Old March 4, 2003, 22:31   #1
Amesjustin
NationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 13:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Submarine Titans
Anyone heard of this? Is it any good? Looks like it might be interesting. I just bid on it on eBay for $5 and was wondering if anyone has even heard of it.....
Old March 5, 2003, 12:07   #2
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 21:58
Why are you bidding on a game you never heard of
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 5, 2003, 12:16   #3
Amesjustin
Warlord

I saw it once in the store - thought it looked cool but did not have the $$ for it. That was 2 years ago and I have not seen it since until now. Besides - $5 who cares?
Old March 5, 2003, 17:09   #4
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:58
This game sounds well worth 5 bucks. I may have to try to pick up a copy of this.

http://www.intelligamer.com/strategy.../subtitans.asp
Old March 5, 2003, 17:16   #5
Amesjustin
Warlord

thanks for the link!
Old March 25, 2003, 17:57   #6
Amesjustin
Warlord

Well, there is some good and some bad. If you like StarCraft, you might like this. It is pretty fun, although it falls a bit flat. Innovative, though.

It feels like they had some great ideas but were rushed. Like Civ3 was initially.

The good news is it does have decent map and scenario editor, and best of all the game has open source code - even more open than CTP2!

If you like Starcraft, or enjoy reprogramming games, I would definitely recommend it.

One drawback is the official site is gone now. www.SubTitans.com is dead. Apparently so is the developer - Ellipse studios. Strategy First (the publisher) is still around, but all links to Submarine Titans are dead. Same is true for the distributor - the dreaded Infogrames. It looks like there were 2 patches issued for this game in late 2000.All the sites google pulled up on the patch had dead links back to SubTitans.com.

In other words, it has no support.