Old March 6, 2003, 19:45   #1
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
AAR for Lux?
With all the talk about Luxians immigrating to other teams, and the possible intelligence those teams will be getting, it sruprises me that I have yet to see the first Luxian AAR (After Action Report). Now that they are out of the game, why don't they claim a thread as their own (No trash talking by others!), in which they give their version of history? If only Luxians comment on what has happened, it would make like an interesting read... they can do the whole thing, with screenshots of crucial moments, things they liked of how they played, things they realized they did wrong, etc.

All this information is going to be available to any team 'adopting' a Luxian, so why not make it public, as part of the history of the PTWDG?

DeepO
Old March 6, 2003, 19:47   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:06
Now there is a good idea.
Old March 6, 2003, 19:57   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 16:06
Old March 6, 2003, 20:01   #4
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
It would be a great read
Old March 6, 2003, 21:50   #5
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:06
Let's just use this thread for that, that way we don't further clog up an already heavily used 'Poly.

E_T
Old March 7, 2003, 04:34   #6
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

I cannot wait to know who was right in our internal conversations when we tried to figure what was happening Let's hear Lux's story!
Old March 7, 2003, 04:49   #7
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

2 comments:
- where is Lux to comment on the idea?
- everybody has to stay out of their discussion, the moment this evolves in a trash talk thread, there won't be any fun for Lux to post their AAR.

DeepO
Old March 7, 2003, 05:33   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Yeah... I'd love to know whether I or other people were right about some things...
Old March 7, 2003, 05:59   #9
bigfree1

I say that Lux should all let you suffer in ignorance.

You all sound like a bunch of gossip vultures. Lux is dead; so should be their secrets.

Old March 7, 2003, 06:15   #10
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 22:06
Some people are bad losers.
Old March 7, 2003, 06:54   #11
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by bigfree1
I say that Lux should all let you suffer in ignorance.

You all sound like a bunch of gossip vultures. Lux is dead; so should be their secrets.
We are giving you the chance to explain your version of the facts and you call us vultures? I hope other former luxans disagree with you. Otherwise ND could come here and tell the story for you
Old March 7, 2003, 07:55   #12
DeepO
Emperor

Again you're missing the point, bf1. My intention was to create a calm place where Lux can tell whatever it wants, tell their history without any other comments from teams that 'won' relative to them, so that they can reflect on what happened, and move on. Every team has heared a lot of talk on the Lux situation from different sides, but most of it comes from teams who don't like Lux, or tried to eliminate them. This is your chance to settle a number of issues in which Lux was not properly represented, and you think it was proposed to gloat some more on Lux's early demise? Quite on the contrary, I would say.

Indeed, let's hope other members of Lux do see this as an opportunity, instead of another drag through the mud.

DeepO
Old March 7, 2003, 08:15   #13
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 21:06
Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
My intention was to create a calm place where Lux can tell whatever it wants, tell their history without any other comments from teams that 'won' relative to them,
I think is worth noting that in the spirit this thread was started none of the members of the teams that fought Lux have posted in this thread.
Old March 7, 2003, 09:25   #14
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

In my opinion it is far too early to reveal the details of lux-diplomacy! Let the secrets a few thousend years in the archives!!

Altough, it would be very interesting to learn some details of....
Old March 7, 2003, 11:36   #15
DeepO
Emperor

mav_son, any team taking a former Luxian will know the details anyway, that's not the point. I was trying to first of all provide a place were Luxians can have their say undisturbed, and second some way of making all Luxian joining other teams a question of the Luxian wanting to stay in the game, and not of the team needing intelligence and thus taking a Luxian just for the info he can provide.

BTW, Is Trip going to join ND? He sounds like the logical guy for you

DeepO
Old March 7, 2003, 11:36   #16
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

wouldnt GoW and RP not want us to reveal certain things we know about that NDE shouldnt know?
Old March 7, 2003, 11:53   #17
DeepO
Emperor

Probably. But If GoW or RP are going to adopt a Luxian, it would be hypocritical of them not to let ND have this same information available to them.

the same holds for other teams, if information is going to get distributed anyway, it is only fair that is (at least partially) done publicly, so that all teams can benefit from it.

Plus, the focus will be different: if nobody of another team is allowed to comment, or ask questions, only information that Lux finds important is desiminated, and not what another team wants to know.

I can't say speak for the Lux team, but if GS would somehow exit this game, you can be sure there will be multiple AARs, at least one of them written by me. And the discussion and analysis of GS team members should lead to generally new insights in the game... Plus, no way I would do it for the other teams, let them rot in hell if they eliminated me, but purely for myself an AAR makes perfect sense.

DeepO
Old March 7, 2003, 11:55   #18
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

I dont think you got my lil joke.
Old March 7, 2003, 11:57   #19
DeepO
Emperor

maybe... I'm not English speaking after all. But it did address a valid point, so my optinion still stands

Oh, when will people learn that in a multi-lingual environment, jokes are required to at least include one smiley?!

DeepO
Old March 7, 2003, 12:02   #20
Zero
King

No you have to be in our continent to get it ( i think)

I had the winking face.
Old March 7, 2003, 13:05   #21
DeepO
Emperor

So... I couldn't get it anyway

and sorry about the , I didn't notice it before... I guess I was (again) not paying too much attention

DeepO
Old March 7, 2003, 13:21   #22
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

None of Lux's history was recorded, so this is really a moot issue.
Old March 7, 2003, 14:05   #23
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
None of Lux's history was recorded, so this is really a moot issue.
I am deeply disapointed...
Old March 7, 2003, 14:07   #24
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by [DG]mav_son
I am deeply disapointed...
Sorry to hear that.
Old March 7, 2003, 14:20   #25
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Sorry to hear that.
Ehmm.... Allready applied Your membership?

http://www.civ2-forum.gamigo.de/show...&threadid=8095

We want aaaaaaallllll the details!!
Old March 7, 2003, 14:22   #26
bigfree1

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
Again you're missing the point, bf1. My intention was to create a calm place where Lux can tell whatever it wants, tell their history without any other comments from teams that 'won' relative to them, so that they can reflect on what happened, and move on. Every team has heared a lot of talk on the Lux situation from different sides, but most of it comes from teams who don't like Lux, or tried to eliminate them. This is your chance to settle a number of issues in which Lux was not properly represented, and you think it was proposed to gloat some more on Lux's early demise? Quite on the contrary, I would say.

Indeed, let's hope other members of Lux do see this as an opportunity, instead of another drag through the mud.

DeepO
I would suggest that if Lux were to submit any information on this matter it would still be subject to conjecture by everyone else, maybe not in this thread but somewhere else.

I know you are not suggesting that if Lux 'came clean' with all the details that everyone else would accept that as gospel.

So what we be the point of Lux putting 'their side' of the story our if at a later time and place others will simply rip into the parts that they don't agree with. This is why I say 'vultures'. The point will not be dropped if Lux attempts to explain the sequence of events, it will only incite further discussion and will follow with discord aginst the other team members(of Lux) who may or may not be applying for membership into another team.

There's no good that can come out of it for Lux or it's members; only bad. So stay away you Vultures!

Old March 7, 2003, 16:09   #27
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 13:06
I DEMAND THE LUXIANS RELATE ANY AND ALL HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS TO THE TEAMS!!!!

Old March 7, 2003, 16:09   #28
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

at least make something up if you have no records....
Old March 7, 2003, 16:27   #29
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

It is clear that Bigfree1 isn't understanding what we are after.

Please, Bigfree, goto the strat forum and look up any thread that starts with AU. Although I am not an active particpant in Apolytonian University games, I do read the thread. If you go and read (and actually listen to what they have to say) you will learn alot in a short amount of time.
Old March 7, 2003, 17:04   #30
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

DeepO, I appreciate this thread. As we are all beginners at Civ3 MP, we have much to learn, and we should learn it before we contact others in the ISDG.

Last edited by realpolitic; March 7, 2003 at 17:17.