Old March 1, 2003, 23:28   #1
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 16:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How do I build my Hydroponic farms?
The computer is doing a great job of building for me wich I like. I don't have to click on every planet and tell them what to do.

I would like to know is how the computer is doing it. I tried going to the planet and went to the build queues but under plantery build queues I have nothing there to build but if I go to ship build queues i can build my ships.

I try the (shoot forgot what it was called) screen where you go to the zones and but your DEA and that is where I see my hydroponic farms the viceroy builds, but when I click on the tab at the bottom it only says DEA for this or DEA for that.

So how do I make a hydroponic farm if I wanted it to do it myself or overide what the viceroy is doing.

All help greatly apprcieated.

Davor

ps back to reading the manual agian until i get some answers.

I read that when you go to planetary build queues it will on be buildings that you can only build once. Since the hydoponics farms are being built more that once in different zones, how do I do it?

Last edited by Yolky; March 1, 2003 at 23:42.
Yolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2003, 05:06   #2
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 20:45
I believeonly your planetary viceroyal can do that. I might be wrong.
Old March 2, 2003, 11:47   #3
Yolky
Prince

I believe I have the answer now. You can't build Hydroponic farms, thats the viceroys job, but you control how much spending goes into them.

I am starting to like this so I don't have to go to every planet and tell them what to make.

Davor
Old March 2, 2003, 13:32   #4
Dmitry
Settler

You can build Hydroponic farms and other buildings, try this mod: http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Porkins/TechTables.zip
(thanx to Porkins)

More MODs: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...1780822&t=8355
Dmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2003, 18:42   #5
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 12:45
Re: How do I build my Hydroponic farms?
Quote:
Originally posted by Yolky
So how do I make a hydroponic farm if I wanted it to do it myself or overide what the viceroy is doing.
well I let my viceroy do most of this, but from what I've gathered, you can only build the hydro farm if:

you have a bio DEA
and the hydro farm techno

then, the hydro farm will be in your build queue. Notice how you have two queues, one is the military and the other is public

or some word like that, i forgot it already... goes to show how great a job my viceroy is doing
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2003, 19:11   #6
Yolky
Prince

Re: Re: How do I build my Hydroponic farms?
Quote:
Originally posted by smellymummy

well I let my viceroy do most of this, but from what I've gathered, you can only build the hydro farm if:

you have a bio DEA
and the hydro farm techno

then, the hydro farm will be in your build queue. Notice how you have two queues, one is the military and the other is public

or some word like that, i forgot it already... goes to show how great a job my viceroy is doing
from what I gather and from the other Moo3 forums, the viceroy does it all. You can't tell it to build hydrofarms, unless from a mod what I gather.

Davor
Old March 2, 2003, 19:20   #7
smellymummy
King

if you prioritize farming in the dev plans, you'll see a lot of them being built

but you can do it manually, just go to the build queues:

in the planet view, click the top of the economic window, the one that pops up and lets you adjust specific percentages of how money goes for a planet. thats where the build queues are at if you want to do it manually of if you just want to review what the viceroy is doing
Old March 2, 2003, 19:30   #8
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

The Ai will slam in the hydro farms, if you have them and have a Bio DEA. It may not do them immediately, but it does get them in. If no tech or no Bio DEA, then you are not going to be able to build them.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2003, 19:35   #9
smellymummy
King

yolky, my bad.

I just had to test it out and you're correct, we can't build hydro farms directly

they look so much like the some other icons of stuff you can build, I just assumed I could of done it myself
Old March 2, 2003, 19:37   #10
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
The Ai will slam in the hydro farms, if you have them and have a Bio DEA. It may not do them immediately, but it does get them in. If no tech or no Bio DEA, then you are not going to be able to build them.
My planetary viceroyal are built Hydro farm in region without
bio DEA at all.
Old March 2, 2003, 19:48   #11
smellymummy
King

yup, hydro farms can be built in any area regardless of environment according to the tech description
Old March 3, 2003, 10:45   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

They're stopping my industry planets starving. Them and the underground farms. Nice, my industrial DEAs are producing food

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote