Old March 25, 2003, 13:33   #31
Doomreaver
Settler

Local Time: 21:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
7:00 PM GMT on Sunday is fine with me. I'm usually on the computer at that time.

Current factions:
  • Doomreaver - Pirates
  • Auric Boil - Buccaneers
  • Lazerus - Usurpers
  • Arcainite - Believers
  • 3 Computerized factions, not yet determined

Anyone want a faction changed, please post here.

I'm fine with Nerve Gas being pushed up to Singularity Mechanics, unless others are opposed to that.
Old March 25, 2003, 15:32   #32
Auric Boil
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:40
7:00 pm GMT on sunday is ok for me too!
I´m ready to play!

For the three factions, here is my opinion (people, please argue and lets decide this until Sunday then)

1) Santiago (agressive)

2) Morgan (cooperative)

3) Roze or Domai (neutral)
"Kri`lan taught me of the resonance and how to feel it. After much training, I could see - the very surface under our feet, Planet Itself - is a living, fluctuating nexus of energy, violent, beautiful and quite unstable. And I could feel its cousins - distant mirrors on the other side of the space time continuum - the far-flung Manifolds"

Prophet Cha Daw
"The Betrayer and I"
Old March 25, 2003, 21:58   #33
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 16:40
Oh, so Lazerus is playing Usurpers?
Ok, then I still want to play the Caretakers! Sorry about all my waffling. As I said, if I am stuck with the Believers, I'm fine with that. 7pm GMT on Sunday is fine with me. Where do we meet for this, because I've never done a live multiplayer game before....even though I've wanted to!
For computer factions, might I suggest:
Santiago, Morgan, and Roze. With these three, you have a wide range of specialties and spice for the game.
Arcainite
Old March 26, 2003, 07:41   #34
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 22:40
just be online at the time and doomreaver will send you the ip by e-mail or something. Then its a simple case of loading the game, mulitplayer, ip game and typing it in and voila you'll appear in a room with every1 else ready to start.
You don't want to be my friend arci ?
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; March 26, 2003 at 10:59.
Old March 26, 2003, 13:56   #35
Doomreaver
Settler

Okay, current factions, with E-Mail addresses:

Last edited by Doomreaver; March 27, 2003 at 14:55.
Old March 26, 2003, 14:27   #36
Lazerus
King

Googlie if you read this again i've got a question:

will changing the prereq for nerve gas affect other games that im in which have already started? ie, i haven't reached HEC yet in a pbem and i was wondering if changing the abilities line now might cause problems with that?
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 26, 2003, 15:07   #37
Auric Boil
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

mysticmystere@uol.com.br
"Kri`lan taught me of the resonance and how to feel it. After much training, I could see - the very surface under our feet, Planet Itself - is a living, fluctuating nexus of energy, violent, beautiful and quite unstable. And I could feel its cousins - distant mirrors on the other side of the space time continuum - the far-flung Manifolds"

Prophet Cha Daw
"The Betrayer and I"
Old March 30, 2003, 02:27   #38
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 16:40
Emergency...
We had a guy quit at work and I have to work on this Sunday now. With any luck I can get off early, but I won't be on as early as 7pm GMT which is 2pm EST I believe...Any chance of pushing it back at LEAST an hour and preferably more or worse...postponing? I really need the hours at work and they need me too.
Arcainite
Old March 30, 2003, 07:27   #39
Lazerus
King

Well I've got college the next morning but i suppose i could wait 2hrs or so but i'll not be able to stay up past 1am, need some sleep since ive got a practical chemistry exam the next day.
Old March 30, 2003, 08:53   #40
Doomreaver
Settler

I'm willing to push it back 2 hours. I hope to see you in the game 4:00 EST, 9:00 GMT.
Old March 30, 2003, 16:09   #41
Lazerus
King

You guys start ? I turned up late thanks to my god damn sister ... next time she sticks that video tape on to record some crappy tv show its going to get myseteriously turned off i swear
Old March 30, 2003, 16:43   #42
Lazerus
King

well i'll hang around playing age of empires for another 30mins just incase people had planned GMT by apolyton which is an hour slow or every1 had problems getting here on time ... hope can just find any1 i want an ip game against other players lol
Old March 30, 2003, 16:56   #43
Doomreaver
Settler

Starting: Game: Now.
Old March 30, 2003, 16:57   #44
Lazerus
King

lol its 10pm GMT now i've got 3 ... 4 hours pushing it ! auric boil is online now aswell with me, don't know about arci

Also what i was talking about with Auric, since many people are in other games and are now unsure of editing the texts for nerve gas since it affects other games then if we use aliens shall we just ignore it until sing. mechanics comes up, any1 breaking this gets war declared on them by the others ?

ps, Doom if your on dial-up then your ip has changed i cant get in

Last edited by Lazerus; March 30, 2003 at 17:03.
Old March 30, 2003, 17:01   #45
Auric Boil
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Hey Doom, just send your IP to my e-mail or private message... I´m ready here!

Prophet Cha Daw
"The Betrayer and I"
Old March 30, 2003, 20:54   #46
Lazerus
King

Well the game has started (sorry you missed out arci we waited until 22:30 GMT )

Thanks god i went back to being the Hive, monsoon jungle and mineral bonuses nearby mean its only around 2150 and i've already snatched a SP

We going to start a seperate thread for the PBEM part now btw ? also do you guys wanna continue every sunday same time ? we've flew through most of the opening part thats normally (quite alot happened in this lol) boring and takes months via mail.
Old March 31, 2003, 14:15   #47
Doomreaver
Settler

I've completed my turn and sent it off to Lazerus. Don't ask me what the year number was, because I have no idea.

I like the idea of continuing with IP when we all have the time. That will make this game go much more quickly.
Old March 31, 2003, 15:01   #48
Lazerus
King

Set up a new thread for the turns.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=82267

turn 2144 sent to Auric