Old March 5, 2003, 18:06   #1
Dr Shot
Settler

Local Time: 21:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
what, me worry?
True to(rookie) form, I'm lost. I'm sure there is a nice chap out there more than willing to guide me throughout my troubles...
I remember when I first gazed through the Apolyton forums I noticed different folks had different titles,settlers, chief, and so on... Now I cannot find where the info is on the progression. Sure it's a joy settle'n but I'm sure there is so much more out there for me

Thanks guys
Old March 5, 2003, 18:11   #2
Dr Shot
Settler

Hey, whilst my bag ' O ' questions is out...

what are the Ban smiles about?(you guessed it , I'm not computer guy{as evident by my lousy grammer and spelling}, yet I'll stay at it till I stop,hmmm.).
Thanks again
Old March 5, 2003, 18:12   #3
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:02
-Settler 1-30
-Chieftain 31-100
-Warlord 101-300
-Prince 301-1000
-King 1001-3000
-Emperor 3001-10000
-Deity 10001+

*Stolen from the archives of the Community Forum*
Old March 5, 2003, 18:14   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

The number after the "titles" is the post count. So when you get 31 posts under your belt, you will be a chieftain. I hope this helps answer you question.
Old March 5, 2003, 18:21   #5
Dr Shot
Settler

Thank you, that was what I was a searchin' for.
So was it clever of you to use two replies to my question(har har)?
thanks wittlitch...
Old March 5, 2003, 21:33   #6
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

You are right, I really should have just edited my first post (which I try to do - honest! ). But after posting my first post, I surfed the other threads then came back to this one and realized that I didn't indicate what the numbers meant....yes, blame it on laziness - it was easier to post a quick reply instead of editing my original post.

Ok, back to the topic at hand .... oh wait, this was the topic.

EDIT: By the way, no thanks needed...I'm glad I could help you out.

See! I do edit my posts.
Old March 5, 2003, 21:54   #7
Switch
Prince

Local Time: 16:02
And, adding on to the post, isn't 500 the mark of a custom avatar? I just reached it, and I do believe I can have one of my own now....hmm, whatever shall I use?

As to the ban smilies, I too would have to voice my ignorance to that one. Could some of the more knowledgable posters inform us?
Old March 5, 2003, 22:24   #8
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Instead of typing: "I don't want to be banned" - or a facimile there of, you have the option of using the banned smiley.

Instead of typing: "let me free/unban so and so" you can use the unbanned smiley....and so forth

They are just more options you can use to show your feelings/concerns/fears/hopes/sarcasms/etc... on your posts.

If anybody else has a better explaination - go for it.
Old March 6, 2003, 00:07   #9
BigDork
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Instead of typing: "I don't want to be banned" - or a facimile there of, you have the option of using the banned smiley.
Okay so what do you mean by banned? Banned from the sight? Banned from a thread?

BigD

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?
Old March 6, 2003, 02:23   #10
Jahi
Warlord

Local Time: 15:02
500 posts seems like forever away..
Old March 6, 2003, 02:57   #11
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Jahi
Yes it was, but I still remember it.

And no this is not a spam, after you get to Emperor, it is no longer a concern.
Old March 6, 2003, 05:41   #12
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 22:02
What if you get banned after reaching the 500 milestone? Will you lose the chance of creating an avatar?
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old March 6, 2003, 12:46   #13
minke19104
Warlord

10000??

Any Dieties around?
Old March 6, 2003, 14:34   #14
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

Ming is, but it's also possible that his Deity-ship is simply a function of his status. I don't know of any non-official Deities.
Old March 6, 2003, 18:40   #15
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Actually, Alexander's Horse is also a Deity.
Old March 6, 2003, 19:18   #16
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jahi
It does, doesn't it? I just don't have that much to say.
Old March 6, 2003, 20:50   #17
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArsenal

It does, doesn't it? I just don't have that much to say.
Look at it this way: Once you make the title of "Prince/Princess" you are only a couple hundred posts away from your customized Avatar. This also give you the time to work on your "perfect" image of you.
Old March 7, 2003, 12:11   #18
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
Example of using a "ban" smilie:

- I want to be able to set up a basketball match using my lazy workers in Civ3!!!

Actually, I don't want that, but you got the idea...
Old March 7, 2003, 13:28   #19
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Good example Alex!
Old March 7, 2003, 13:39   #20
Dr Shot
Settler

Over the Ages most all of you have been quite helpful. I have received many different tones of response,for these you have my gratitude.
The ban example is surely unique;how about 'Midnight Basketball ' for the slave workers so as to keep them off the streets at night?
Thanks even more for your support {hope this is not overkill,yet it say a lot}
Old March 7, 2003, 13:46   #21
Dr Shot
Settler

Thats from the 'unworthy band of Idiots'...
(Just in case it was unclear)
Old March 8, 2003, 00:21   #22
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

Instead of typing: "let me free/unban so and so" you can use the unbanned smiley....and so forth

They are just more options you can use to show your feelings/concerns/fears/hopes/sarcasms/etc... on your posts.

If anybody else has a better explaination - go for it.
If you are banned, how can you actually post this??

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old March 8, 2003, 13:11   #23
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

That's why I typed "let me free" - Free in what ever sense. Then followed it with "unban so and so" - Asking that a another person be unbanned.
Old March 15, 2003, 11:56   #24
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

A lot of "Deity"'s on this board got their titles when spamming in the OT forum used to count for posts