Old March 16, 2003, 10:08   #31
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 14:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
im not afraid of terrorists. im more concerned about kneejerk reactions of people who are afraid of terrorists
Old March 16, 2003, 10:11   #32
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
how many times do I have to say it.

You cannot go through life fearing terrorism

Many of these anti-war protestors say we shouldn't go to war because we would cause more terrorist attacks. They are a bunch of pussies. There I said it. Many of these anti-war people have nothing against violence. In fact many of them are violent themselves. They are just pussies who fear terrorism.

I live in a pretty good target city. And you don't see me scared. And I admit I do fear some things in life. But terrorism is not one of them.
by the same token you could say that going to war is an action of fear because we havent actually been attacked by saddam. its the fear of it that is driving the administration.
Old March 16, 2003, 13:32   #33
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 15:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
I lived my whole life in cities 500,000 and above. Now, two years ago, I moved to the country, to a village with 2,500 inhabitants. Not because I fear terrorists, but because I am sick of noise, smog and traffic jam. Life is so much better here, and if I want some action or night life, I have 5 cities within 30 minutes car drive.
Opportunities like that in the US are rare. Within 30 minutes of some major city ussually means deep in the suburbs, which is really not the same thing as being in a small town. Within 30 minutes of Manhattan,the only chances you get for small town living actually seem to come from Islands within city limits that just happen to be a bit isolated, like City island.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old March 16, 2003, 13:38   #34
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 23:49
Maybe Michael Moore's analysis of the american problem in "Bowling for Columbine" hits the spot. You american goes around being scared all the time and that rules your lives.
Old March 16, 2003, 13:52   #35
Sten Sture
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
While I think it is unlikely that anyone but the North Koreans whould target me personally, it is dark fun to try to strategize about where the risks are in a city.

Given the strong offshore winds and my proximity to the coast, the only non-nuke incident that threatens me directly would be some type of cargo ship offshore releasing some toxin. With 30 knot winds not too unusual, dispersal would be technically problematic.

On the other hand, an actual nuke would probably be set off within a half mile of my house because of the terrain, and the wind. Then again if the NKs launched a missle, directed at this location, they would be just as likely to put the warhead on Lancers head, so if I were you Lance, I would move to the target location - they aren't going to hit the bulleye!
Old March 16, 2003, 14:00   #36
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

we're going to war for the oil. It has nothing to do with fearing his biological/chemical weapons. Also we are going to war to do what we should have done 12 years ago.

Yeah I sometimes wonder about the North Koreans hitting the Hoover dam by my house. It wouldn't kill me of course. So I don't fear it. But economically it would cripple our region.