Old March 11, 2003, 16:24   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 15:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Presidential Campaign thread.
Ok MrWIA, GeneralTacticus.

Lets get down to business.

Other Candidates, please follow suit with some campaign threads.

Public,

begin with the questions

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 11, 2003, 16:46   #2
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

To all Candidates:
Is it true that you are in a conspiracy to be elected and then throw away our Democratic Government while installing a Supreme Dictatorship?

To MWIA:
Is it true that you slept with an intern during both of your previous terms?
Old March 11, 2003, 18:34   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

While I am unaware of any such conspiracy to dethrone the Apolytonian Democratic System, my running for President is part of the original master plan code named 'Jungle Gazette'.

From the dawn of our civilization there has been at least one operative of the JG master plan in every administration throughout our history. It is in this way that the JG has influenced and directed the very history of Apolytonia. It is in this way that the plan can no longer fail, thus it can be revealed. If I do not win the election, I, and others, will remain as officials within the Government to ensure the plan JG will continue without fail.

The greater mission of JG is to take control of the planet by any means neccessary and in so doing become the sole provider of information to the entire planet. The UN vote is the most convenient option available to us at present. Should that fail, we can reason with the other nations Via force, or simply set our sites to the stars on a world free of the other forms of information.

Once the world has no other means of information than the JG, we will begin to put out nothing but pictures of MrWIA and...certain domestic animals...jk

In reguards to your question to MrWIA,

I can only comment on his first term as president. While I do not know of interns, I can tell you that there were many a French slave that were sent to his personal chambers, and I highly doubt the screaming was due to torture...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 11, 2003, 19:52   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
To all Candidates:
Is it true that you are in a conspiracy to be elected and then throw away our Democratic Government while installing a Supreme Dictatorship?
There can only be one Supreme Dictator by defintion, and since this is an election in which there are multiple candidates and any one may win, none of us can be a Supreme Dictator. Indeed this means that such a Dictator cannot logically exist.

And besides, the Supreme Dictator arising from this election will be the one more people voted for, making them the Peoples' Supreme Dictator.

Quote:
To MWIA:
Is it true that you slept with an intern during both of your previous terms?
And I continue to do so! I challenge any President to deny they have had their little "quirks". Arnelos has his own research lab, where he designs spaceships to act out his futuristic space battle fantasies, Aggie has his own miniature battlefield, where he orders retired Generals like Narmer around in reenactments of famous battles, using German prisoners as extras, and I..

Well, I have my interns. It's LONELY at the top.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 11, 2003, 21:24   #5
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:27
To all candidates: Do you have a VP Candidate?

If yes: who?

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 11, 2003, 22:08   #6
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

UnOrthOdOx, in response to your answers:

Sometimes information from an alternate universe, mysteriously referred to at times as "Real Life", leaks into our great system. One of the things that has slipped into Apolytonia is a book called 1984. I'm sure you've read it, it's one of the "RL" classic works of literature. Is it fair to say that this is analogous to the JG plan described in your reply?
Old March 11, 2003, 23:58   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:27
The real power in this term (if we need this term) will be the FAM. The Prez will just kiss little children and execute the orders from FAM and DM. The SMC without war is a little... well, it's a defensive office, no offense...
Btw, I'm running because I know I'll not win. But... If elected, I don't want to make any DM stuff. Do we have a deal?
Old March 12, 2003, 01:52   #8
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 13:27
You guys are great
Old March 12, 2003, 02:29   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
UnOrthOdOx, in response to your answers:

Sometimes information from an alternate universe, mysteriously referred to at times as "Real Life", leaks into our great system. One of the things that has slipped into Apolytonia is a book called 1984. I'm sure you've read it, it's one of the "RL" classic works of literature. Is it fair to say that this is analogous to the JG plan described in your reply?
This so called 'Real Life' is a term I am familiar with. However, I have not had the opportunity to read such a book as you describe, but if they are copying my plans, perhaps I should read it then...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 02:29   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun

If yes: who?

Aidun

Yes.

The Best VP there could ever be.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 02:33   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

MrWIA:

Since you are so proud of proclaiming yourself as citizen 1. Would you care to enlighten us as to what you did...all alone...on those long nights before the others came on board?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 04:35   #12
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:27
Quote:
To all Candidates:
Argh, now I knwo the identities of my fellow conspirators! Damn you, that was supposed to be a secret! How did you find out?

Um... no... why do you ask?

Quote:
No, not yet.

Now - as to my reason for running - well, the original reason was that no-one other than MWIa had nominated themselves, and he asked for competition, so I decided to go for it. Of coruse, now we do have some other competition, but anyway...

If elected, I already have a lot of experience in carrying out orders and organizing turnchats, having been Commissioner in the ACDg for two terms now, and starting on my third one. I will make sure to listen to people when making decisions (I don't have a particularly strong agenda to push, so I'm open to suggestions form basically anyone). Any other questions?
Old March 12, 2003, 11:07   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:27
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
MrWIA:

Since you are so proud of proclaiming yourself as citizen 1. Would you care to enlighten us as to what you did...all alone...on those long nights before the others came on board?
But of course...

I had a nothing to do, and a lot of time in which to do it. So, in those early days, I sat and contemplated on all I had seen before. I ruminated for long periods on all the strange and majestic sights of the world, and soon enough all my mental railways met and there was a great crash of all my trains of thought. I came to reflect on the very creation of the world. I am convinced that what I have thought is how this world came into being, and by knowing so we will move towards knowing our true meaning:

In the beginning, The Earth was without form, and void.
But the Sun shone upon the sleeping Earth and deep inside the brittle crust massive forces waited to be unkeashed.
The seas parted and great continents were formed. The continents shifted, mountains arose.
Earthquakes spawned massive tidal waves.
Volcanoes erupted and spewed forth fiery lava and charged the atmosphere with strange gases.

Into this swirling maelstrom of Fire and Air and Water the first stirrings of Life appeared: tiny organisms, cells and amoeba, clinging to tiny sheltered habitats.
But the seeds of Life grew, and strengthened, and spread, and diversified, and prospered, and soon every continent and climate teemed with Life. And with life came instinct, and specialization, natural selection,
Reptiles, Dinosaurs and Mammals
and finally there evolved a species
known as Man
and there appeared the first faint glimmers of
Intelligence.

The fruits of intelligence were many: fire, tools and weapons, the hunt, farming and the sharing of food
the family, village and the tribe
Now it required but one more ingredient:
a great Leader
to unite the quarrelling tribes to harness the power of the land
to build a legacy that would stand the test of time

a CIVILIZATION!

But then that might just be me.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 12, 2003, 11:14   #14
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Wow! This is what I call a Campaign!
Old March 12, 2003, 12:31   #15
mrmitchell
King

To All Candidates:
(1) The security and well-being of the President is becoming a more important issue as we move forward. (Yeah, right.) However, you need to keep connected to your people. How many times will you come out in public during this term? Two? Three? (We don't need any Cheneys in the President's seat )
(2) Soon we will see weapons that can annihlate cities, and it's a possibility that a massive build-up of these weapons will happen. What would you do to prevent this massive build-up?
(3) If we are not voted for U.N. Secretary General, what will you do?
Old March 12, 2003, 12:54   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I will be present and in public each and every day of my term. There is no need for concern for safety, because as a measure for that, anyone who comes to see such public appearances will be automatically issued a healthy dose of the Bananabis that was first discovered on Uber Island, and hence has lead to the apparant dismemberment of the Thinker's Guild who became addicted, and apparantly stopped thinking... Our current research assures that any partakers of the Bananabis soon descend into an meditative state where they would be incapable of any such acts of aggression towards a President. They simply seek out food and drink...

Prevent? I whole heartedly agree that Apolytonia will need a healthy stock of these to ensure a MAD situation on the Planet. Ideally, they will be used to keep the other people in line and prevent their use by the other countries. However, turning Japan into a desert is not without it's appeal.

As stated above, Plan JG has several back up plans should the vote go awry. There is an option of using force to ensure that everyone will eventually become a subscriber to the JG, there is also the possibility of looking to the stars to find a suitable world where the JG will be the only form of information allowed. Then we can get to those pictures of MrWIA...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 13:56   #17
Aro
lifer
Emperor

UnOrthO or MWIA? It's tough, I can't decide...

Oh, about my campaign...
1- I'm here all the time.
2- Nuke those japs!
3- Nuke everybody and go to the stars (this planet will not be a good place, after we finish with the other civs using nukes...)
Old March 12, 2003, 14:32   #18
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
One question:

Who will have me as their VP?

The wind blows a tumble weed by. The sun sets. The lights go out in auditorioum where the campaign is going on. Donegeal is still there.

Hello? Anyone? Hello!!!
Old March 12, 2003, 14:41   #19
Aro
lifer
Emperor

donegeal, do you want to be my VP?
Old March 12, 2003, 14:49   #20
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
Well, for real, I have put a lot of time and effort into this game (I have served as a RA/RG in every term since the third term (with two exceptions) acting as Deputy DM several times when the DM was not at the chats, but I have never actually held an official position. I guess that I would just like to hold an official position in the game.

(I know what you are hoping for. With all my exp with DM issues, you are hoping that I would be able to do all your DM duties for you like a good lackey if you are elected prez. )
Old March 12, 2003, 14:54   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

While I can't promise you VP status, how does Justice Donegeal sound?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 15:02   #22
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Well, for real, I have put a lot of time and effort into this game (I have served as a RA/RG in every term since the third term (with two exceptions) acting as Deputy DM several times when the DM was not at the chats, but I have never actually held an official position. I guess that I would just like to hold an official position in the game.

(I know what you are hoping for. With all my exp with DM issues, you are hoping that I would be able to do all your DM duties for you like a good lackey if you are elected prez. )
How could you even think this???
Well, you got me.
Old March 12, 2003, 15:10   #23
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Hmm Aro, you seem to have a double agenda? interesting, just interesting

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; March 12, 2003 at 15:33.
Old March 12, 2003, 15:41   #24
Aro
lifer
Emperor

What? It's a calumny!
I have a triple agenda...
Old March 12, 2003, 18:26   #25
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

Aro we are going to need some pics with this election , ......

have a nice day
Old March 12, 2003, 18:48   #26
Aidun
Emperor

Yeah Aro, draw some pictures if you can spare some time. Please

Aidun
Old March 12, 2003, 18:52   #27
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah Aro, draw some pictures if you can spare some time. Please

Aidun

hi ,

yeah , draw some pics on the new vp campaign , ....

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; March 12, 2003 at 19:24.
Old March 12, 2003, 19:17   #28
Aidun
Emperor

I'm not running for SMC. :atonished:

Tell me Panag, where do you have the info from?

Aidun
Old March 12, 2003, 19:21   #29
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
I'm not running for SMC. :atonished:

Tell me Panag, where do you have the info from?

Aidun
hi ,

oops , sorry , its been a long day , .....

aggie - aidun and a chat with the same confusion , ....

sorry

have a nice day
Old March 13, 2003, 02:18   #30
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:27
Quote:
(1) The security and well-being of the President is becoming a more important issue as we move forward. (Yeah, right.) However, you need to keep connected to your people. How many times will you come out in public during this term? Two? Three? (We don't need any Cheneys in the President's seat )
All the time not spent eating, sleeping, administering, and whatever private recreational activites I decide to do.

That is - all the time I'm around.

Quote:
(2) Soon we will see weapons that can annihlate cities, and it's a possibility that a massive build-up of these weapons will happen. What would you do to prevent this massive build-up?
Make sure we have more of them than anyone else, so that iuf anyone uses them against us, they're toast.

Quote:
(3) If we are not voted for U.N. Secretary General, what will you do?
First: Be glad that we have the chance to achieve an honest victory.

Second: Have troops arrest the representatives that voted against us.

Third: Go for the spaceship victory.

Quote:
Who will have me as their VP?
As I don't have any particular conddiate in mind, I'd have no problem appointing you...