View Poll Results: Who shall be FAM?
Shiber 9 34.62%
Togas 17 65.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 12, 2003, 13:55   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Term X Foreign Affairs Minister Election
3 days.

The candidates:
Shiber
Togas

EDIT: Please PM me if you wish to vote Abstain/Banana

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; March 12, 2003 at 21:29.
Old March 12, 2003, 15:18   #2
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:36
I don't want to take anything away from Shiber who has done a very good job as our FAM. I'd like to serve in the role of our Foreign Affairs Minister for the final term because I feel that it would be great honor, one that I hope to be found "worthy" of. I have a long history as our Foreign Affairs Minister with a great deal of experience. You can be certain that I'll handle the final turn(s) in the proper mannor doing everything I can to ensure that the final vote goes our way.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 12, 2003, 16:12   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:36
The Foreign Affairs Minister will be the one that holds the most important job in term X. His actions and decisions will directly affect whether we shall win this game or not.
If I am elected, I intend to treat the UN vote with great care, and make sure that Apolytonia shall do everything within its power to ensure that we win the UN vote. I intend to research all the aspects of AIs and diplomacy, devise several plans for maximizing our chances of winning the game and hold a detailed a thorough public discussion on every detail of our final gameplan.
True, there are no sureways to achieve a victory condition that is partially based on luck. However, you can rest assured that if I am elected, and Apolytonia wins the UN vote, we will all be able to say proudly to ourselves that we've acheived this thanks to teamwork and intelligent discussion and debate, and not based mainly on luck; whereas, if the unfortunate happens and Apolytonia does not win the UN vote, there would be no regrets - we shall all know that we've done the best that we could in and outside the game, and have performed remarkably, and therefore we can lose with great honor.

Finally, I would like to wish us all good luck. Whoever wins this race, and whichever path we take, let it be the path that leads to victory! Let Apolytonia shine!!
- Shiber, Term X Candidate for FAM
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; March 12, 2003 at 16:20.
Old March 12, 2003, 17:14   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:36
It's a tough decision, both candidates are excellent, but my vote goes to Shiber.
Old March 12, 2003, 17:15   #5
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 15:36
Where's Banana?

Anyways, they're both fine candidates, I'll be happy with either one in office.
Old March 12, 2003, 18:32   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

go Togas

have a nice day
Old March 13, 2003, 00:40   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:36
Hmm... I just can't decide...

Where's banana when you need it?
Old March 13, 2003, 16:31   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Hmm... I just can't decide...

Where's banana when you need it?

hi ,

, civman did not use the abstains in any of his poll's for the election , ......

we should re-poll

have a nice day
Old March 15, 2003, 10:13   #9
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Bump
None of the election threads were topped.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 15, 2003, 15:13   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:36
Congratulatons, Togas.
Suggestion: Shiber should be your vice-minister..
Old March 15, 2003, 15:40   #11
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:36
Shiber would be the best choice, so if he's OK with serving in that role, I'd be glad to have him.

I'm going to have to patch my version of Civ3 and review the save this weekend. Orders will be ready for review by the public around the 18th. I'll have my Vice Minister review them and make suggestions.

It looks like there will be a run-off poll for President, so by the time that's settled we should be fully settled in in the Foriegn Ministry.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 15, 2003, 15:56   #12
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Congratulations Togas.

I hope Term 10 shall gain victory.

At least we have a strong ministerial team. Let's go for it!

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 15, 2003, 16:29   #13
Shiber
Emperor

Congratulations Togas!

Now that I am no longer FAM, I would like to apply to the position of Regional Governor. Aidun, if you are missing any staff I would gladly fill in for the remainder of the game.
Togas: thank you for your offer, but I doubt that you'd actually need a deputy. I did my job without any official help, only help from the public, who commented on my orders in my FAM's Office threads, and as deputy of Togas, I don't think that I would make much difference. No offense meant, but I'd rather be a RG. Thanks again for the honor.
- Phantom of the Opera