Old March 12, 2003, 20:21   #31
srholmes
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Spectator
Cuz the U.S. saved their ass. They begged and begged the U.s. to join the war and churchill was pissing all over him self.
They dont make bombers no more, long range missiles are within 2 feet of accuracy and costs a lot less than a bomber.
i thing the russians had more impact as a result of germany having to fight on two fronts
Old March 12, 2003, 20:24   #32
Menlas
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Rothy
Look at the Force we're ready to send to the gulf, that alone would wipe out France and Germany combined.
Riiiight
Old March 12, 2003, 20:31   #33
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 16:36
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc

China doesn't even have the naval assest needed to invade Taiwan. I think we can safely ignore any soldiers China might have in this scenario.
unless the ruskies, frogs, or krauts give the chinks boats

hey, this is a fictional global war, rascism is allowed
Old March 12, 2003, 21:49   #34
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 21:36
15,000? Or is it still 20,000?

Nuclear proliferation is a very bad thing....
Old March 12, 2003, 22:33   #35
Worthingtons
Prince

Ok then Menlas, care to find some informaton on the french Military?? someone just said in this thread you only have One Carrier ..
Old March 12, 2003, 22:41   #36
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Remember, the question was, could the proposed alliance take America....this presumes then, that America would have the defensive position (ie - we don't need to come to you....you have to come to us) and good luck....

-=Vel=-

EDIT: And good luck making it past one of our 7(?) active Carrier Groups....not to mention the others we'll be pulling out of mothball....along with the Iowas....

-V.
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 12, 2003, 23:14   #37
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 17:36
The US has 11 servicable carriers. France has 1, but I think they're trying to acquire a second. Germany has 0. The US has 8000 Tanks in service right now; that is approximately 3 times the number of German and French tanks put together. And ours are newer for the most part. .

This theoretical war could not be won against the US. China and the three European countries aren't on the same coast. Thus the Europeans aren't able to hold a beachhead, and the Chinese aren't be able to create one. Hence failed attempts at amphibious landings would last until one side or the other eventually gets pissed off and lobs 15,000 nukes. The other counterattacks, and the war continues between Alaska and Siberia, the only undamaged places in either alliance left.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old March 12, 2003, 23:46   #38
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
But chineese soldiers can be parachuted from german or french planes, dropped by french boats and both ways with the russians. China has the men and the other countries have the thecs.
As for china invading taiwan, they have so many men that they could drop by with yats and still win.
Imagine 50000 yats with 10 men abord each of them, taiwan has no chance in hell.
Considering your hypothetical situation involving parachutists, have you heard of Crete 1941?
Mind you, that was with a crack group of well-trained individuals. Try putting 4 million Chinese on planes (assuming you could ever get that many planes, which is impossible), and see how organized and effective they are after landing. I'll give you a hint. There's no chance of it.

And again, you do realize how many times more massive the US Navy is than those 4 powers combined?
To be honest, it's quite scary.
Old March 13, 2003, 04:29   #39
Tattila the Hun
King

Local Time: 00:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Consider the fact, that you only need one cruise missile to take out any naval vessel, and it should even the ods on naval warfare.
Old March 13, 2003, 04:32   #40
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:36
But which country has the largest stockpile of cruise missiles, and an industry that can pump more out faster than the others?
Old March 13, 2003, 05:01   #41
Tattila the Hun
King

Local Time: 00:36
Ah, but the fact that the US might have 1000-1 stockpile of missiles, doesn't stop that one missile from sinking that carrier.
Old March 13, 2003, 09:34   #42
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Firstly, England withstood years of German Assault without cracking and without US assistance. We'd soaked up the pressure and were starting our counter attack when the US entered. I think most Historians would agree that America NOT entering WW2 would have meant a prolonged route to victory (for england) or a stalemate, England simply woudnt have lost.
Ask any historian, you would have lost the war.

Quote:

Secondly do you think the UK would stand by and let our good friends in America suffer?? Look at the Force we're ready to send to the gulf, that alone would wipe out France and Germany combined.
HA!! Keep dreaming. Germany can wipe you out in a month or so.
Quote:
Thirdly, how many countries would sell thier values for some good American Dollars?? America has so much Wealth it could buy a whole heap of Powers, who do you think Japan would ally with? Thier rich neighbours of America, or this supposed Alliance and be the first to have thier arses kicked!
First, America is the country with the largest debt, germany is the richest country in the world. Second, Japan is not allowed to have an army.

Quote:
On a Final point, while economically those powers suggested might add up to something, Military speaking the only country there of any note is Russia, who are light years behind the US.
You really dont know sqwat about history or even actual military events. I'd be more afraid of germany than Russia and russia is FAR from being light years away from americans, they are way ahead of the Brits and a couple of blocks behind the States.

Spec.
Old March 13, 2003, 09:39   #43
Edan
Warlord

Re: Americas end as global leader? FICTIONAL
Quote:

Let's say that France, Germany, Russia and China declare war on the U.S. would they be able to win? Do you think america would resist?
The cockroachs. And maybe the penguins.

I will make ready to serve our new penguin overlords.
Old March 13, 2003, 10:01   #44
Demerzel
Warlord

Quote:
HA!! Keep dreaming. Germany can wipe you out in a month or so.
I think you're the one dreaming here, wipe us out in a month? We're not cavemen running around with jawbones...
Old March 13, 2003, 10:14   #45
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
But which country has the largest stockpile of cruise missiles, and an industry that can pump more out faster than the others?

Germany and russia.....of course with the U.S..
Old March 13, 2003, 10:20   #46
MikeH
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-League
OTF Moderator

The Germans would have kicked our arses if it wasn't for the Americans and Russians.

UUSSSAR!

We've got both kinds
Old March 13, 2003, 10:55   #47
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
The Germans would have kicked our arses if it wasn't for the Americans and Russians.

UUSSSAR!
The Germans SHOULD have kicked our arses if it wasn't for the Americans and Russians

Don't forget the stupidity factor, ie: Hilter's genuis
Dunkirk, for one, Egypt for two. It the Germans would have commited real sized forces to NA they could have won before attacking Russia. Germans in egpyt = Uboats in the Indian ocean. Winning the battle of the Atlantic would have been easier if UK had to fight the
Battle of the Indian ocean.

Hilter's stupidity was Britian's sure shield against defeat.
Old March 13, 2003, 11:11   #48
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Look at the Force we're ready to send to the gulf, that alone would wipe out France and Germany combined.

Your measly 46,000 wouldn't be able to advance 50 kilometers. And no, I won't translate this in miles for you.
Old March 13, 2003, 11:21   #49
Demerzel
Warlord

We do have more than 46,000 troops by the way, that's just the number being sent to the Gulf. I think we'd put up a fair fight too.

Oh and you'd not be able to stop us landing considering your troops aren't allowed to leave their own country
Old March 13, 2003, 11:23   #50
Ozz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Your measly 46,000 wouldn't be able to advance 50 kilometers. And no, I won't translate this in miles for you.
He's right, the roads would be jammed with surrendering French and Germans even before you went
50 kils in, it would be all over.
Old March 13, 2003, 11:28   #51
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

He said "ready to send to the gulf".

IIRC, you have about 120,000. Our army is about twice as large. For a successful attack you need either a solid superiority in manpower or in technology. You have neither of them.

And by the way, we're also not cavemen running around with jawbones. Our army may be in a bad state what concerns its offensive abilities at the moment, that is true, but to defend our territory it is able easily. And they are allowed to leave their territory, too. They're running the show in Kosovo right now, and some of them were also sighted in Afghanistan.

Oh, and not wanting to fight and not being able to fight are two different things, you know.
Old March 15, 2003, 21:37   #52
Auwi
Settler

Man, that scenario would make a really cool computer game! Just make an entire game around that one scenario. You could play either side. And just think how controversial it would be!

I think the Anti-American forces would have to fight very carefully, so that the US doesn't have a good excuse to pre-empt. It would probably start out as a cold war taking 20 years or more. All sorts of political wrangling, trade sanctions, etc. to cripple America's economy, then the hostilities gradually escalate. The end game would be occupation of the entire mainland. Of course a massive propaganda campaign would be neccesary to win over the American public gradually over the course of decades. It would all be in the game. Sounds like fun to me, even though I love this country.
Old March 15, 2003, 21:57   #53
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 15:36
Quote:
Firstly, England withstood years of German Assault without cracking and without US assistance. We'd soaked up the pressure and were starting our counter attack when the US entered. I think most Historians would agree that America NOT entering WW2 would have meant a prolonged route to victory (for england) or a stalemate, England simply woudnt have lost.

Anyway, On topic.

There is no way this Alliance could overhaul America , As Vel says they coudnt ship thier troops and attack forces accross to America.

Secondly do you think the UK would stand by and let our good friends in America suffer?? Look at the Force we're ready to send to the gulf, that alone would wipe out France and Germany combined.

Thirdly, how many countries would sell thier values for some good American Dollars?? America has so much Wealth it could buy a whole heap of Powers, who do you think Japan would ally with? Thier rich neighbours of America, or this supposed Alliance and be the first to have thier arses kicked!

On a Final point, while economically those powers suggested might add up to something, Military speaking the only country there of any note is Russia, who are light years behind the US.

Quote:
Consider the fact, that you only need one cruise missile to take out any naval vessel, and it should even the ods on naval warfare.
anti-missile defenses such as Phalanx Chain Guns onboard ships in a carrier group can pretty well protect the fleet from cruise missile attack, tho a barage could penetrate, this is true. Missile defenses are improving everyday.
Old March 15, 2003, 23:25   #54
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

People are forgetting another weapon......Nuclear proliferation.

Russia has many nukes. Simply selling them off to other countries and....The US' days will be limited.