Old March 7, 2003, 10:26   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 15:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Term X nomination thread.
Disclaimer: These elections may or may not take place depending on any number of circumstances revolving around the current Presidency and the lack of ISP connection for some of them

We must prepare even if not needed. Nominations for Term X

President

• MrWhereItsAt
  • GeneralTacticus
  • UnOrthOdOx
  • Aro

SMC

• Aggie
  • mrmitchell

FAM

• Shiber
  • Togas

DM

• Panag
  • Aidun

RUNNING ONE MILE A DAY FOR TEN WEEKS

• OPD
  • Manya

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 12, 2003 at 02:34.
Old March 7, 2003, 10:35   #2
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:10
I would like to publically announce that I will be running for one mile a day for the next ten weeks.
Old March 7, 2003, 10:43   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:10
I would like to support OPD in his run for one mile a day...

And I would like to nominate the entire term 3 for those jobs above.

I don't know how you'll manage this, folks... IIRC, the offices aren't the same...
Old March 7, 2003, 10:46   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
I don't know how you'll manage this, folks... IIRC, the offices aren't the same...
We'll MAKE them the same...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 7, 2003, 10:53   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:10
If the con allows, I'll be running for FAM again this term. Otherwise, I'd like to be a Regional Governor next term.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 7, 2003, 20:48   #6
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I'd rather be judge if that is possible. But if you need me as DM, just call me up.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 7, 2003, 20:51   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 17:10
I'll be an official spectator.
Old March 7, 2003, 21:06   #8
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Locked up? Why Trip?

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 7, 2003, 21:07   #9
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 17:10
Because I couldn't win anything if I ran anyways.
Old March 7, 2003, 21:50   #10
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:10
I am running for Foreign Affairs Minister. If elected, I'll resign from The Court. If not, I'd like to remain. I will abstain from all election related issues. I will also ask another Judge to post the election polls for this election.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 7, 2003, 23:09   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Self-nomination for...

PRESIDENT!

Let's get this going.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 8, 2003, 01:43   #12
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:10
Why I hearby self nominate my self for SMC, though just to warn everybody I will be gone until thursday, but I think my record speaks for itself.
Aggie
Old March 8, 2003, 14:58   #13
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

put panag up for defense and science

have a nice day
Old March 8, 2003, 19:15   #14
Manya
Civilization III Democracy GameSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
King

Local Time: 18:10
I'll like to ran for one mile a day for ten weeks
Old March 10, 2003, 11:38   #15
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

I'd like to nominate myself for SMC of Apolytonia although I'm pretty much clueless about the recent state of Apolytonia. If you got a problem with that, you can take it to the Army once I'm elected.
Old March 10, 2003, 11:50   #16
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

By the way, I forgot to mention that I am also running for President, FAM, DM ( ), and Supreme Dictator.

---

I nominate Sid Meier for DM too.
Old March 10, 2003, 11:53   #17
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

, panag wants to run for DM also

have a nice day
Old March 10, 2003, 13:32   #18
mrmitchell
King

panag, thank you for running, I was getting worried there that someone might actually call my bluff and expect me to DM for the next term

(I still am running however, if the DG as a whole decides to test me. )

Then again, why do I need to be elected if I'm going to be Supreme Dictator? I can always inaugurate myself into office, can't I?...
Old March 10, 2003, 13:51   #19
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Under the NewCon, you can only run for one position at a time, so panag and mrmitchell, you each have to choose one.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 10, 2003, 14:58   #20
mrmitchell
King

Oh yeah. Damn. Well, if this is a term 3 repeat...

Well, I guess SMC then. My original selection.

I, mrmitchell, hereby announce that I am running solely for SMC.
Old March 10, 2003, 20:51   #21
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Under the NewCon, you can only run for one position at a time, so panag and mrmitchell, you each have to choose one.

hi ,

since there are more jobs then people , we might want to change that , ......

have a nice day
Old March 10, 2003, 21:26   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Panag,

While I agree in principle, there is no lack of people for this term which will be the last barring something going wrong with the vote.

Look, there is a Pres candidat, 2 FAM, and 3 SMC candidates already. There is only one more full day of nominations available, sure you don't want to change from SMC to Domestic Minister (the only position uncontested as of right now...)?

Let's get this over then write up a different set of rules for the next game based on the lessons we have learned here, huh?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 10, 2003, 21:29   #23
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Panag,

While I agree in principle, there is no lack of people for this term which will be the last barring something going wrong with the vote.

Look, there is a Pres candidat, 2 FAM, and 3 SMC candidates already. There is only one more full day of nominations available, sure you don't want to change from SMC to Domestic Minister (the only position uncontested as of right now...)?

Let's get this over then write up a different set of rules for the next game based on the lessons we have learned here, huh?
hi ,

panag goes for DM

have a nice day
Old March 11, 2003, 07:05   #24
Aidun
Emperor

Current DM Aidun nominates himself to run against Panag.

Comment: "I hoped that the day would come once that we get exciting DM elections."

Aidun
Old March 11, 2003, 07:41   #25
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:10
Oi you lot! Do you really want me to run unopposed for President? Surely someone wants to force me to actually, I dunno, campaign or something? This would be a helluva way to end - become President for but a few turns and be the one to win the game for us. Let's see those who want the glory to put their hands up!

Unopposed elections = dull and tedious. Let's put some fun into it! Time for those splinter groups and believers of ARE to step forward and we have one last epic battle at the polls.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 11, 2003, 07:51   #26
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:10
Alrighty then - I fully expect to lose, but I'll put myself forward as the competition.
Old March 11, 2003, 08:05   #27
Aidun
Emperor

Arnelos for President!, Aro for President. The most popular guys of the last terms should run against MWIA. That would be fun.

I'll PM them both.

Aidun
Old March 11, 2003, 08:12   #28
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Carefull what you ask for MWIA. . .

Perhaps it is time I stop being the back up?...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 11, 2003, 14:36   #29
mrmitchell
King

I think the old fogies are up to no good...
Old March 11, 2003, 15:56   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

/me grows tired of hearing of always being #2

I hereby announce my candidacy for President.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby