Old March 7, 2003, 15:17   #1
bigfree1

MP Bug for 1.21f
I seem to remenber having this problem sometimes in 1.14f also:

In the MP set-up screen I've had where some players have decided to leave the game after making it there and then decided they didn't want to play according to some rule or what have you (it really doesn't matter).

Then for some reason I can hear two different audio tracks playing at the same time. Sometimes I hear the normal game set-up audio track being played at the same time of the track that plays when you reach the Industrial Age. That's the one I hear mostly, but sometimes in the past (with 1.14f) I'd hear the one that palys when you reach the Middle Age (along with the normal set-up track at the same time).

The game is locked up at this point (when you hear both tracks); task manager is needed to quit the game.

I'm not so sure that Firaxis isn't putting more resources into developing Civ 4 or other games than they are to fixing this one. MP is the main reason I bought PTW, I hope they can "read' this and get a solution for these MP problems that people are still having.

I've been a dedicated fan of the Civilization series for quite some time now; I'm not sure that my allegiance won't change in the future based upon the level of supoort this game gets right now.

Old March 7, 2003, 18:07   #2
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 16:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What sound card do you have? What OS? What version of DirectX? Are your sound card drivers up to date?
Old March 7, 2003, 20:43   #3
bigfree1

Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
What sound card do you have? What OS? What version of DirectX? Are your sound card drivers up to date?
My stuff is up to date. This is the only problem I have with any sound in any game.

WinXP
SBLive mp3+5.1 (up to date)
DirectX 9.0

I've ran all the tests for sound and come up empty.
Thanks for trying to help.