Old March 6, 2003, 00:05   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What now for the members of lux
Now that lux is eliminated we must face the question, What to do about their members.
Aggie
Old March 6, 2003, 00:41   #2
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 17:03
banish them to the SPDG!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old March 6, 2003, 01:12   #3
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Well, I believe the general agreement was that refugees could join new teams, if the the new teams would have them. Is that still the idea?
Old March 6, 2003, 01:43   #4
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Feed them to the Ithkul
Old March 6, 2003, 01:50   #5
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:03
I'll join any team that wants me on it. I don't really have any preferences.
Old March 6, 2003, 08:12   #6
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 23:03
Me too. My first choice would be Legoland though
Old March 6, 2003, 09:04   #7
Louis XV.
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Settler

Local Time: 21:03
I think we didn't came to an agreement, wasn't it so?

The main problem is still: Lux members have information about the other teams (location of cities, army-strength, aso.) of their continent which the rest of the teams don't have.

This is not only a problem with Lux, it will reappear when a second team gets wiped out. But it is perhaps more important at this time, because the world (and thus the locations of other teams) is not very well known.
Old March 6, 2003, 09:23   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'd like to trust Lux's members to be honest and not reveal any intelligence that their team possessed, but it's impossible to ask a person to simply forget the last few months. Even if he is honest and does not cheat, his actions and recommendations may still reflect some of the confidential information that he knows.
What if we set a standard period of time, e.g. 30 days, from the moment that a civ is eliminated until its members may join other teams? That way, the information that members of eliminated teams hold would be less valuable by the time they join their new team. During this "cooling period", members of the eliminated team will not be allowed to make any contact (official or not) with other players regarding membership and vice versa.
What do you think?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 6, 2003, 09:37   #9
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A cooling off period certainly sounds wise.

We certainly dont want to lose these people from the game forever though. A month maybe too long.
Old March 6, 2003, 09:44   #10
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Legoland doesn't have an official policy yet but most probably we will accept a few ex-Lux members (should they desire it, that is).

If any of you, Luxes, want to join Legoland, please post your wish in the Legoland thread. We will decide about the acceptance on a case-by-case basis.

The cooling period thing sounds good, but a month seems indeed too much. Maybe 2 weeks?
--Woody Allen
Old March 6, 2003, 09:58   #11
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
A cooling off period certainly sounds wise.

We certainly dont want to lose these people from the game forever though. A month maybe too long.
A month may be long, but in my opinion it is absolutely necessary.
I don't want to see this game lose so many good people either, but I think it's better if they joined the other teams in an orderly and respectable manner rather than be a constant target for suspicion and be considered possible spies by some people.

Anyway, a month is bearable. In the mean time, the members of Lux could concentrate more on the ISDG, for instance, in order to kill time. School work would do too.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 6, 2003, 10:15   #12
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Louis XV.
The main problem is still: Lux members have information about the other teams (location of cities, army-strength, aso.) of their continent which the rest of the teams don't have.
Why exactly is this a 'problem'?

I can give any information about the game to anyone I like.

I could also have done that before my Civ was eliminated.

A certain Civ has just given me a reason to do so...
Old March 6, 2003, 11:14   #13
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

I'm speaking here for myself not for my team but i'd have no problem with Lux members joining any team they like including ND. The problem with ND could be however that we are already a rather large team and that in our privat Forum german is the common language. I think it would not be a good idea to have a privat forum here for one or two members of lux that decided to be Neu Demogypter now. So if there are members of lux who want to become members of our team they would have to read and write in german to have fun.
Old March 6, 2003, 11:25   #14
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

A cooling off period is definitely necessary and 30 days is definitely appropriate. During this period, the members can decide on which teams they would prefer, and the teams can vote on their membership. That way on day 30, new member can be quickly incorporated.
Old March 6, 2003, 11:39   #15
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

I would be more in favor of a two-week cooling off period. If the worry is that Luxians will be carrying information to their new teams, as BFM said, they could very well do that anyway. Better to have them on a new team where they can focus their energy and thought on being part of a new group, rather than being left out in the cold to stew, which would probably make them more likely to blab. Just my two-cents on the matter...
Old March 6, 2003, 11:51   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I think a week would work. We could call it "Rush Week" with all the prospective Lux pledges to the various other teams having to go through hazing rituals.
Old March 6, 2003, 11:55   #17
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

A week is how much, 5 turns? Is that enough to cool down? Maybe, but I would favor two weeks, though.
Old March 6, 2003, 12:09   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Maybe we could have a pledge week and then a rush week.

Just got the save and there's a gap where Lux used to be. Ironically the gap seperates Lego from the rest of us. Their the one civ that refuses to have contact with the rest of the teams and even in the launch screen they are standoffish!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	luxfree.gif
Views:	94
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	39021  
Old March 6, 2003, 12:14   #19
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Refuses to have contact? An explanation of this would be nice please
Old March 6, 2003, 12:20   #20
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 21:03
I am in the same boat with BFM. In RL, what is the first thing done with POW's or defectors of high bearing? They are grilled for information. When Germany was defeated in WWII, the remaining leadership that was "captured" was questioned as to their knowledge of Troops, movement and equiptment of the other Allied forces. Knowledge is always exchanged at the conclusion of a conflict.

I don't think a waiting period is needed.

Additionally, although this will probably not be liked, I don't think that any former Luxians should be able to go to Legoland, as no one has contact with them in the game. If some one (anyone for that matter) had contact, then I think they should be able to go there.
Old March 6, 2003, 12:24   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by redstar1
Refuses to have contact? An explanation of this would be nice please
How many civs does Lego have in game contact with?

Hmm, how many was that again?
Old March 6, 2003, 12:49   #22
ZargonX
Emperor

Quote:
How many civs does Lego have in game contact with?
Now surely you aren't holding us personally responsible for our starting position...
Old March 6, 2003, 13:03   #23
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I see no reason for a cooling off period, let them go where they desire immediately. Yes they have information, but that is part of the game and in fact makes the game more interesting. For those concerned, as a matter of fact it would probably take a few days at least for them to apply and be accepted by other teams so there is a natural"cooling of period".
Aggie
Old March 6, 2003, 14:45   #24
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:03
No "cooling off " period. They have information, we all have information, people secretly trade and exchange information all the time, with civs on and off their continent. What they can tell us will be helpful, but not game unbalancing, as their knowledge is 2nd-hand knowledge, opinions, and conjecture about other teams. What will be most amusing is to hear what they "know" about your team, and discover how much of a mix of truth and fiction it is.

My team's activity level has dropped off considerably with the ISDG and MoO3's recent release so there is room here for maybe 1 - 2 more people, but I don't want to get in the way of the smaller teams who need active players. If you're not sure who to join, pick a small team. If you really like our concept, send me a PM and my team will consider you.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 6, 2003, 15:07   #25
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

no cooling off period
Old March 6, 2003, 15:55   #26
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

I would like to join another team soon, if at all possible. If joined another team I would make a promise to myself that I would stay away from revealing info they might not otherwise know (i.e. maps/deals involving other teams, etc.) and focus on short term planning stuff for the time being.

Btw, I Just Signed up to join Roleplay.

Last edited by CiverDan; March 6, 2003 at 16:04.
Old March 6, 2003, 16:09   #27
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 13:03
I agree with a cooling off period.
Old March 6, 2003, 16:11   #28
Shiber
Emperor

CiverDan, I didn't propose this because I suspected you, or any other member of Lux Invicta, would reveal otherwise unknown information. I don't suspect that anyone is going to cheat. I thought that it would actually benefit the members of Lux Invicta, which would otherwise be considered as potential spies by many. Besides, I thought that regulating this process would create more order.
That is my opinion, anyway.

I see that you've already applied to RP. I wish you good luck!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 6, 2003, 16:17   #29
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

No cooling off period. If a team wants to let in Lux refugees right now, that works; if they want to wait, that works, too. It should be up to them.

Oh, and I've put in my application with GS.
Old March 6, 2003, 16:58   #30
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

BTW

Vox is hiring as well

Jon Miller