Old March 12, 2003, 08:57   #1
moomaster
Settler

Local Time: 21:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What the hell happened- MOO3 sucks
What happened to this game???????????????
I"m the biggest fan of Master of orion, so many years of waiting and finally when u buy it and play the game for couple of days, all the hopes go down the drain than u wish u never bought the damn game. MOO2 was way more interesting to play even with 2D graphics.
In MOO3 all u do is try to maintain good diplomatic relations and colonize, the rest is all automated. And the combat is so horrible, the ships are so small u cant even see them with some kind of details even with the full zoom in, they like flying dots. And on ground combat they ad list could of created some fighting animation or something to make it more attractive
The research, dont even start me with that.
And whats wrong with ship designs, i started the game 6 time with different species just to check if i get a different ship design, no hope same ship design every time u start a new game.
This game is not even being close of coming to the subject of complex.
In reality everyone is saying that this is a superb game, how about this, stop kissing the MOO3 creators ass and speak on what u truly think about this game. And maybe than they'll think twice before releasing such a hideous game.
High expectations down the drain and thanks for Ruining the game.

I'm not a troll, and for those who say that i'm well they can go and @#$% them selfs.

Last edited by moomaster; March 14, 2003 at 05:43.
moomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 08:59   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Troll.
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 09:32   #3
darcy
Warlord

Posting your opinion about MoO3 in a forum titled "MoO3 - General Discussion" can hardly be considered trolling.
darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 09:42   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

What he's posted is hardly part of a "General Discussion" just type troll to save the next person having to read it, and then press "Add to ignore list"

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 09:50   #5
moomaster
Settler

oh it is part of general discussion, i'm just not afraid of discussing it
Old March 12, 2003, 09:54   #6
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
With one laser tech and one missile tech at the start of the game I struggle to think how there could be different ship designs. The diversification comes with what techs are available for you to research and which ones you focus on.

One of the things I like about MoO3 is that even when its obvious I'm about to win the game I still haven't managed to trade or steal every tech from the other players and that the techs you do get and your starting characteristics really do make a difference to your strategy.

But then again I'm falling into the trap of responding seriously to a rant. Bad idea
Old March 12, 2003, 10:06   #7
moomaster
Settler

What i meant as a ship design( not when u research and get cruiser or a titan) what i meant is, when u start the game your ships look the same even if u play with different species. In the movie intro the ships that attacked the guardian, you play with this ships all the time, no matter what species u choose.
Old March 12, 2003, 10:12   #8
Jamski
Deity

Lets discuss then.

Quote:
Originally posted by moomaster
... you play with this ships all the time, no matter what species u choose.
Well, this is quite simply untrue. There's 8 different ship styles + one for the New Orions.

Next !

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 10:16   #9
Grumbold
Emperor

Each racial group gets a different ship look. So all the bugs look the same but their ships are different from the humanoids or the robotics...
Old March 12, 2003, 10:16   #10
moomaster
Settler

Well i dont know about u but i started the game more than 25 times with different species and I got exactly the same ship design(style)
Old March 12, 2003, 10:19   #11
Jamski
Deity

Really ?
Old March 12, 2003, 10:21   #12
moomaster
Settler

Yes,
That is one of the reasons that pissed off about this game, I thought every species had their own ship design, well i was wrong
Old March 12, 2003, 10:23   #13
Jamski
Deity

But every species does have its own ship designs. I can't imagine what's wrong with your MoO3. You did buy it, didn't you?

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 10:23   #14
Grumbold
Emperor

All I can think of is doing a total uninstall and reinstall unless the IG forums have a known solution to that problem. Its certainly not a universal one.
Old March 12, 2003, 10:28   #15
moomaster
Settler

Yes, i did buy it, and i reinstalled the game twice to see if that would make a difference, well it didnt. since u all have different ships, I guess its another bug or something. A Report needs to be done do Quicksilver about this bug, which i will not do.
Old March 12, 2003, 10:31   #16
Jamski
Deity

I think you're on your own with this bug. Noone else has complained of it, and there's been quite a lot of complaining. You should take the game back, and request another copy. Mybe the shop will test your copy instore, and you'll see if the problem is software or hardware dependant. Bad luck, I'd say.

-Jam
Old March 12, 2003, 16:21   #17
Alex-C
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by moomaster
In reality everyone is saying that this is a superb game, how about this, stop kissing the MOO3 creators ass and speak on what u truly think about this game.
How about this, broaden your mind and try and accept the fact that some people might actually LIKE the game. Sure it isn't as good as i'd hoped, but i'm happy playing it, as are many other people. I am speaking based on what i truely think when i say I LIKE THIS GAME.

Also, i think you'll find that "everyone saying this is a superb game" is VERY far from the truth, half of the posts here have complaints about it in them

Hard luck on the ships though, best get a replacement copy (or a refund based on what you think of the game).
Alex-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 18:16   #18
Zanman
Settler

I don't think its a bad game at all, although there are things that IMO could have been done better, the interface for example.
But there were naturally lots of high expectations, or I should say certain expectations, surrounding MOO3 and that is where the game disappoints some people. This is a different game than the one a lot of people were expecting - I have seen several posts where people have said they would have preferred MOO 2.5 rather than this game.
I would go so far as to speculate that if MOO3 had been released under another title there wouldn't be nearly as many rants about it, although I still wouldn't be crazy about the interface.
Zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 19:40   #19
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:34
OK, this guy is clearly making up his rant about the ship designs.

Notice how he doesn't want to report it.
Old March 12, 2003, 20:22   #20
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 16:34
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 20:46   #21
Tuberski

Local Time: 16:34
I think there should be more ship designs, myself. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to add more artwork.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2003, 23:07   #22
moomaster
Settler

I took the old copy back and got a new one, the ship problem got fixed, but the game still sucks. And for those who say (why dont u exchange the game for another,well once i buy the game it stays with in my collections of games, no matter how bad the game is - Bad luck for me

Last edited by moomaster; March 12, 2003 at 23:58.
Old March 13, 2003, 04:35   #23
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 23:34
http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2003, 06:04   #24
darcy
Warlord

It might help to actually read the pages you post links to. That would enable you to differentiate between a troll and a person whose opinion you disagree with.
darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2003, 06:58   #25
Sikander
King

Local Time: 14:34
Quote:
Originally posted by War of Art
Troll.
He's a troll, and you're the one wasting the most space on the thread. Go pick your nose or something.
Sikander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2003, 21:22   #26
Lou Wigman
Warlord

Local Time: 07:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Trolls?

There are trolls in Heroes of Might and Magic. Didn't realise that MOO3 had them. I have been totally underwhelmed by MOO3 which is now gathering dust on my shelf, but if it has trolls perhaps I should have another look.
Lou Wigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2003, 05:44   #27
moomaster
Settler

I'm not a troll, and for those who say that i'm well they can go and @#$% them selfs.
Old March 14, 2003, 10:13   #28
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 18:34
I'm going to *&#@* myself, then:

Troll.

Old March 14, 2003, 10:28   #29
MariOne
King

Local Time: 23:34
Not *&#@*, it was @#$% !!
Old March 14, 2003, 10:37   #30
Xelvonar
Settler

Local Time: 13:34
Perhaps we are talking about different things?

Maybe moomaster means all the designs are the same at the start (which they are, and they were in Moo2 as well) and everyone else is saying that the graphics are all different.

Dunno. Just a guess.
Xelvonar is offline   Reply With Quote