a swarm of bugs have been found...

None of this ever would have occured had it not been for the 'Evil Algore', as surely you know he invented the inf(r)ormation highway us mortals refere to as the internet
Old March 5, 2003, 17:14   #35
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 22:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Elden
The game is great - the delays for PTW in Australia were ridiculous though.
hi ,

go to the civ3 section of this site , order a US english version true the link , ....

this shall give you the follwing ; a fast delivery , cheap priced copy , a US english disk , therefore you always have the first patch and less software troubles , ....

have a nice day