Old March 9, 2003, 07:29   #1
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
2nd and 3rd planets
What is the most important things to do with them? And what do you do with the home planet once they are capable of building something?

This is the critical part of most 4x games. It will determine much of the rest of the game. What do you shoot for with MoO3?
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2003, 07:40   #2
Noone
Settler

Local Time: 21:19
Well i think it really depends on what they are, if they are Very rich planets i think it's natural that they will become a major part of your mining/industy. If they are mineral poor i usually make them research colonies. Although a couple of games ive colonised some inbetween worlds 2nd and 3rd and they never became really usefull, although i should be able to fix that with time
Noone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2003, 21:00   #3
Anglophile
Settler

Local Time: 16:19
My second and third planets are the first two size 6+ rich/very rich planets that I find and I build mostly mines and industry DEAs, with just enough bioharvesting to keep them alive long enough to find a large, poor, arable+ planet to allow them to grow longer term. You really need those two planets in the starting system or one star lane away. They will be, as you say, the industrial base of your empire for a long time and early ships are very slow so if you don't find your second/ third sites for 10+ turns, then take another 10+ turns to get a colony ship there (especially for the first colonization), you will be lagging well behind on the development curve. That is also why I always build a system colony or starship colony first (depending on whether there is a second prime site in my home system).
Old March 9, 2003, 22:13   #4
Crostoneman
Chieftain

The third world would always have some sort of mad dictator for a viceroy. I had to spend an excruciating time checking on him every five minutes to see him creating a massive industry base which hordes all the minerals in my empire so he could build weapons of mass destruction. This severly limits my development plans because usaully I had to garrison it with half of all my military might just to keep him in line.
Crostoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2003, 22:42   #5
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:19
I suspect that having some solid planets in the home systems is very important. It will be less stressful (read unrest) if the systems are close. I want them to have large numbers of regions.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2003, 09:36   #6
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Quote:
The third world would always have some sort of mad dictator for a viceroy. I had to spend an excruciating time checking on him every five minutes to see him creating a massive industry base which hordes all the minerals in my empire so he could build weapons of mass destruction. This severly limits my development plans because usaully I had to garrison it with half of all my military might just to keep him in line.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2003, 14:35   #7
Alex-C
Chieftain

Funny that, you wouldn't expect to see a mad dictator creating weapons of mass destruction in the third world.....

Arrrgh, satire!
Alex-C is offline   Reply With Quote