View Poll Results: Best Moments in the Demo Game
Term 2 Elections between Trip and Ninot 11 7.24%
Term 8 Elections between Arnelos and Aro 12 7.89%
Case Pink (Convincing people of war on France) 12 7.89%
Uber's Maneuver (using Galleys to attack Paris with Swordsmen) 5 3.29%
The French convincing both Germany and Persia into an alliance against us 9 5.92%
Gemany cowering in fear when we took one city despite them having superior forces 5 3.29%
Discovery of Uber Island 13 8.55%
Defending Geofront against the Persian invasion 9 5.92%
E_T vs GhengisFarb Election deadlock 6 3.95%
MPPGate (personally missed that, so someone please fill in) 1 0.66%
Creation of the NewCon 5 3.29%
The Apolytonian Racial Elitists 5 3.29%
Uber's Revolution 5 3.29%
Last American Spearmen Defending against armies and Knights 2 1.32%
First War on America 9 5.92%
Aro's Maps 17 11.18%
The Jungle Gazette 18 11.84%
Jungle Ball 2 1.32%
The Banana finally winning an election (should that happen...) 6 3.95%
Watching Numberous Greek Forces attempt to and finally Raze Cologne (the Popcorn Save) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 11, 2003, 22:30   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Best moments in demo game (3rd try's the charm)
One more time....

Unortho (and I) didn't have the other poll set for multiple choice, so I'll set it up for him

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Crap, just noticed I also forgot the allow multiple coices box...

Ill get a new poll up tonight when I have more time...

Unless someone would like to do that now, please..
PLEASE vote for only 5 of the above choices

This poll is set for 5 days time. I also added the Popcorn Save Option, as that was a good thing to watch during the chat.

E_T
Old March 11, 2003, 22:38   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Got it right this time...

E_T
Old March 11, 2003, 23:18   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:30
Case Pink, of course... But seriously, before that we were not motivated nor committed to battling our way out of the jungle. Attempting to build our way out would have had somewhat... stunting consequences.

Uber's revolution was also pivotal, IMO. It got the ball rolling on reforms that saw the creation of a system where 100s of people could participate and the machinery of government could function well.
Old March 11, 2003, 23:33   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
This is going to take some thought... I wasn't around for a lot of the greater successes (by the sounds of them), so I have only a limited knowledge of that early game to decide upon.

One thing is for certain, definitely NOT the NewCon. I am eternally glad that it kicked into effect the day I left for Australia, where I would be free from having it constricting my every action.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 12, 2003, 00:14   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:30
Ramses, our first GL, should be an option, IMHO...
Oh, and MWIA has a point, about the NewCon... In my term, I had a Legal Advisor, adaMada...
Old March 12, 2003, 00:37   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 23:30
hi ,

the discovery of Uber Isle and all the work it took from two people trying to convince the others to look for it in the first place and then the fact that we had to convince people to settle it , ....

have a nice day
Old March 12, 2003, 00:43   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

the discovery of Uber Isle .............
have a nice day
I agree. Great moment!
Old March 12, 2003, 01:10   #8
Kramerman
Prince

man, its been months since ive been here... wow, so much progress *tear* ... its beautiful. Glancing thru the judicial thread and such, it really seems like the governement worked well, being well designed, of course, by us wise Apolytoners.... hehe

good show
Old March 12, 2003, 09:23   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

YES!

OK... I'm going to post these one at a time in this post as I decide on the greatest moments, as it seems there are some that pop out of the woodworks now (wouldn't it be too late to put in the poll? ) that are VERY worthy.

1. Discovery of Uber Isle
2. the rise to power and fame of Aggie as quick-fix SMC
3. discovery of the lost civs and the continent which SHOULD be known as Graceland as per the original discussion
4. The Gazette

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; March 13, 2003 at 18:45.
Old March 12, 2003, 12:07   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I had a suggestion thread up for over a week, MrWIA...

Thanks to E_T for getting this up.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 12:26   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I know, and I spent a little time thinking about great moments. But, in true physical proof of one of the lighter axioms of Murphy's Law,

some of the best ideas only occur to you after the time they could have helped. For the ones that I think of or see here and agree with I will post in my above thread, and they get my votes (kind of a write-in vote). If they aren't counted in the final run, well too bad I guess. But I wouldn't feel good voting for lesser things just because they were there. I want, even for my own satisfaction, to think out the greatest moments of this game for ME, and so even if my write-ins don't matter, I will know what I can look back on and remember with a smile.

Old March 12, 2003, 12:38   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

True.

I have my own personal favorite moments that are not up on that list as well. Hmm...

Running with you during term 3 where we basically said damn all this beurocracy, lets get this MOVING would have to rank right up there. No one wanted to run, all were disillusioned following Uber's Revolution, you and I basically took this game by the horns at that point and drove it forward IMO. I also think we were the first government to actually work TOGETHER on things.

Trip and Timeline were always bickering, Ninot and Timeline was not as smooth as you would have expected from two DIA members (though I will keep reasons behind that to myself for now). We had no power struggle, and backed each other up when problems did arise, and there were a few... Now, I haven't seen all the terms in detail, but that has to be an example of how it SHOULD work.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 13:35   #13
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:30
Quote:

I have my own personal favorite moments that are not up on that list as well. Hmm...
me too although mine are all a bit ego-centric.

it's true what you say about the third term and it definately was a turning point in the game. Or perhaps the Uberevolution was the turning point as a sort of crisis which term three was a resolution to. I dunno maybe I might start looking into our nations history. One thing I can be sure of though is that the term four presidency was based almost entirely on how things were done in term 3.
Old March 12, 2003, 13:43   #14
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

I has to be all the things that directly lead us to victory. These come only in a timeline order:

A) First American War. This started us out. every civ had twice as many cities as we did at this point and we were still stuck in a jungle. With out this (or something similar) we loose.

B) Case Pink. I wasn't around for the initial proposal, but the idea to attack France directly lead to our victory.

C) France forming a three way alliance with Germany and Persia. This is probably my pick. We attack France with Uber's Manuver and France bribes these two dolts to attack us with our backs turned. And Persia had a RoP with us! We suddenly are facing a three-front war, and, just to make matters worse, our SMC leaves the game! We now have a major uphill battle and no one to lead us. No one, that is, until the almighty banana blesses us with the Hero Known as Aggie. Aggie picks up the reins dropped by our departed Legendary SMC UberkruX and leads an outnumbered army against two of the top three nations in the world at the time.

D) Germany crying for peace after loosing one city. Aggie manages to string our meager army together and destroys the German city in our midst, I forget its name. We try to contact Otto after our victorious army moves away from the ashes of this city and the man is weaping in terror (his parents must have lived there). Not only does he agree to a peace treaty, but he agrees to a treaty attached with tech and a Lpt deal. What a wuss!

E) The defense of Geofront in the face of thousands of Persian Archers. I remember seeing a stack of 12 ARCHERS on the door step of Geofront. For three turns in a row, we defeated something on the line of 15-25 Persian units each turn. Surviving this onslaught gave us our first GL (used on Sun Tzu's the Art of War) and basicly deated the Persian army leaving the path open to capture the entire Persian Homeland. The taking of the Persian Homeland netted us our Second GL (used for the Sistines Chapel), the Pyramids and three Luxury items. From this point on, we were the leaders and we knew we were going to win.
Old March 12, 2003, 13:48   #15
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal

E) The defense of Geofront in the face of thousands of Persian Archers. I remember seeing a stack of 12 ARCHERS on the door step of Geofront. For three turns in a row, we defeated something on the line of 15-25 Persian units each turn. Surviving this onslaught gave us our first GL (used on Sun Tzu's the Art of War) and basicly deated the Persian army leaving the path open to capture the entire Persian Homeland. The taking of the Persian Homeland netted us our Second GL (used for the Sistines Chapel), the Pyramids and three Luxury items. From this point on, we were the leaders and we knew we were going to win.
You're right, donegeal. I was trying to remember... Thanks!
Old March 12, 2003, 14:16   #16
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

A)Very much the war of neccesity. As I remember we had about 6 archers and a few spearmen and there was much talk of that not being enough and our forces being annailated leaving the game virtually lost even from the pres at the time. But the SMC stood firm and said we could do it and pulled it off beyond our expectations getting four cities.

B)When the dust settled there was much talk of a period of building and consolidation however one priority was iron which we sneakily took from the persians with the city of ubergorsk after a long journey by a stlr/spear stack. Once we had iron plan gold was possible and case pink was only a matter of time.

must go now
Old March 12, 2003, 15:29   #17
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Trip and Timeline were always bickering
Hey, it's not like he did anything anyways...

He also added me to his MSN Messenger a few weeks ago... that was an interesting conversation.
Old March 12, 2003, 15:47   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

me too although mine are all a bit ego-centric.
I still remember the beautiful city of Whosinchargeofsettlermovesanyway.
Old March 12, 2003, 16:10   #19
OPD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I still remember the beautiful city of Whosinchargeofsettlermovesanyway.
lol yeah what about the city of BFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFMBFM

things were different then, after MWIA's term you could pretty much do anything as pres and get away w/o getting impeached just as long as the game moved forward and the save was posted.
Old March 13, 2003, 01:28   #20
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:30
Hey! The Republican revolution was left out!
Old March 13, 2003, 15:46   #21
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 22:30
Arnelos is right!

And the discovery of the Lost Civs- now that was exciting, we got so much money out of those deals, it was practically unbelievable...
Old March 13, 2003, 15:48   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I had a suggestion thread up for a week...

I myself have thought of around 20 things I would like to see on the list, but thought of them too late...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 13, 2003, 15:50   #23
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 16:30
Appears to be the Jungle Gazette by a landslide with 17 out of 25 voters selecting it so far.
Old March 13, 2003, 16:43   #24
Aro
lifer
Emperor

And the Jungle Gazette deserves this. IMO, the best thing of the game, together with the game itself.
Old March 13, 2003, 18:04   #25
Kramerman
Prince

I was only active for a handful of these events. Of those, Trip and Ninot's presidential campaign was pretty memorable. Outa that mess came the reinvigorated campaign for a judicial branch and the subsequent amendment and court cases. That added a whole new element to the game.
Old March 13, 2003, 18:24   #26
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
I was only active for a handful of these events. Of those, Trip and Ninot's presidential campaign was pretty memorable. Outa that mess came the reinvigorated campaign for a judicial branch and the subsequent amendment and court cases. That added a whole new element to the game.
I bet you can't guess who laid the groundwork for the court...
Old March 13, 2003, 18:26   #27
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 23:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

hi ,

teach us some history Trip , ....

have a nice day
Old March 13, 2003, 18:42   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

So you DO remember? Great! Thanks Trip, you can tell us who to blame for the Court...

OK... adding to my list
2. the rise to power and fame of Aggie as quick-fix SMC; 3. discovery of the lost civs and the continent which SHOULD be known as Graceland as per the original discussion (before we actually discovered it, I might add).
4. The Gazette

Need to find a 5th I can accept over the others I am thinking of...

Old March 13, 2003, 18:45   #29
Kramerman
Prince

1. the time period when Kman was active in the game...
Old March 13, 2003, 18:47   #30
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

teach us some history Trip , ....

have a nice day
I would, but as has already been hinted at, I'm afraid of retaliation!

*Trip runs without stopping until he gets to the other side of the big jungle in the sky.