Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 15, 2003, 05:05   #1
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ELECTION: Minister of Infrastructure
We have two Lemurian Citizens standing for this position, by the name of Immortal Wombat and miggio

You can either vote Immortal Wombat (thus giving your support to Immortal Wombat ), miggio (thus giving your support to miggio), or ABSTAIN (thus declaring your vote invalid)

This election will end at Thursday, March 20 22:00 New Zealand Daylights Savings Time (21:00 Greenwich Meridian time)
Old March 15, 2003, 12:59   #2
miggio
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 21:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The reason I would like to be MoI is because I would like to see our nation have a national road network and build some farms in our low growth cities such as mapfipoilis. This war is starting to seem distant, and in order to maintain long supply lines we have to have a road network.

Our army is growing stronger with every passing moment, and soon we will have a steady flow of public works to use.

Vote Miggio for Minister of Infrastructure!
Old March 15, 2003, 15:32   #3
ískallin
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 09:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
IW gets my vote.
Goodluck IW !!
Old March 15, 2003, 17:11   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 23:48
Yeah what do the candidates about my roadnetwork suggestion, are the candidates for the realization?

-Martin
Old March 16, 2003, 05:43   #5
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 22:48
I personally would love to see a national road network, obviously concentrating on bringing the units from production centres to the front lines, and in areas where there is no river to increase unit movement.

re: Martin's plan: It is ambitious, and possibly good as the eventual aim, but I think at the moment there are other things to spend PW on rather than complete this in full. In the top screenshot, there is one superflous road, south east of Pressburg. In the second, the entire blue line can be replaced by "roading" the two tiles due south of H Town. Because the map is isometric, this is the same distance in terms of movement points, and about 180PW cheaper. By diverting the route in the first screenshot slightly to the right, we can even solve the two routes with one road.

Finally, the roads east are unneccessary at the moment, because the river provides ample speed of movement, given the cost of expansions.

I believe I could have a usable, efficient road network from Wels to Pedrunnia for 780 PW.

After this, growth is the most important priority - citizens means resources. Rather than improving growth in the small cities, which will grow anyway, I will attempt to grow some super-cities with our largest cities, to ensure they keep growing past the doldrum stage of growth. These can churn out science at a fantastic rate, and keep us well ahead of the game.

As well as this, if the PW is available, I would push for trading posts in the forested areas where mines and farms cannot be placed, to get the absolute best from our land.
Old March 16, 2003, 07:10   #6
Qantrix
Call to Power II Democracy GameNationStates
Settler

Immortal Wombat will get my vote, in other discussions he made some good statements and i think he will become a good MoI.
Old March 16, 2003, 13:30   #7
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Qantrix
Immortal Wombat will get my vote, in other discussions he made some good statements and i think he will become a good MoI.
Before I vote I like to hear what miggio has to say about Immortal Wombat's ideas and my plan. I think also miggio has be given the change to be heard.

-Martin
Old March 18, 2003, 10:18   #8
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Yeah, I'd like to hear miggio's response as well. If I don't hear it, my vote goes to IW...
Old March 18, 2003, 15:11   #9
miggio
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
I personally would love to see a national road network, obviously concentrating on bringing the units from production centres to the front lines, and in areas where there is no river to increase unit movement.
With this I couldnt agree more.

Quote:
re: Martin's plan: It is ambitious, and possibly good as the eventual aim, but I think at the moment there are other things to spend PW on rather than complete this in full. In the top screenshot, there is one superflous road, south east of Pressburg. In the second, the entire blue line can be replaced by "roading" the two tiles due south of H Town. Because the map is isometric, this is the same distance in terms of movement points, and about 180PW cheaper. By diverting the route in the first screenshot slightly to the right, we can even solve the two routes with one road.
Hear is where I differ a little,
We can connect Wels Pressburg and H town in six road tiles (360 PW) by starting from Wels following the river to the farm east of pressburg(connecting the two cities), then building one tile directly south from the farm east of pressburg(connecting Htown to press burg and wels)

The seperate roads from H town to pedrunnia and Graz to pedrunnia are needless. The road that should be placed for that area should be, Road from pressburg goes right though H town (instead of building past Htown), then from there build road on the farm inbetween the 2 rivers near Graz and Htown. Then continue south on the corner river tile adjacent to the forests NE of graz. Then follow the river to graz (one more road tile on the river to Graz). Continue to pedrunnia via the route inbetween the forests (on the grassland not the river from the corner river tile near graz). A total of eight road tiles to connect graz Htown and pedrunnia (480 PW since they are all on grass lands)

Finally finishing the road network (connecting pedrunnia, colonia locuta, and mapfipoilis) as martin demostrated in his thread for 500 PW

Quote:
Finally, the roads east are unneccessary at the moment, because the river provides ample speed of movement, given the cost of expansions.
I disagree here, The roads connecting mapfipoilis and colonia locuta to pedrunnia are important because they reduce distance from capital, and if those cities need help defensivly they can get it fast. But I belive that this part of the road network is not as important as the rest, but still good.

Quote:
I believe I could have a usable, efficient road network from Wels to Pedrunnia for 780 PW.
Using my modifcations we can have a full road network from Wels to mapfipoilis for 1340 PW (if we dont include wels it would be for 1040 PW form pressburg to mapfipoilis)

Quote:
As well as this, if the PW is available, I would push for trading posts in the forested areas where mines and farms cannot be placed, to get the absolute best from our land.
This is a must and should be expected of the Minister of Infrastructure.

I belive in making all of our cities super cities (to quote IW) it is nessisary to maximize all of our cities to the best of their potential.

Last edited by miggio; March 18, 2003 at 15:16.
Old March 18, 2003, 18:35   #10
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I think you just reiterated the system that I was endeavouring to propose in my opening post. I am glad that we both agree it is the best.
Quote:
A total of eight road tiles to connect graz Htown and pedrunnia (480 PW since they are all on grass lands)
I make it 7...

Anyway, to lay out a clear list of priorities for direct comparison:
  1. Road network Wels to Pedrunnia
  2. Growth in H Town, Pedrunnia and Graz
  3. Road network eastwards and growth in outlying cities - particularly mapfipolis and Wels, which could be useful production centres (depending on our frontline situation at the time: like where it is, and where units will be coming from)
  4. Commerce and in H Town, Pedrunnia and Graz
Old March 20, 2003, 16:17   #11
miggio
Warlord

opps I miss counter its 7...
Old March 20, 2003, 16:20   #12
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Congrats to Immortal Wombat I'm sure he'll do a good job...

Miggio,
Tough luck, better luck next time... Now you lost here, you might as well sign up for MoDST
Old March 20, 2003, 18:53   #13
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Much more suited to me than MoDST I think. I hope I can serve our nation well and ensure our vital infrastructure is adequate, and indeed superbly beneficial for our civilisation's future properity.

Well fought miggio better luck next time
Old March 20, 2003, 19:14   #14
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Congratulations Ben,

now you can tell me were we should build our roads, farms, mines and trading posts.

-Martin
Old March 21, 2003, 05:03   #15
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

congratulation IW.