Old October 20, 2003, 09:03   #241
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 23:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
*Russians Laughs* Finally. The Destruction of Germany has begun!!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old October 20, 2003, 11:46   #242
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 21:35
I cant wait to get home from work and launch my second invasion of France/Germany
Old October 20, 2003, 17:05   #243
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The second wave!

Allthough the invasion last month didnt produce the results hoped for, this months operation went ahead as planned. More British troops have landed on the continent and captured Brussels and Amsterdam without much effort. In addition, 3 German Bombers where shot down. This will certainly further diminish the Germans ability to retalliate.

Along with our American friends we will see the end of Nazism in Europe.

In India, British bombers took to the wings and bombed enemy positions in Bombay, resulting in the destruction of the defending marines.

In Australia, the ANZAC have been put on the highest level of alert after the massive bombing raid against Rockhampton. This was a serious blow to the defenses, and new recruits have been drafted to replace the lost soldiers.

A Japanese Destroyer sunk east of Newcastle.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip british1942june.zip (92.3 KB, 3 views)
Old October 22, 2003, 06:35   #244
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 15:35
Figu?
Old October 23, 2003, 04:37   #245
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

turn..
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ussr1942july.zip (94.6 KB, 2 views)

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old October 24, 2003, 01:07   #246
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 16:35
Japanese forces seize Panama!

Japanese troops crawl up a hill during intense fighting around
Limon Bay, Panama.

After months of preparation, planes from the carrier Hiryu and thousands of Imperial Marines launched a massive attack on American forces in the Canal Zone. We were surprised to only find four infantry divisions there, which were promptly wiped out. Japan is now an Atlantic power!

Japanese troops cross into Pakistan!

An artillery regiment en route to Lahore struggles to keep up with the front lines.

After the predictable fall of Delhi, our scouts were shocked to find that Lahore didn't have a single British or Pakistani soldier guarding it! Mobile forces promptly advanced from the Indian capital and seized the city. Its Muslim inhabitants cheered our troops as they liberated them from their Christian overlords.

Meanwhile, the battle continues around Nagpur. An infantry division and engineer battalion were destroyed in the city, but no more troops were available to occupy it. Our Zeroes easily cut the flotilla of Lancasters north of Bombay to ribbons, and a damaged enemy cruiser was sunk off the Maldive islands. Our transports spotted the ironically named battleship HMS Revenge off Bombay, which forced the theater commander to move all our ground troops inland to avoid fire from her massive guns. With our battleships committed to the Australian and Panama campaigns we'll have to put up with her for the time being.

Australian defenses crushed!

Just one of the many fields of ANZAC dead surrounding Rockhampton and Brisbane.

While the commanders of our marine expeditionary force and of the Kaga's divebomber squadrons were shocked at the huge reinforcements that have arrived in the ruins of Rockhampton, the pre-invasion air raid turned out to be a brilliant trap for the remaining ANZAC forces. All four of the infantry divisions that arrived in the city were promptly annihilated by sea, land, and air attacks, along with the transport that brought them there.

The Kaga, the veteran cruiser Kako, and a few more marine divisions moved south to engage whatever forces defended Brisbane. Kako's captain rubbed his eyes when he saw an entire flotilla of Lancaster bombers sitting near the coast, and when he was sure it wasn't an illusion ordered a massive barrage on the exposed planes.

Five hours later, a massive airstrike and amphibious landing destroyed another four infantry divisions with ease. When news of our landings came to British HQ, a division of Matilda tanks nearly crushed one of our beachheads, but at the last minute our beleaguered marines launched a suicidal Banzai charge. The men jumped onto the steel beasts and dropped grenades in any open hatches, attached sticky bombs to their treads, and several men even pulled the pins of all their grenades and simply threw themselves onto the tanks. After half an hour it was over, but the division holding the beachhead was down to 5% capacity!

Intelligence reports that the SEVENTEEN enemy units destroyed in the last two months represented the bulk of Australia's defense force. The crucial southwest coast of the continent is expected to fall long before the oppressive January summer.

It's over Churchill. Join us or die.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip japan_july_1942.zip (94.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Darius871; October 24, 2003 at 01:58.
Old October 24, 2003, 04:54   #247
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871 Intelligence reports that the SEVENTEEN enemy units destroyed in the last two months represented the bulk of Australia's defense force. The crucial southwest coast of the continent is expected to fall long before the oppressive January summer.
Please tell me you lost something...
Old October 24, 2003, 05:25   #248
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Though under heavy fire from all sides the Reich strikes and strikes and strikes again!

@ Eastern Front: Orenburg was finally captured after the 1st real resistance from 4 divisions of T-34 tank which were annihilated. [I am wondering WHY you didnīt use those tanks, Patrik. I have on equivalent tank in ma armory yet ... ]

@ Western Europe/Germany: The 2nd wave of the British invasion was definitely not that mis-lead as the 1st one and all our armies could do for the moment was containing our foes in their beachheads, annihilating vast numbers of equipment and soldiers in the Netherlands. The Führer is preparing additional reinforcements and ordered the invaders to be thrown into the sea next month.

@ Middle East: Tehran falls to the advancing elements of the German Army Group Transcaucasia. Next targets are Kuwait and the Arabian Peninsula and the Central Asian SovietRepublics.

@ Japan: Berlin gratulates to your outstanding victories; a naval detachment has been sent through the Adolf Hitler Canal (former known as Suez Channel ) to link up with Japanese forces in the Indian Ocean.

@ Allies: Prepare your extinction
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 3rdreich_july1942.zip (88.1 KB, 2 views)
Old October 24, 2003, 12:31   #249
Pap1723
Prince

File
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa - july 1942.zip (84.7 KB, 2 views)
Old October 24, 2003, 12:32   #250
Pap1723
Prince

The advances by the Japanese into Panama City will be met with sever counterattacks by the American military.

A transport laden with military supplies was sunk east of Pearl Harbor on its way into the Panama City port.

Cherbourg and Bordeaux were bombed into submission and there is no trace of any military units left in either city.

Finish them off Britain!!

Pap
Old October 24, 2003, 15:26   #251
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

C'mon Steph... Are you, you know... building any units?

Quote:
Originally posted by sas

Please tell me you lost something...
No... this turn I had almost as many marine divisions as you had infantry (plus some of the marines were able to attack twice), two ships to bombard with, one val with 70% health, and one undamaged Val. It was close with those Matildas though, as I described in the post. Last turn I used 5 veteran Vals, which were damaged too heavily to use this turn.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pap1723
A transport laden with military supplies was sunk east of Pearl Harbor on its way into the Panama City port.
Did that Mitchell at least run out of fuel? (I spotted it with my transport and only had one move left to get away )
Old October 24, 2003, 17:35   #252
jim panse
King

I will tell you something about this PBEM, Darius: Everytime it is my turn I am telling my f****** cities to build units and everytime the next turn my f****** cities report they have finished some f****** city improvements. It is a bit difficult to wage war with that f****** AI.

Sorry for using this f****** word.
Old October 24, 2003, 18:40   #253
Pap1723
Prince

Well, my Mitchell went right back to base, but I had already found the transport so my next bomber came and sunk it

Pap
Old October 24, 2003, 22:57   #254
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse
I will tell you something about this PBEM, Darius: Everytime it is my turn I am telling my f****** cities to build units and everytime the next turn my f****** cities report they have finished some f****** city improvements. It is a bit difficult to wage war with that f****** AI.

Sorry for using this f****** word.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why didn't you say anything about this? This happens to everyone; there's a program called Lazyciv that can return your production orders to what they were.

I'm not mad at you since you didn't know, but I'm pissed that if it's has been going on all this time, what'll it mean for the game?
Old October 25, 2003, 06:06   #255
jim panse
King

Thank you for the hint. Now death will rain from above at the enemies of the Reich *muahahahaha*
Old October 25, 2003, 17:34   #256
Pap1723
Prince

Here is a new units file that was made for the new release of 2194 that is imminent.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip units 1.zip (360.5 KB, 5 views)
Old October 25, 2003, 17:35   #257
Pap1723
Prince

File
Attached Files:
File Type: zip units 2.zip (293.1 KB, 4 views)
Old October 26, 2003, 00:57   #258
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse
Thank you for the hint. Now death will rain from above at the enemies of the Reich *muahahahaha*
Still... doesn't anyone wonder if the game should continue considering how much and how long this problem has corrupted the civ balance? I don't think anyone here would say the Allies would be where they are now had he been building units all this time. Should Germany be strengthened somehow to make up for it?

Last edited by Darius871; October 26, 2003 at 01:07.
Old October 26, 2003, 14:41   #259
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Still... doesn't anyone wonder if the game should continue considering how much and how long this problem has corrupted the civ balance? I don't think anyone here would say the Allies would be where they are now had he been building units all this time. Should Germany be strengthened somehow to make up for it?
I agree, this sucks

But it will be very diffcult to give a fair upgrade of the Axis that would please everyone. And i still dont understand why jim panse havent spoken out about this earlier

So do i play or wait?
Old October 26, 2003, 17:56   #260
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I suppose an outside player could look at the old saves and roughly guess what he 'would' have built, and then give him a force a little less than that guess (just to be on the safe side), or perhaps just give him some gold for rushing.

However, if Steph truly thinks he can take you on as-is though I'd have no objection to continuing.
Old October 26, 2003, 18:25   #261
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
However, if Steph truly thinks he can take you on as-is though I'd have no objection to continuing.
Off cource he cant, if he could i wouldnt be holding most of Western europe with US support. And considering my previous "plunder" of most of the european cities he's got next to no production in Europe.

And where should these forces be placed? If you place them in Berlin, should it be before or after he plays?

And again, whatever we do i wont feel like a winner even if we do win because of this.
Old October 26, 2003, 18:37   #262
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by sas

Off cource he cant, if he could i wouldnt be holding most of Western europe with US support.
That was with zero production; I think with just one turn of creative rushing he could drive you guys out.

Quote:
Originally posted by sas

And where should these forces be placed? If you place them in Berlin, should it be before or after he plays?
Before, IMO.

Quote:
Originally posted by sas

And again, whatever we do i wont feel like a winner even if we do win because of this.
And if Steph gets free units that may or may not accurately represent what he lost, I won't feel like a winner if we win. What a mess.
Old October 26, 2003, 19:24   #263
Pap1723
Prince

I'd say don't even bother...rumor has it that Version 2 of the scenario is going to be ready to playtest within the next 6 hours.

Let me know what you think

Pap
Old October 27, 2003, 03:14   #264
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Pap1723
I'd say don't even bother...rumor has it that Version 2 of the scenario is going to be ready to playtest within the next 6 hours.

Let me know what you think

Pap
wow
Old October 27, 2003, 03:15   #265
Pap1723
Prince

Ok, so the 6 hours has been pushed back...we'll say it'll be ready before Friday.
Old October 27, 2003, 05:10   #266
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Just FYI, sas have discussed 'replacement' units for Germany, and I think he looked favorably on 5 vet PzIv's, 5 vet FW-150's, 2 Stukas, and 5 or so infantry. This is considerably less than Steph would have built so far, so would you guys agree?
Old October 27, 2003, 06:06   #267
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Just FYI, sas have discussed 'replacement' units for Germany, and I think he looked favorably on 5 vet PzIv's, 5 vet FW-150's, 2 Stukas, and 5 or so infantry. This is considerably less than Steph would have built so far, so would you guys agree?

I think i can live with that. So i play now, and Germany get the units when its his turn?
Old October 27, 2003, 07:56   #268
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Yes.
Old October 27, 2003, 19:00   #269
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

-In a combined operation, the Australian forces launched a major counter offensive. The newly trained commando units saw action for the first time with great success. Brisbane was sadly burned to the ground under the intense fighting, and all the Japanese defenders where killed.

-The Battlehip Revenge launched a naval attack on Bombay destroying the Japanese airfield and airforce stationed in the city. Once that mission was completed Revenge moved north and sunk a Japanese Transport south of Karachi.

-British bombers and infantry attack and destroy the Japanese forces in south India. The cities should be back under British controll next month.

-Continues advance in Europe, Stuttgart, Munich, Vienna, Prague, Belgrade, Cherbourg, Budapest, Warsaw and L'Vov captured

Attached Files:
File Type: zip british1942july.zip (92.1 KB, 2 views)
Old October 27, 2003, 21:31   #270
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

There goes my ENTIRE airforce in Australia!

Last edited by Darius871; October 27, 2003 at 21:39.