Old March 13, 2003, 14:14   #31
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Local Time: 21:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hang in UberKrux! Remember, 'this too shall pass'. Thanks for the good advice.

Tass, it's like they found the road to funny.

Zkribbler, I don't giggle, that's unmanly. I get a huge grin, in a sort of statesmanlike manner.

CtG, I've heard of people that don't react to novocaine, but these days they don't use it anymore. I don't know what they call it, but it's new.
Old March 13, 2003, 14:48   #32
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I had one. No big deal. It will hurt a bit for a couple of days and that's it.

What i'm really afraid of is wisdom teeth extraction.
3 of mine grew pretty much simultaneously in the last year, but I have this nasty feeling that the last one is going to cause lots of problems.
Old March 13, 2003, 15:22   #33
Az
Emperor

I had a root canal a couple of months ago, and a gum tissue removal through burning a couple of days ago.

No sweat. really!

It's no biggie. Just grasp to something, and think about something else. sometimes it will hurt, but a grown-up should handle it.
Old March 13, 2003, 15:24   #34
Az
Emperor

Oh, provost, say, is there any way to make N2O in the privacy of one's home? It should be a very simple reaction! ( just don't want to create polluting nitrates, instead. )
Old March 13, 2003, 15:34   #35
lightblue
Warlord

Local Time: 22:37
Not completely related but for another "interesting" pain experience, I can recommend disloctaing your jaw and getting it relocated. I dislocated by yawning which is a source of great amusements to my friends.

This being at 4am on Sunday morning in a British NHS hospital they at first didn't bother with such luxuries as muscle relaxants/pain killers, as they assumed I was pissed up because my talking wasn't making much sense (duh!). So the attendant comes in sticks his thumbs on my molars, tells me to push my head against the wall and start pulling it down and out. He pushes so hard that my teeth cut through the first layer of his glove but my jaw didn't go anywhere. As you can imagine the pain was rather intense...

In the end they went for the more relocation technique of muscle relaxant and local anasthetic, which after another 5 minutes of pulling and wrenching results in my jaw popping back

I am not allowed to yawn for the next 6 weeks or so now, as I manage to tear a couple of ligaments in my jaw
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old March 13, 2003, 16:11   #36
Az
Emperor

( the last post was meant as a joke, If you didn't get it. )
Old March 13, 2003, 16:31   #37
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Doesn't this thread rather subvert the stereotypes of it being the Brits who have crap teeth?
I seem to recall that recently there was a survey that revealed we have some of the best levels of dental health in the world, contrary to former belief
Old March 13, 2003, 16:45   #38
Az
Emperor

I don't know about dental health, but you sure don't visit the dentist too often.

[/desperate attempt to take a shot at the brits]