Old March 15, 2003, 02:01   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 13:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
If I were a terrorist...
If I was a terrorist (which I'm definitely not, I don't hate the US or anyone for that matter and I'm peaceful) I'd tell the United States that if the invaded Iraq something awful would happen. Then when they did, I set off a nuclear device in Amsterdam. Very tightly packed, which would equal lots of deaths, and a nuclear device would destroy a lot of the dikes there. I have never been anywhere near Holland so if Amsterdam isn't near a lot of dikes that's not the city I'm thinking of. A large, tightly packed Dutch city near a ton of dikes is what I'd set the bomb in. Then, a couple of hours later I'd set one off off the coast of Holland. It would create huge tidal waves that would crash into the low country and because of their ruined dikes would cause a lot of flooding which would in turn cause a whole lot more damage and death.

Or, I'd go to where that Ebola outbreak is happening, go to a poor, Ebola ridden village in that country and find a victim of it and put his blood in a vile. I'd then travel to New York, infect myself with it, and walk around in public areas such as the subway til I died. It would be enough to infect the US with the disease and cause millions of deaths.

What would you do if you were a terrorist.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old March 15, 2003, 02:12   #2
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 14:47
crash a plane into the white house. which i did in 1998 while visiting the smithsonian and there was a Microsoft flight simulator with washington as the city set up, with the display put on a large screen. when i did it everyone laughed and laughed. my how times have changed.
Old March 15, 2003, 02:25   #3
DuncanK
Warlord

Local Time: 13:47
If they were smart they would attack the malls.
Old March 15, 2003, 02:28   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 21:47
If I were a terrorist I'd flee to Pakistan.
Old March 15, 2003, 02:46   #5
Oerdin
Deity

Double post.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old March 15, 2003, 02:47   #6
Oerdin
Deity

I hear Pakistan has become passe amoung the terrorist elites now since there are all of those pesky police and CIA agents running around. The lastest thing is to hang out in Iran.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old March 15, 2003, 03:56   #7
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

If I was a terrorist I would not bomb american if they invaded Iraq.

I would be shocked that we can not manipulate america like we have been for years under democratic leadership. I would be shocked that America has stronger leadership and our fear tactics are not working.

I would then regroup and plan an attack under a democratic president. The only democratic president who is halfway decent is Joe Lieberman. I would not attack with him as president.

Hillary Clinton for president!
Old March 15, 2003, 05:47   #8
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 00:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I would attack Russia and make it look like it was the Americans.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old March 15, 2003, 05:55   #9
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 05:47
If I were a terrorist, I will send a letter of thanks to GWB when he invades Iraq. Afterall, he is doing my job. Good man
Old March 15, 2003, 07:15   #10
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Im pretty sure that terrorists dont have any nukes and will be a while before they do. Im also under the impression that there is probably a way for the signature given off by fiscile material such as Uranium 233 etc to be tracked via its heat signature, though if broken into smaller amounts maybe not?

If I were a terrorist and had the resources of groups such as Al Kaida, IRA, Hamas etc then im sure it wouldnt be hard to continually mount operations of mass murder at will, especially if you have access to suicide bombers.

Organisations such as IRA were more local and I dont believe they ever were ghoulish enough or had the will to contemplate mass murder on the scale of 9/11, and it certainly wouldnt further their cause.

Its clearly very difficult to prevent terrorist attacks and I think we should congratulate out governments and intelligence services that there have only been a few successful ones.

As far as ideas go, all you need is a bit of imagination. Im no terrorist and im not going to go give them any food for thought by giving them any inside (westerner) knowledge here.

Finally, I remember someone said after 9/11 "the terrorists only need to be successful 1% or the time, to defend against them we need to be successful 100% of the time" (which target would you prefer to try and achieve?, clearly we have a difficult job ahead). As a worldwide community we need to pull together to defeat these 8astards at every level.
Old March 15, 2003, 07:32   #11
Ari Rahikkala
King

If I were a terrorist, I would submit my plans to Apolyton for critique to make sure they're feasible .
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old March 15, 2003, 08:00   #12
lightblue
Warlord

Local Time: 22:47
I think it is more likely that would go after the US or the UK than the Netherlands, especially in light of the impending attack on Iraq, which although supported by the Dutch, they are not actively involved in afaik.

As for the style of attack, I'd think that they'd want to go for maximum terror, rather than maximum casualties. Launching a chemical attack in the public transport system of a medium to large city would accomplish this. The casualty rate would be fairly low (10-100ish) but the sheer terror effect, and the coverage it would get, would ensure maximum benefit for minimum investment. Or they could launch suicide bomber attacks in the style that the Palestinians use against the Israelis. One suicide bomber in a secondary city such as Liverpool, Philadelphia, San Fransisco, Des Moines or a city like that, would set off massive paranoia and would result in revenge actions against innocent Arabs, thus creating civil unrest...
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old March 15, 2003, 09:39   #13
Az
Emperor

I presume we're meaning a muslim terrorist...

If I were a terrorist I'd try to make a coup in a muslim country.
Old March 15, 2003, 10:13   #14
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

id unleash a dancing mingbot 3000
Old March 15, 2003, 10:18   #15
Az
Emperor

LOL.
Old March 15, 2003, 12:32   #16
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:47
I'd probably rat OBL out for the reward.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old March 15, 2003, 12:38   #17
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

I'd sell out the location of my superiors for nineteen million dollars.

(Wow, these new contact lenses of mine apparently let me ignore DinDoc's posts the first time I see them Added bonus!!! )
Old March 15, 2003, 13:59   #18
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

I'd buy a nuke from Pakistan and nuke America with it.

Or use a dirty bomb in NYC subway. Or anthrax. Or smallpox. I would be quite easy I believe to do that.
Old March 15, 2003, 14:33   #19
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:47
There was a thread like this some time ago and it got canned.

Postia ante deletia
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old March 15, 2003, 14:35   #20
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
I'd buy a nuke from Pakistan and nuke America with it.
Idiot. Rat out your superiors and be rich.
Old March 16, 2003, 22:29   #21
red_jon
NationStates
King

Surely celebrity deaths would be noticed more?

Ohh Bruce Williiiiiiiiiiis...

(please note that I do not actually condone the death of Bruce Willis, real or imagined, or any other irritating, balding, overrated actors)
Old March 16, 2003, 23:30   #22
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc

Idiot. Rat out your superiors and be rich.
Or blackmail america and be rich. Whichever.
Old March 16, 2003, 23:53   #23
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

I know what I would do...

I would just close threads like this one.