Old March 12, 2003, 14:03   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 15:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
newZupdate!!!
We need to spread the word.

Will link to all the elections, and write a short summary of them, and the intent of Term X to bring about the UN vote.

Anything else newZ worthy?

If no one else can beat me to it, I will write it up and send it along late tonight when I should have some time.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 12, 2003, 21:23   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Let's make a fake update, as was proposed in the "Best moments" thread!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 12, 2003, 23:32   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Can someone PLEASE do this for me.

There is something seriously wrong with AOL at the moment...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 13, 2003, 00:47   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:36
Okay, I'll do it.

Edit: And I think I'll include a fake one saying we lost the election, with the actual Newz Update to be posted below it. Hope the G0dz aren't listening...
Old March 13, 2003, 18:20   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:36
Here's the fake update I just sent off.

Quote:
It is a sad day for Apolyton. In the greatest failure of our nation's history, we failed to secure the Secretary Generalship of the United Nations; our worst enemy, Japan, was voted in by a crushing majority, reducing Apolyton to a minor member of the UN.

Impeachment polls have spread like wildfire through the nation; no elected official seems to be safe. Many are calling for hefty postcount reductions for the FAM, President, and VP. The boards are currently in chaos, but the arguments and banana throwing[/ur] will hopefully settle down soon.

The Democracy game must now mourn its self-inflicted defeat.

And the real one:

Quote:
While the nation waits in anticipation of the UN's first vote, elections for the tenth (and final) term are underway. The (url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80228)campaign for President
Quote:
is a four-way battle between MrWhereItsAt, General Tacticus, UnOrthOdOx, and Aro. Togas and Shiber are candidates for Foreign Affairs Minister, Aidun and panag compete for Domestic Minster, and mrmitchell and Aggie are duking it out for Supreme Military Commander. The winners will take their places in the last government on the 15th.

Meanwhile, (url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80300)discussion[/url] over the next Civ3 Democracy Game has already begun. An unofficial (url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80423)poll[/url] has been set up to gauge whether to play with Civ3 or the PTW expansion, what mod to use (if any), and (url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80451)proposals to make it a multi-team game[/url] are also being discussed. If you're interested in joining the next Democracy Game, this would be a good time to start discussing and voting your opinions on game set-up.
Old March 13, 2003, 18:58   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Absolutely fantabulous, Kloreep.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 14, 2003, 00:21   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:36
Great, Kloreep... Both pieces are excellent! I hope the gOdZ have sense of humor...