Old March 4, 2003, 19:50   #61
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Here are some good reasons to declare war on a country you don't like:

1- damage infrastructures and industries in order to create a huge request of Construction to rebuild the place
2-get puppet's cash and medium level WORKERS, move them to your country and have fun
3-get some Construction from federation members- they will make lots of cash within a month and raise world market price of Construction units
4-sell Construction to puppet country and gain back all of your money with interests due to the raise of market value
5- use puppet country's influence to surround your polsk enemies in the south so they would have to fight two fronts in case they happen to get bored and declare war on you
6- one country can order 100 interceptors every month- two countries can order 200
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 19:54   #62
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I can order 500 interceptors each month.

There is a problem with number 3 though.
I'm selling construction to you at 105% of market price (the maximum they allow you to sell at to another player), but if I didn't make that contract, I would be selling it to the market at 250% of market price.
Old March 4, 2003, 19:57   #63
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:42
I'll give this a go. If someone wants to give me a certificate number, you have about 15 minutes.

Do It Ourselves
Old March 4, 2003, 20:04   #64
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Much better for ME then

And Skanky, don't get upset but I voted no about the joint war proposal- mine and your country only own some kind of offensive weapons, a joint war would mean that I would have to share my 30 offensive index (Datajack went shopping lately ) with other members with an index of...0

Of course I'd have no problems in sharing defences with my allies, but right now they're so far that sharing is useless right now, and Boox Backyards' attack index (somethink around 1 or 2) cannot break my 99 defence
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 20:09   #65
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Quote:
I'll give this a go. If someone wants to give me a certificate number, you have about 15 minutes.
Sent!

You see, staying up late waiting for Buffy did some good after all

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 20:16   #66
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Oh, and its fine if you don't need any help for your attack. I though you might need some assistance, but I'll admit I didn't check the country before making the vote.
Old March 4, 2003, 20:26   #67
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Anyway, that was very kind of yours and I'll remember that action- until Buffy starts of course

Hmm call me Datajack Buffy

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 20:31   #68
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Alright, I am now President of Ubinia. (Just south a bit from Franite Empire, along the coast)

Looks like the country is pretty bare bones at the moment, but I like working form the ground up.

Do It Ourselves
Old March 4, 2003, 20:38   #69
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Just keep in mind that my eastern border is a polsk stronghold and that they're waiting for the first chance to crush me, so don't talk to them

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 4, 2003, 21:24   #70
Skanky Burns

Alright, now The Empire is at war!
Caladon (computer controlled) will be my victim, and have a defencive index of around 34.

I should be pretty well covered supply-wise during the war, but have ordered 10,000 attack helicopter missiles and 5,000,000 extra construction units just in case.
Old March 4, 2003, 21:58   #71
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 16:42
I don't have any offensive weapons
Old March 5, 2003, 00:19   #72
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
I've made a minor loss in my first month with Pagan Hagan Fish.

I still can't build any service companies, but I placed a bid on one. It's profits were over 300M in the last month. Not being in the negatives alone was a bonus

I'm still learning
Old March 5, 2003, 04:18   #73
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
I can't wait to get ADSL so I'll be back in the game.
Old March 5, 2003, 05:04   #74
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
You don't need ADSL to play it! I'm on a 56k and I'm sweet!
Old March 5, 2003, 07:12   #75
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

I have ISDN and works great

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 07:57   #76
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 23:42
I'd rather not wait half a min before each screen loads, thank you very much.
Old March 5, 2003, 08:48   #77
Skanky Burns

Isn't Apolyton the same for you - slow loading?
It is for me when I am on a 56k
Old March 5, 2003, 11:45   #78
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Why did you declare war btw? I did it because the human player abandoned the country and didn't even had the decence of unsubscribing (and because I want a puppet country lol)

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 18:14   #79
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

I think I am geting the hang of managing corporationsnow, but I have just one question - is there any benefit to not having 100% hiring or productivity?

Do It Ourselves
Old March 5, 2003, 18:22   #80
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 16:42
I manually set all my corporations to 100% hiring and productivity and have yet to have a single problem. Maybe if you were running a country and had some labor shortages, you could make sure your more profitable corporations had all the labor and the others had less...but other than that I don't see why you wouldn't want them both at 100%
Old March 5, 2003, 18:42   #81
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 13:42
Just signed on myself - I little country called Justinia on a big island....
Old March 5, 2003, 19:02   #82
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
I think I am geting the hang of managing corporationsnow, but I have just one question - is there any benefit to not having 100% hiring or productivity?
Apparently what the developers were thinking was that during "slow" times for whatever product you were making, the factory would slow production down, hence saving you money.

I keep all my corporations at 100% and 100% - when the market picks up again I will be able to sell everything I have been stockpiling.
Old March 5, 2003, 19:07   #83
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Amesjustin
Just signed on myself - I little country called Justinia on a big island....

Kill that Advanced Effectivity Products company that is being built in your country now!
That will be costing you billions each year - these companies don't make money.
Old March 5, 2003, 19:43   #84
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

If you want some profitable companies go for clothes, meat, meat products, fruit juice, electronic components, cocoa, potatoes, steel, minerals and everything related to hi-tech

Avoid quality, efficiency upgrades, military, sports, vacation corps like plague

Osweld- set your education priorities for teachers and nurses to 99, those schools shutting down desperately need some staff; corps can work with workers shortages, country facilities just shut down..

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 19:45   #85
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

When will this damn war start? I'm tired sick of waiting! That country is sinking into debts!

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 19:56   #86
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Datajack Franit
Osweld- set your education priorities for teachers and nurses to 99, those schools shutting down desperately need some staff; corps can work with workers shortages, country facilities just shut down..
Yeah, that was one of the first things I did, although not that high (it's at 40 right now I believe, but maybe I'll bring it up a bit)

Do It Ourselves
Old March 5, 2003, 20:16   #87
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Those are facilities you'll have to rebuild in the future, wasting 20 of them every game month isn't a good thing

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 20:23   #88
Skanky Burns

I think I set my teachers priority to 80 when I first started my country, and spent the other 40 points amongst the remaining groups. Its not like I was getting many recruits from the other types either with my sorry state of education, so the low priorities didn't really hurt me significantly.
Old March 6, 2003, 07:53   #89
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Hmm look what I found on the net: a simcountry newbie guide

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/scou...ewcountry.html

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 6, 2003, 07:59   #90
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
I can't seem to get hooked on the game, so I don't think I'll be playing this much more...