Old March 10, 2003, 17:10   #31
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Testicular injuries can kill. Dostoevsky's father was killed by having his testicles crushed.
While true, I am willing to bet far more women have died in childbirth than men have died by getting their nuts whacked/smashed/thumped/etc.
Old March 10, 2003, 17:44   #32
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
Considering that it's pretty much impossible for one person to get kicked in the balls and give birth, this issue is pretty difficult to debate. It's also difficult to debate because of the constant instinct to bring your hands protectively to the crotch.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old March 10, 2003, 17:52   #33
Switch
Prince

Local Time: 16:24
As Dissident pointed out earlier:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

this thread is making me cringe
I can almost feel the pain
Old March 10, 2003, 18:01   #34
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 15:24
There was a thread a while back about a scientist whose balls got burned by a hot laptop. Can't remember it though...
---
Quit giving me nightmares guys
Old March 10, 2003, 18:40   #35
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What does it matter which one is more painful?
Either way, your sex life will be over.
Old March 10, 2003, 19:00   #36
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Wonders if Skanky has a brother.
Old March 10, 2003, 19:11   #37
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

I think the women have us beat on this one.

From most of the men's comments, they have never truely been hit hard in the nuts if they think the pain passes quickly.

But women have labor even before the birth. My wife's lasted for about 8 hours before they decided to snip.
Even if they get an epidural during a c-section (my wife didn't feel anything during the actual delivery), the recovery is long and painful.
Old March 10, 2003, 19:17   #38
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 21:24
Quote:
Originally posted by rah
From most of the men's comments, they have never truely been hit hard in the nuts if they think the pain passes quickly.
Exactly. Just thinking about that puck gets me numb.

Spec.
Old March 10, 2003, 19:37   #39
GePap
Emperor

Spec: you say it took you 6 hours to recoer fully: my bet is that while still painful, the pain at 6 hours was nothign like the pain at H hour+1 minute. Labor, as it has bennpointed out, can take many hours: imagine 8 hours of the same level of pain (on average)...

No, I think giving birth wins..followed by Kidney stones..

And a Spinal fluid tap.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old March 10, 2003, 19:49   #40
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:24
Getting hit in the balls doesn't come close. Yeah, it hurts and it aches, but the bulk of the pain is over very quickly. Labour can last for hours on end, all the stretching and tearing and exertion must be sheer agony, and it doesn't end after the first push - oh no...hours and hours...damn.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old March 10, 2003, 19:57   #41
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 00:24
Quote:
Labour can last for hours on end, all the stretching and tearing and exertion must be sheer agony, and it doesn't end after the first push - oh no...hours and hours...damn.
Actually, mother nature in all her benevolence has made labor a tad easier than it sounds. It still is tremendous pain, but the nerve ending in the vaginal area are not intended to transmit pain, and the nervous system on the whole tries to sooth that pain as much as possible.

The testicles region is the complete opposite. It is intended to transmit pain in rediculously exaggerated amounts, in order to create a very strong protection mechanism of that area(You can hardly argue with that, THAT WORKS). just try slapping yourselves on the wrist and then on the balls, if you are a fan of applied science.

All in all, I would also nominate dental surgery without anesthetics, or an advanced dental desease.
Old March 10, 2003, 19:59   #42
Fitz
King

Local Time: 13:24
Spectator, after that Hockey Puck comment I started sympathy pangs.

As to giving birth ... well there aren't many things that make me say this, but this is the one that makes me glad I'm a guy.

Not that I would otherwise prefer to be a woman.
Old March 10, 2003, 20:50   #43
Tiamat
Apolyton Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

Actually, mother nature in all her benevolence has made labor a tad easier than it sounds. It still is tremendous pain, but the nerve ending in the vaginal area are not intended to transmit pain, and the nervous system on the whole tries to sooth that pain as much as possible.
Ok........no wait........ Ok.

May I ask on behalf of all women everywhere who have given birth, myself included with three children, may I ask just exactly how many watermelons you have tried to pass through one nostril in your life time? Because I can assure you that might begin to give you the tip of the iceberg for pain level. As well has having your vaginal area ripped if you don't get an epesiotmy in time. Not to mention as has been above the hours in labor.

Ahhhhh yes labor. My favorite thing to do on a Monday night. Your point about the vaginal area not having many nerves may be able to be proven scientifically but that isn't the problem. It doesn't get to the vaginal area until it has kicked your a$$ with searing pain in your back that makes you feel like you are going to split open for all the hours of labor. So now class do describe a labor pain..............take your bottom lip and pull it over the top of your head. That would be a labor pain. Me persoanlly I had two washclothes on my beside table that I ripped in half when a contraction hit. But NOOOOOOoooooOOOOOo there was no pain there because mother nature provided for it

If she did then I want a refund on my drugs from the hospital!! But wait......that would be the final point. You don't get them. No. It's a conspiracy. They tell you you will get them, your crawling on the table grabbing the nurse by the shirt screaming at her to get you drugs and they tell you there coming then......they hit you with. you can't have anything for the pain you're to far dialated. Yeah Good Times But there is no pain.........

And I'm not saying getting hit in the balls doesn't hurt and isn't horribly painful....but really. Equal? I think not.
You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran
Old March 10, 2003, 21:08   #44
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat

Ok........no wait........ Ok.

May I ask on behalf of all women everywhere who have given birth, myself included with three children, may I ask just exactly how many watermelons you have tried to pass through one nostril in your life time? Because I can assure you that might begin to give you the tip of the iceberg for pain level. As well has having your vaginal area ripped if you don't get an epesiotmy in time. Not to mention as has been above the hours in labor.
Watermelons through your nostril? A baby's head is not that big, and the vaginal aread is not that small. Try to use something realistic next time.

Like Carol Brunett said, "Take your bottom lip, and pull it over your head."

Now that is realistic.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 10, 2003, 21:18   #45
Tiamat
Apolyton Legend

I'm so sorry....do accept my apologies Let me put it for you in terms you may understand.

Disclaimer ~ Men if you love your penis and are faint at heart do not continue to read.

You take a cantalope and push that through the head of your penis... through the little teeny tiny hole at the top of your penis which is now expanding (hopefully so that they don't have to split it open with a scapel) and push that cantalope through that little teeny tiny hole.

There is that better? That should be closer to a baby's head. Can you understand and picture that
Old March 10, 2003, 21:35   #46
Spec
Emperor

Ok let me explain what I mean. I got hit by a hockey puck that was slapshoted at about 60-65 mph.

It happens in 6 stages.

First stage, you get hit by the puck, and what hurts is only the impact, you fall to the ground because, of course, you know what's comin to you.
Second, you feel it, the pain....the pain is growing, and growing and growing and you think it'll never stop, tears are comin out of your eyes and you aren't crying.
Three, now it hurts so much that you feel like throwing up. Even if someone was kicking you repeatedly you would't feel it cuz of the pain. Then you get numb...everywhere only....it still hurts like hell. this lasted 40 mins or so.
Stage 5, pain slowly goes away continuasly for the next 5 hours. Now you can walk.
Stage 6: Walk like an ass for 3 days.

Conclusion: Maybe labor for 20 hours can hurt a freakin whole lot but I think that the peek pain you get for those first 35 mins is just.......euuuuu....eeeee.......(I just can find a word that is strong enough) than what labor feels anytime during the process.

That's what I mean.

Spec.
Old March 10, 2003, 21:42   #47
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat
I'm so sorry....do accept my apologies Let me put it for you in terms you may understand.

Disclaimer ~ Men if you love your penis and are faint at heart do not continue to read.

You take a cantalope and push that through the head of your penis... through the little teeny tiny hole at the top of your penis which is now expanding (hopefully so that they don't have to split it open with a scapel) and push that cantalope through that little teeny tiny hole.

There is that better? That should be closer to a baby's head. Can you understand and picture that
Yeah, but geez, the hole size is a little different too. Maybe Squeeze a ping pong ball through that hole wouldbe closer dimensions.

Either way though, ping-pong ball or a cantaloupe would hurt WAAAAYYYYYY to much.

If men were the ones to have babies, we would be extinct.

ACK!

EDIT: Thought p-p ball was kind of redundant.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."

Last edited by Tuberski; March 10, 2003 at 22:16.
Old March 10, 2003, 22:03   #48
Peter North
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

The testicles region is the complete opposite. It is intended to transmit pain in rediculously exaggerated amounts, in order to create a very strong protection mechanism of that area(You can hardly argue with that, THAT WORKS). just try slapping yourselves on the wrist and then on the balls, if you are a fan of applied science.
He is right. I saw it on the discovery channel!
Old March 11, 2003, 04:23   #49
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

If a man gets a tortion(twisted testicle) then the pain might just approach what a womman goes through. My wife had a relativley straight forward labour but the baby was facing the wrong way round(not breach just facing backwards) she couldn't speak for the last 2 hours it so much.Its the pain in her back that was the worst, about 40 mins before he was borm my wife asked really patheticaly in between contractions is there any chance of some drugs, it was too late though.

My wife is no wimp and for her to ask for drugs means it was agony
Old March 11, 2003, 04:39   #50
Tiamat
Apolyton Legend

That was my point in my post. By the time drugs are mentioned it's to late.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:48   #51
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

I hope that some day science allows us to be kicked in the balls while giving birth.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:50   #52
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Took a well hit goal kick square in the nads from about 10 yards. The bastard I was marking dodged. I didn't have time. 10 minutes later I crawled to the touch line. 30 minutes later I coalesced into my car. About 24 hours later I almost felt OK.

If child birth is worse than that, I thank some higher power for my chromosomes.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:55   #53
TheStinger
King

My mate twisted his nuts getting out of the shower it was so bad he had to ask his mum to have a look
Old March 11, 2003, 04:55   #54
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 00:24
Tia, at the end of the day, we can only guess how much it hurts for the other guy.

Quote:
once again, an exaggerating comparison. a baby's head is larger than a cantaloupe, while that hole is much smaller than the vagina.

I think we can agree that while labour is painful for much longer, the pain of getting hit in the nuts HARD is much more concentrated and excrusiating, yet for a shorter time. deal?

I wonder how much more time will this thread last.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:55   #55
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

While true, I am willing to bet far more women have died in childbirth than men have died by getting their nuts whacked/smashed/thumped/etc.
Sure, but whats the ratio of men with crushed nuts to women with kids?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old March 11, 2003, 04:56   #56
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

I know someone who actually had to get operated on for testicle torsion...

You don't wanna know how he managed that.
Old March 11, 2003, 05:01   #57
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fitz
Spectator, after that Hockey Puck comment I started sympathy pangs.

As to giving birth ... well there aren't many things that make me say this, but this is the one that makes me glad I'm a guy.

Not that I would otherwise prefer to be a woman.
Fitz sighting!

Welcome back, guy!
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old March 11, 2003, 09:32   #58
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
I know someone who actually had to get operated on for testicle torsion...

You don't wanna know how he managed that.
I would, so that Tiamat could read it and maybe take ONE thing in consideration instead of her opinion only.

Spec.
Old March 11, 2003, 09:42   #59
TheStinger
King

I heard this from a stand up guy (Dominic Holland i think)

Any woman who says that child birth is the most painful thing you can experiance has obviously never got out of bed and stood on a plug.