Old March 3, 2003, 12:31   #1
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 15:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We can build the Neural Amplifier, shall we?
(I'm semi-asking this as DIA, since SPs are a big internal affair, but really I'm just curious)

We can currently build two SPs: the Longetivity Vaccine, which is planned for New Apolyton, and the Neural Amplifier, which (to my knowledge) no one has asked to build yet.

Is the Neural Amp (300 mins, +50% to PSI defense for all units) worth building for it's own sake, or should we wait until we have time, just to prevent someone else from getting it?
Old March 3, 2003, 12:51   #2
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

I think the NA is a good one to possess - especially if we go Green and have mindworms as part of our army. However, there are others coming up in availability (esp the Cyborg Factory) that will be more valuable. Let's try to get it if we can coordinate its construction with other SP's that are of higher priority.
Old March 3, 2003, 13:44   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:49
As long as it isn't in Concordia.
I the Cyborg Factory though.
Old March 3, 2003, 17:31   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 17:49
after i complete a few more boreholes, UNPD or DEM may be able to give it a go. i'd have to check which one produces more minerals though, and i havn't seen the new save yet.
Old March 3, 2003, 19:27   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 13:49
The Twin Sea region is up for anything, New Suez has an unmatched industrial strength and we are committed to contributing to the overall defense of the faction through means other than unit build up.
Old March 3, 2003, 20:14   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

unmatched? not anymore, sorry to say
Old March 3, 2003, 20:27   #7
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Those young brats of Aurillion and Twin Sea are beginning to challenge the industrial supremacy of the old farts Centralis and Jedinica.
Old March 3, 2003, 20:43   #8
Method
Emperor

nah, at last check, i only had 3 boreholes! (last check=not recent save)

voltaire is just remembering back when crawling those 2 7mineral mines had him up at the top of the industry power-list (though i'm sure they still have him *near* the top)
Old March 3, 2003, 21:08   #9
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 21:49
Spare a thought for relatively new regions such as Akiria. The Neural Amp is a natural for this region , what with its National Park and all. I 'll have a look at which base in Akiria would benefit most from its installation.
Old March 3, 2003, 21:54   #10
Method
Emperor

wouldn't it be best to build it in the base with the highest mineral output? (provided they're not busy with something else)
Old March 3, 2003, 21:55   #11
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Spare a thought for relatively new regions such as Akiria. The Neural Amp is a natural for this region , what with its National Park and all. I 'll have a look at which base in Akiria would benefit most from its installation.
You can just copy paste my orders for the Xenoempathy Dome and probably have it in New Tassagrad in 5-7 turns
Old March 3, 2003, 22:09   #12
Method
Emperor

2264 report, UN bases in order of mineral production[list=1][*]44 Mins - Deus Ex Machina!!!! [*]40 Mins - New Apolyton[*]UN Pizza Delivery[*]New Suez[*]Tacticus Academy[*]Concordia[*]Terminal Dogma[*]Zanarkand Gate (worker changed to borehole...)[*]Sheathed Sword[*]New Tassagrad[*]Valhalla[*]ThisBaseIsBelongToUs[*]Pandemonium[*]Antioch[*]Xanadu (with a worker changed, to a borehole)[*]Mysidia[*]Aurora[*]Twin Peaks[*]Cyclops[*]Crystalis[*]Transcendance Academy[*]Metropolis[*]UN Research Complex[*]Ankh-Morpork[*]Heaven's Gate[*]Capricorn[*]Espirito del Aqua[*]Shangri-La[*]Egregion[*]Circular Quay[*]UN Marine Institute[*]UN Aquaxenobanana[*]UN Slippery Ground[/list=1]

IOW, i'd be glad to build it in DEM

EDIT: from the no-peace save
Old March 3, 2003, 22:17   #13
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
2264 report, UN bases in order of mineral production[list=1][*]Deus Ex Machina!!!! [/list=1]

TKG! Good G-... *mutters to self, I will not say it in vain* ... 44 minerals/turn!?!? (easily upped to 46, mind you)

That "borehole" button has served you well, oh Holy Emperor!

... Now to get a JV base above 50 ... Hey, Maniac...
Old March 3, 2003, 22:21   #14
Method
Emperor

yes, that's doubled since i took over in 2249. DEM has moved up from 7th to 1st, and UNPD from 13th to 3rd

Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
That "borehole" button has served you well, oh Holy Emperor!
you just wait until i install my "genejack factory" button

damn, that'll be hard to do. so beneficial, yet so hard to justify
Old March 3, 2003, 22:36   #15
Maniac

Bah! But Jedinica still has the biggest overall mineral production! I think...
Old March 3, 2003, 22:39   #16
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
yes, that's doubled since i took over in 2249. DEM has moved up from 7th to 1st, and UNPD from 13th to 3rd
*whistles low*

Quote:
you just wait until i install my "genejack factory" button

damn, that'll be hard to do. so beneficial, yet so hard to justify
Indeed... and I have no plans to port my "stealth borehole" button technology to unethical facilities.

Spoiler:
...but I suppose an easily reverse-engineerable prototype could accidentally find its way to the CIAC's doorstep...
Old March 4, 2003, 01:28   #17
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 13:49
New Suez not on the top anymore?!? We’ll see about that! (goes off to plan more boreholes)
Old March 4, 2003, 09:45   #18
Cedayon
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
New Suez not on the top anymore?!? We’ll see about that! (goes off to plan more boreholes)
I love what happens to Green supporters when they see the need for industrial improvement
Old March 5, 2003, 03:46   #19
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Indeed A pity they aren't all like that