Old March 2, 2003, 02:35   #1
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Local Time: 15:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1888 Preliminary City Planner plans
This is a somewhat agressive plan, involving quite a bit of rushing of items. As is, it costs about 1700 gold, and we have about 1500 gold. We do have a couple freights that can be delivered this turn that should more than make up for the difference and several more which should be delivered next turn.

The plan also is intended to start producing freights to use towards SS structural parts. Each of the cities with SS on the build queue should have 30+ production so that a (food) freight can be used to add 50 shields to an empty production box, and then complete the 80 shield structural each turn. Given the current president's tendancies, I suspect several of the suggestions are too agressive, but are intended to be a starting point. Several of the smaller cities rushing of marketplaces to get them to grow certainly can be put off.

Also, Vigo is two-fold. To avoid wasting a full food box, we need to move workers off of all of the 3-food spaces, including the whales and rush the sewer system this turn. Net effect will be celebrate to 13, and grow to 14, and celebrate to 15. inner sea to outer sea also is an attempt to force the game not to place a worker on the unroaded grassland instead of a sea space.

Couple of other explanations - NOW is what is currently in production with completion in parentheses as appropriate. Amazon island should be Fre (freight), Rfm = riflemen. Also, workers next is intended to be the turn after a city grows via celebration what to do with that city worker to avoid him being a wasted entertainer - I haven't filled in quite all the blanks on those, there may be a couple more that i can try and predict, given the game's tendancy to place workers on the most food space closest to the city square.

Anyway, I'm expecting the War and Trade ministers to have adjustment suggestions. Other suggestions accepted as well
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1888 cities.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	38677  
Old March 3, 2003, 16:58   #2
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Just wanted to say that I liked the idea of adding the city-size to the spreadsheet.

If I can make a request for the future ones, though; could you be a little more generous with the abbreviations? Some of them have me baffled.

Thanking you in advance...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old March 3, 2003, 19:37   #3
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
Just wanted to say that I liked the idea of adding the city-size to the spreadsheet.

If I can make a request for the future ones, though; could you be a little more generous with the abbreviations? Some of them have me baffled.
Ah, i did miss a couple , like hbr and Har both for harbor, and also did some truncating in a couple cases. Guess thats what i get trying to finish before 2am

for Amazon Island, rush 2nd means let build 1 turn before rushing - saves about 168 gold.

Col = colosseum
Cos=Coastal Fortress, meant to change to CF at one point
Tra = Transport
CW = City Walls
Mrk =marketplace
Fty = Factory
OSP = Off Shore Platform
Sew = Sewer System
inc = increment, or partially rush (sometimes called tickling)

for= forest
sea= ocean
buff=buffalo
shd grass = i need a better abreviation for shielded grassland
Phe = pheasant

let me know if there are any others i missed that don't immediately make sense

Also, feel free to comment on choices. Like i said in the initial post, I'm proposing quite a bit of rushing, some of which certainly can be put off - most of the rushing is for getting smaller cities to grow or to get cities able to commit to the Space Program.

Also, I haven't posted a poll on using freight towards SS parts, partly because there have been several posts encouraging this.
Also, the poll a while back indicated building the Space Ship should venture between the Science Minster and the City planner, but dictating where the freight goes is the Trade Minister's primary responsibility.

In effect, not sure where the jurisdiction lies, if there are any dissenting views, I don't remember reading any against using freight for speeding the Space Ship.
Old March 3, 2003, 20:54   #4
cavebear
Emperor

Cos and Tra were the ones that had *me* wondering.

Just a thought. The cells in your spreadsheet can hold a few more letters...

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old March 5, 2003, 21:07   #5
cavebear
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SCG
Also, the poll a while back indicated building the Space Ship should venture between the Science Minster and the City planner, but dictating where the freight goes is the Trade Minister's primary responsibility.

In effect, not sure where the jurisdiction lies, if there are any dissenting views, I don't remember reading any against using freight for speeding the Space Ship.
I think that when the City-Planner is building Freight for sole the purpose of assisting SS construction in other cities, the management of those Freight is best left to the City-Planner. The building of specific SS parts is a very precise process; too many of one type is nearly as bad as too few.

I presume the City-Planner knows the ratios of the best SS options.

Any Freight built for the purpose of Trade, though, should remain with the Trade Minister, and he should be advised of those that need delivery planning.

Old March 5, 2003, 21:26   #6
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

bg or bgrass for 'bonus' grassland.

Just a suggestion.
Old March 7, 2003, 00:24   #7
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

what do you think about researching laser first, before plastics? It would delay the chance to build components for another two turns and allow us to build SDI defense. would you build SDI if it becomes available?
Old March 7, 2003, 01:01   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Are we at risk ATM? Will we be by the time we have Fusion?

These are all stupid questions I wouldn't need to ask if I could see the save.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 7, 2003, 06:31   #9
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Like in all democracies the people only know what the government wish to tell us

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old March 7, 2003, 23:06   #10
SCG
King

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
what do you think about researching laser first, before plastics? It would delay the chance to build components for another two turns and allow us to build SDI defense. would you build SDI if it becomes available?
I think that would have to be a subject for a poll I personally would look to build it in certain key cities (capitol, seville, Cordoba, Avila), probably at least a couple in Greater Naples (Quinsay, Naples and Kazan are all options), maybe Cremona and Cartenna, maybe freeport - basically start with cities that are supporting a large military or have wonders. Would have to see if that has support for that many, for more or for less.
Old March 8, 2003, 00:00   #11
cavebear
Emperor

Above all things - Guarantee the safety of the capitol after the SS is launched. Nothing else matters. Lose everything but that, and we win.