View Poll Results: Who shall be president?
MrWhereItsAt 10 41.67%
UnOrthOdOx 11 45.83%
Aro 3 12.50%
Banana/Abstain 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 15, 2003, 14:19   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Term X Presidential Election: Runoff
Runoff ends in 3 days, on 3/18. If no candidate receives a majority, the Court will decide what to do.

The Candidates:
MrWhereItsAt

EDIT: Aro has withdrawn from the election. Votes for him will be counted as abstentions.

EDIT: UnOrthOdOx has also withdrawn! MrWhereItsAt is the new president, and this election is closed.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; March 16, 2003 at 09:08.
Old March 15, 2003, 14:35   #2
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:49
Let me congratulate all three. You have produced the best presidential race in our history. This is also perhaps the hardest vote I've had to make and might have to use the "three coin toss" to decide. I throw a coin three times and the odd result wins. Good Luck.
Aggie
Old March 15, 2003, 15:03   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 16:49
All three canidates are excellent. It will be an honor to end the game under any of these three .

-- adaMada
Old March 15, 2003, 16:18   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:49
Folks, thanks a lot. I'll try to make it easy for everybody...

I hereby announce my withdraw from the runoff.

Honestly, I'm honored to be in such good company, but you have already the best candidates for the job, and would be a waste if you don't vote in one of them... Good luck to both!
Old March 15, 2003, 16:27   #5
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:49
The Banana is back! I am astonished. A religious revival!

Mitchell must be glad now.

Aidun.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 15, 2003, 18:16   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

This poll has now become a mere technicality, and

I hereby announce my withdrawl from the Runoff poll

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 15, 2003, 18:56   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

But... UnOrthO, you are ahead... It's not a technicality! And I didn't vote yet!
Old March 15, 2003, 20:08   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

But it is, at least in my eyes.

Both MrWIA and I are each other's VP's (unless he has changed his mind) and we both have the same basic plan.

I cannot explain the reasons why to most people, but I see P and VP as the same position, not one over the other. In fact, I personally find VP to be more satisfying for reasons that would only confuse most people. So, it is thus now a technicality, and I resign.

btw, your PM box is full, have you tried changing the # of days shown on the top left to say 'from the beginning'?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 15, 2003, 20:15   #9
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Ok, I understand... well, we have an excellent team now, for sure. MWIA, UnOrthO, Togas, Aggie and Aidun... It's a Dream Team!
Oh, I'll empty my PM box right now. Sorry...
Old March 16, 2003, 21:58   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yikes! Just as I don't check for a day or two and what happens?

At least there was a good, contested election this time.

Aro, UnOrthOdOx - you guys would have to be the two Demo Gamers here who have kept the fun aspect of things in mind the whole time. Thanks for making this a fun time, and I hope and imagine both of you will be right there when it's time to finally draw the curtain on this game.

So... a resurrection of most of Term 3, with the same Prez, VP (yes UnOrthO is my pick), FAM, SMC but Government is leaner than it was back then. We no longer have Ministers of Public Works, Imperial Expansion, Science and Economy and no City Planner or any of these positions' deputies.

Thus I just want to take a moment to remember the contribution of these guys, and how they hooked me into staying involved in this game. WhiteBandit, GodKing, Will 5001, Apocalypse, Donal Graeme, Spiffor, OPD, jdjdjd, rendelnep, Darkness' Edge, UberKruX, Gepap, adaMada - all members of the Term 3 Admin; cheers guys.

Instead of them we have Aidun as the Domestic Minister as governed by the NewCon, and from what I have seen so far of him and his work in Term 9, this would be a term to remember. That is if we actually expected it to go for longer than a week.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; March 16, 2003 at 22:37.
Old March 16, 2003, 22:23   #11
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Thanks, MWIA. I'll be there to win.
Btw, as Upper and Lower Germany RA, I'm part of this government, too. I'm honored.
Old March 16, 2003, 22:48   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Thanks, MWIA. I'll be there to win.
Btw, as Upper and Lower Germany RA, I'm part of this government, too. I'm honored.
Hey! That's right - the RGs.

Ecstatic to see that you are stuck here with us, Aro.

Old March 16, 2003, 23:34   #13
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

If only my election was this simple...

Congratulations MrWhereItsAt, from your Fanatikan counterpart.
Old March 16, 2003, 23:42   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Octavian - cheers! That really does mean something, coming from the next-best Demo game.

Are you in elections right now?

Permit me to drop in and say hi to your citizens sometime...?

Old March 16, 2003, 23:45   #15
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 17:49
Congrats Mwia, let me know when you're going to hold the last turnchat.
Old March 17, 2003, 09:56   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Thanks Trip - there will be one this week likely by UnOrthO to prepare for the vote (AKA Operation Promise Foreign Aid for UN Vote In Our Favour..... hmmmm...... I won't say it... ), and then aimed at the weekend is the vote chat.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Old March 17, 2003, 10:13   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
If only my election was this simple...

Congratulations MrWhereItsAt, from your Fanatikan counterpart.
You just need to get a bunch of people to run for office over there that have no ego problems.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby