Old March 13, 2003, 03:59   #1
SeveB
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Blank Apolyton Research Screen
I'm in the middle of a MP LAN game, and have hit a bug whereby my available research projects is completely blank.

I've had a search through the forums, and from what I can tell, there is some screen at the start of MP where you can choose ages or something, but it is hidden, so the tech is stuck in a certain age.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for this? And more importantly, can it be applied to a save game?

Thanks!
Old March 13, 2003, 05:41   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 22:38
Without looking at the scenario editor now, i think you might be able to open the game in the scenario editor and change the maximum age to "Diamond" (or whatever the maximum age is or whichever age you want to research upto)

To open a MP game in the scenario editor you need to move the save game to the "Game" folder (because you cant use the cheat menu in MP), youll find the save of your LAN game in the MP folder. When you change it exit the scenario editor, save the game and move to to the MP folder again to continue the game, theres no guarantee it wont cause some weird effects so backup the save just in case you wanna continue with the limited research age.

Last edited by Maquiladora; March 13, 2003 at 05:47.
Old March 13, 2003, 06:54   #3
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 23:38
I’ve had this problem before, and in my case, I had the game set to play right through. It usually happens at one of the bottleneck techs . The only workaround I know of, is to give yourself the very next advance after the bottleneck by using the cheat menu.