Old March 13, 2003, 20:18   #91
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 21:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso

a really incredible thing is that i saw, among the accused, a man i almost bought a flat from this november. go figure...

well so any ideas whether he was a genuine assasin or just a person put on the table for the public?

Anyway.. if he was genuine ... you wouldn't want to mess with him being late with the payment

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old March 13, 2003, 21:39   #92
Joseph
King

Local Time: 14:35
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
we had internet outage so i could not come here earlier and post. i am not surprised to see that most of the discussions in this post were BS, typical 'who will run the protectorate' thing. no wonder balkan always ends up a bloody mess

i was really shocked yesterday, but i tried to somehow imagine a way in which this could help forward. people here suddenly feel a great miss. one of the reasons is that djindjic was really very clever and able. the other, more prosaic is that he was very 'present' in the media, therefore people will miss not seeing him anymore.

on the other hand, we were not really aware of his abilities until he took on the PM seat. so my guess is, someone will eventually have to fill his shoes. i hope for the best.

as you can imagine, they immediately started lionizing him in the media, those same media who were accusing him of all things imaginable. he was a shrewd politician, very capable of tactical maneuvres, but it is his disrespect for any institution that presents an obstacle to his ideas that finally brought us to situation where we have acting President, acting PM and President of Parliament who is a figurehead.

All this sad, I was his supporter, if not always for his means, then for his goals - and I felt that underneath all the power politics, he was really pushing us forward. I only hope that they catch (or shoot, for all i care), all of the perpetrators.

a really incredible thing is that i saw, among the accused, a man i almost bought a flat from this november. go figure...
LaRusso. I will admit that I'm a little surprise by your response, but please by it. I saw his interview with John McLaughlin last year and was impress with him and what he wanted to accomplish. As an American I'm really sorry to see him died this way.
Old March 15, 2003, 13:01   #93
Joseph
King

Local Time: 14:35
Back to the top.
Old March 15, 2003, 18:13   #94
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 23:35
Funeral was in 14:00 (+1GTM).

There were several hundreads of thousands people.