Old March 12, 2003, 04:40   #1
star mouse
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 08:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How do I build DEA upgrades?
Like the topic says, how do I upgrade a DEA? A DEA upgrade are such things as research labs, soil enrichment, spaceports and the like. I can't seem to find how to do it, is it possible?

I know the "viceroy" will do it, but I would like to take charge occasionally.
Old March 12, 2003, 06:45   #2
Proteus_MST
King

Local Time: 23:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You can´t do it.

I think there exist some Mods out there which allow you to build those upgrades on your own, but in an unmodded game it will always be the viceroy who builds them.
Proteus_MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 15:25   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:34
The AI will decide when they upgrades are to be done. I think that the DEV PLAN of infrastructure will help influence it do do it sooner rather than later.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 23:27   #4
PaulNAdhe
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:34
You don't do much of anything with DEAs. You can schedule a new one and remove an existing one. But, as far as building anything in the DEA, you're out of the loop.

Truthfully, I haven't found this to be a problem. I'm still not satisfied with my DevPlan and that controls what gets built. But, I'm playing on and just watching what the VR builds.

It's not going exactly according to my wishes, but until we get some definitive info on DevPlans, it's all I've got unless I want to go back to SMAC or MTW.
Old March 13, 2003, 05:16   #5
Wasted
Settler

Local Time: 21:34
I find the EA improvements quite confusing..

Do the DEA improvements have additional requirements that aren't documented? I find often that after I research something like Hydroponic farms some planets still wont build them, and the slider bar dedicated to Normal economc development in the planetary finance screen shows the red barred circle indicating there is nothing to spend the money on.

It would be good to be able to nudge the viceroys in the right direction, I dont understand why they dont start building something once they become available, especially as other times it seems to build them straight away.
Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2003, 14:26   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:34
The reason are usually that they do not see if as urgent at the time. If you learn hydro frms, but have a surplus of food, what is the rush to get the hydro built? It may be better to add that extra mine or something.
It could also be impacted by the pop levels. Do I have enough to work by DEA's right now? Many factors. You can influence them with your Dev Plan and spending rates.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2003, 21:52   #7
BlueDEvil
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:34
You can set a development plan for All Planet. Put infrastructure in all three level. It should speed up the building. But you still can't choose which ones to build first.
BlueDEvil is offline   Reply With Quote