Old March 2, 2003, 08:47   #31
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We don't need no stinkin' highways!

Btw, what is your country's new name?
Old March 2, 2003, 08:57   #32
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

The Republic of Bezoret has 13 million population. Nice.
Old March 2, 2003, 10:24   #33
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I changed it to Land of Angels (There was no way I could remember that other name... and you need the name when login in... isn't there a way to have auto-login?
Old March 2, 2003, 14:24   #34
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:42
No way matey
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 2, 2003, 14:28   #35
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Welcome to Simcountry then
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 2, 2003, 15:14   #36
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Hm important- build LOTS of roads and rails, and lower your company tax rate to 45-45, the current 30-80 will trash your economy as soon as companies will start closing and firing employees

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 2, 2003, 15:38   #37
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
How do you make this money?
( Maybe should've built thousands of miles of road )

How much can you upgrade a corp, and how important is it?
Old March 2, 2003, 16:57   #38
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Money is all- build some corporations, or ask some foreign CEOs to come in your country and build them for you (remember! if a corporation you own is losing money, soon it will bankrupt-leaving its debt to YOU)

Corporations will start making money selling their products and paying taxes to your country, decreasing unemployment and giving your workers money that they'll spend in taxes and contibutes to health and education. Use part of that money to raise the retired workers' pensions. You'll be able to train more and more people every month and move your economy from heavy industry to hi-tech, and upgrades of course. Then, your companies will start pushing out cash you may need to build a decent army: raise workers' salaries and lower taxes a bit to create a strong reputation among the simcountry community, and soon dozens of CEOs will build more and more companies in your country- then here it comes! military defeat and misery of course

I dunno why but roads and rails seem to raise the amount of money your companies pay

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 01:27   #39
Skanky Burns

You can upgrade a corps efficiency and quality to 201%. It increases the profitability of your companies massively, and I have all my companies either at 200% or building towards that.

To make money, start corporations that are profitable. Services, high-tech services, software, computers - these types of companies all make money. Some other industries aren't as lucrative - the quality upgrades company, most government industries (building schools, highschools, roads, etc) don't make a profit.

Speaking of which, ADG kill that quality upgrade company and the school-building company. The first is losing you 3 B$ a year, the second is losing a lesser amount each year.
Old March 3, 2003, 03:58   #40
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Yeah you probably can't play witout broadband connection.
I'm on a 56k and managing fine.
Old March 3, 2003, 04:32   #41
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
I can't seem to find a nation with enough staff for a service corp
Old March 3, 2003, 05:50   #42
Skanky Burns

Teirolien has enough people.

Although if you were really desperate, you could start it in any country and just put salaries up until you had stolen enough staff from other businesses in that country.
Old March 3, 2003, 11:38   #43
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Try out clothes industry- raw materials are shamefully cheap

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 14:46   #44
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Should I declare war to Boox Backyard?

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 14:50   #45
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
Hmmm... I can't login... when trying to login, it says "Unknown country"... I've tried both with the first country name, and with the name I changed it to... nothing works... I tried to send an email to them, but they haven't responded yet...
Old March 3, 2003, 15:32   #46
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 16:42
I am the President of Mentop. I have a population of 8.4 million people and I am currently ranked #227 in White Giant.

Here are my current stats
Education Index 100.9
Health Index 99.5
Social Security 55.7
Employment Index 92.0 (8% unemployment)
Transportation Index 68.2
Business and Trade Index 113.4
Finance Index 132.9

I'm having some shortages or low level workers, but I am upgrading the efficiency of my corporations which will free up some low level workers. I also plan on increasing my social security payments, and my military. Emphasis on the military because as of this post my defense index is 37.9 and 0 for both offensive and strategic.

I have a cash stock of about $1.4 trillion with $400 billion currently lent out (soon to be a whole lot more). I pull in about $17 b per month. Total assets of my country are in excess of $5 trillion and my corporation value is $3.2 trillion.

P.S. What exactly do roads/railroads/water treatment facilities do?
Old March 3, 2003, 15:44   #47
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

What are you waiting for? Build up hundreds of THOUSANDS of road and rail miles, soldiers, helicopters, fighters, nukes and bomb everything and everyone!

Send a PM to Neo Tantallon in order to get invited to Apolyton Federation

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 15:45   #48
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

ADG- it's very uncommon but sometimes it happens- just wait a cpl hours and try again

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 16:01   #49
dudemanjack
Warlord

I just offered $1 trillion in loans

That'll bring in at 4%, about $3.3 billion a month.
Old March 3, 2003, 16:07   #50
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I hate you

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 18:17   #51
dudemanjack
Warlord

Yeah...been slacking off the past month and a half and the cash just kinda started accumulating.

I'm gonna start slowly building up my forces (defensive for now), but not too fast because I don't want to run out of middle managers (even though I have like 30k unemployed). Low level workers are probably also used, and my stock of those is fairly low (should increase with my effectivity upgrades).

I had my education index up to 120 but I have no use for that if my low level worker pool dries up. It has settled around 100 now.

Tip for new people: upgrade the quality ASAP. It helps. As soon as you get the hang out the education priorities, and have a lot of high level workers, upgrade the effectivity as well. It lowers the # of employees so you get more profit, plus more lower level workers for more corporations.
Old March 3, 2003, 18:28   #52
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

A question: how much attack power is needed to defeat a 11 defensive index?

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 3, 2003, 18:45   #53
dudemanjack
Warlord

Dunno....I was checking my immediate borders and found a country with 13m people that has no president. PM me if anybody wants it and I'll find it again and give the name.
Old March 3, 2003, 19:35   #54
Skanky Burns

I wanted to find out about the attack levels needed too. I haven't tried war yet, so it would be interesting.
Old March 4, 2003, 05:02   #55
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
dudemanjack:
Is there any way to reserve it for me?
Old March 4, 2003, 06:27   #56
Skanky Burns

I don't think so. Just get yourself signed up for it, and actually start controlling the country later when you have time.
Old March 4, 2003, 12:33   #57
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

And don't forget asking Datajack to send you an invitation to the game, so he (and you of course, silly peasant can have the 20B$ bonus

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 14:15   #58
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Speaking of, I wanted to send this as a PM but Poly is cooler (and gives a +1 of course)

I'm waiting the three months of war preparation to pass and stocking with Construction in order to rebuild war damages (yes, I declared war! what were you doing?) in my country and in my little funny playground in Boox Backyard- I need trade deals/direct sales of any quantity of Construction you can offer, asap please

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 19:35   #59
Skanky Burns

Ok, I have offered you 100,000 units of construction (all I have spare) over the next 30 months.

So you can declare war on a country individually even though you are part of a Federation?
Old March 4, 2003, 19:43   #60
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Actually I already did

Of course I could ask the federation to help me attack my enemy with THEIR weapons but I want to take care of my puppet country by myself, thank you very much (isn't it like US and Iraq! lol)

Oh and thx for yr Construction SkB

Asher on molly bloom