Old March 13, 2003, 05:18   #1
Killazer
Warlord

Local Time: 21:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Auto-bombard is broken in PTW1.21
auto-bombard doesnt work unless you uncheck the 'cancel orders on enemy' from the preferences. Thing is when enemy appears I want it to cancel so If I leave it unchecked it can cause problems. Having to manually bombard every turn is a major pain when you have 200+ destroyers,battleships etc. Please fix
Old March 13, 2003, 11:49   #2
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 14:38
Continous Bombard in PTW 1.21 works when involving naval vs. adjacent ground units. Artillery vs. adjacent ground units still does not work.

I was pleasantly surprised with the naval units, but when I tested with ground units I was semi-disappointed.
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old March 13, 2003, 14:11   #3
minke19104
Warlord

How do u auto bombard??

I've heard this a lot of times... I have 1.21 PTW..

Does this mean you can select a number of altillery and click something so that they all bombard a tile/unit one after the other??
Old March 13, 2003, 16:58   #4
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

NO, minke.
There is no such thing, other than in wish lists.
Arrian or Theseus came up with a technique of being nimble with the mouse and keyboard, but I don't think even that works anymore.
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old March 13, 2003, 17:10   #5
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by minke19104
How do u auto bombard??

I've heard this a lot of times... I have 1.21 PTW..

Does this mean you can select a number of altillery and click something so that they all bombard a tile/unit one after the other??
You press Shift-B then select your target. What it does is cause your bombard units to keep firing on that same target, turn after turn, until there is nothing left to bombard. Or until an enemy unit comes next to it if you don't deselect that preference that was mentioned. I really don't understand why they didn't fix that, it's an annoying bug.

I also found out that it doesn't work with terrain bombardment, only units and cities.
Old March 14, 2003, 02:55   #6
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:38
Just when you thought it was safe to play PTW multiplayer...

There goes my warmongering patience...right out the window

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old March 14, 2003, 11:38   #7
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
Just when you thought it was safe to play PTW multiplayer...

There goes my warmongering patience...right out the window
It's not as bad as it sounds. As long as you keep a good eye on your troops and positions, there shouldn't be a problem. I've only lost one unit because it ignored an enemy as it was going past it; for the most part I'm able to stop them manually. It's mainly a question of paying attention.
Old March 15, 2003, 12:12   #8
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 17:38
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaybe
NO, minke.
There is no such thing, other than in wish lists.
Arrian or Theseus came up with a technique of being nimble with the mouse and keyboard, but I don't think even that works anymore.
It still works, just slightly slowed down.

MASS BOMBARD - GROUND UNITS

1) Put the target reticle on the target tile.
2) Hold down 'b'.
3) Start clicking, spaced at appr. one second (I use click-one one thousand - click-two one thousand - etc.), for the number of bombards units you want at a go.

If you click too fast, you get the "take me to your leader" dialogue box.

I have used this for up to 30 Arty. It's not as much fun as before, where you could just click wildly away, but it is effective and efficient. And I love sitting back and watching the mass destruction that takes place...

Mass bombard for naval units is beyond a pain in the @ss, so I'v taken to using continuous, which I also confirm works just fine, even with enemy wake up turned on.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old March 28, 2003, 17:59   #9
Dida
Prince

Auto Bombard is a totally stupid idea.
They should just add in a feature that's like 'move all unit of same type', but only this time, it's 'issue command to all unit of same type', so u selete ur stack of gazillion arts, and click 'issue group command' and click 'bombard', select target tile, they all fire at the same target. This is nice and easy to do, even first year programming students knows how to do this.
Come on Firaxis! gets your lazy ass together and do some real things.

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.