Old March 17, 2003, 00:02   #61
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I said it before and I'll say it again. Spammer.

Old March 17, 2003, 00:05   #62
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 21:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Frozzy
I said it before and I'll say it again. Spammer.

Says the one from New Zealand.

Says the one who has naked men in his avatar

Says......FROZZY of all people!!!
Old March 17, 2003, 00:06   #63
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 17:50
And you say I spam???
Old March 17, 2003, 00:07   #64
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
And you say I spam???
YES!!!!

Truth hurts, doesnt it?!?!?!
Old March 17, 2003, 00:16   #65
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:50
I'm just too nice a guy to spam my way up the rankings.
Old March 17, 2003, 02:30   #66
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 23:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Can't deny the format of the poll was great. Almost too good to have come from me It's been reused dozens of times afterwards (mostly by myself though )
I was thinking of making a php script for sush a poll, but I'm not sure that it's worth the time...

...However, you could host a Who to PCR next poll in the staff room
Old March 17, 2003, 11:04   #67
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 16:50
Quote:

And with this post, I become the new #20 poster at Apolyton.net.

129 days... right.

aren't these announcing post count milestone posts a reason for a pcr?
Old March 17, 2003, 12:30   #68
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
aren't these announcing post count milestone posts a reason for a pcr?
It's seriously being considered. The number of complaints about his spamming is on the rise...
Old March 17, 2003, 12:48   #69
VJ
King

Quote:
Posted 01:54, by trip:
You're only making the problem worse.
Quote:
Posted 01:55, by trip:
I'll call that bet. To be honest, I wish I instead had more of a life to worry about.
Oh, please, Mr. Ming, give him a 5% PCR!

Last edited by VJ; March 17, 2003 at 13:31.
Old March 17, 2003, 13:02   #70
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Trip, you rock irregardless of your post-count. Your work with HoI shall never be forgotten.
Old March 17, 2003, 13:26   #71
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

It's seriously being considered. The number of complaints about his spamming is on the rise...
How many complaints do you normally recieve a day. And what percentage are considered reasonable i.e Not "Why was my 'Spamfest 2003 thread' closed?".
Old March 17, 2003, 13:54   #72
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

It varies... but I sometimes get 30 or more complaints a day via ICQ... EMail... PM's... and the report post button.

I've already gotten 10 today, and it's still early.

And yes, whenever I take ANY action, I usually get the standard "why did you close/delete my thread"... but that is based soley on how many threads I close or delete in a day. It's not really a high percentage.

The majority are "isn't that a personal insult"... "what does that have to do with this thread"... "this guy is just spamming"... "isn't that a hate post"... and stuff like that.
Old March 17, 2003, 15:09   #73
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by St Leo
Trip, you rock irregardless of your post-count. Your work with HoI shall never be forgotten.
Thanks Leo. Sometimes people fail to realize that I do more than post at Apolyton.

So far my posts in this thread have either been in response to something someone has said about me, or in response to a general issue in the thread. Despite what people are willing to admit, I know that many people are either jealous of my PC or of the accolade I've gotten because of it and would like to see me get a PCR for that reason. I've even heard that said directly by some people before.

And on that note, I bid this thread adieu so I don't get accused of spamming.
Old March 17, 2003, 15:30   #74
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
And on that note, I bid this thread adieu so I don't get accused of spamming.
Don't worry... you spam in enough other threads that you stopping in this thread isn't going to change anything. A few more complaint and you will get a PCR.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:00   #75
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 00:50
Hehe, this is fun. Heck, I thought of myself a spammer when I posted like 120 times a week... well, not anymore, now I'm back to being a little silent drone.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:13   #76
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Well I'm impressed and slightly scared by this, DC. Allow me to correct a couple of points on my own entry.

I'm not over 40. Now I realise you're at the mercy of your sources and this is not your fault. Just give me his name, I'll set the dogs on him and we'll say no more of it. I'm actually 32.

Secondly, to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever interviewed me. If they have, I must have been bladdered at the time because I've absolutely no memory of it. I suspect that people are getting confused by the fact that I once interviewed AH for a "Faces" article that was rejected for being too rude. It was subsequently involved in a dispute over copyright that got MarkG permanently banned from ACOL.

Finally, my congratulation to whoever wrote Speer's entry. It's the funniest thing I've read in ages.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:42   #77
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Quote:
Secondly, to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever interviewed me.

Well, IIRC, Horsie recently did some sort of an "interview" post.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:57   #78
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Two questions about anal intercourse hardly amount to an interview.
Old March 17, 2003, 18:03   #79
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

now THIS I have to read!
link?
Old March 17, 2003, 20:44   #80
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Some more info on Shiber:

An Israeli teen, from Haifa. Studies in the Gifted Kids program. Is a class-mate of Sirotnikov . Knows alot about computers and computer networks.

Old March 17, 2003, 21:31   #81
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
It varies... but I sometimes get 30 or more complaints a day via ICQ... EMail... PM's... and the report post button.

I've already gotten 10 today, and it's still early.

And yes, whenever I take ANY action, I usually get the standard "why did you close/delete my thread"... but that is based soley on how many threads I close or delete in a day. It's not really a high percentage.

The majority are "isn't that a personal insult"... "what does that have to do with this thread"... "this guy is just spamming"... "isn't that a hate post"... and stuff like that.
All about Trip?
Old March 17, 2003, 21:47   #82
Ming
lifer
Retired

Nahhh... only 10 or so a day specificially about him
Old March 17, 2003, 22:07   #83
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:50
Do you get a +1 for complaining or reporting someone for spam?
Otherwise, why bother?
Old March 17, 2003, 22:34   #84
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Thanks for all the information- I'll try to respond to it all tommorrow and will add it at first opportunity!

Thanks for the great response!

---
Oh and solver, if you are checking post counts... remember when I said that you were my goal to stay around at apolyton Well... I just reached that goal!

Although my new short term one is to bypass Gramphos and my new longterm one is to stay in the Top 20... and hopefully ahead of Trip... although I have a feeling he'll pass me sometime this week
-
Old March 17, 2003, 22:40   #85
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quick Response:

ST LEO-
Quote:
He has recently (march 2003), conducted an interview with a prominent Civ II Scenario-designer for the SLM Magazine and is currently awaiting its publication.

DC, this is kind hush-hush if you know what I mean. I've leaked the news myself already, but still...
It's not as if I said WHO you were interviewing
Old March 18, 2003, 09:28   #86
Solver
lifer
Deity

Ooops, DC, there we are . Well, I haven't posted much in February, not at all for two weeks, and I only have to blame myself for that . Got to resume some posting, just in order to have you stay on the site .
Old March 18, 2003, 12:50   #87
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Who is this "Trip"?
Old March 18, 2003, 13:09   #88
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
He is the lead programmer, supporter and publicist for the game Candle’Bre, who happen to have a subset on the Apolyton Forums, much like the Stella Polaris team did. Candle’Bre is going to be an internet run game that allows people to lead nations, manage them, etc.
Is this correct about Candle'bre and vel.

DATAJACK FRANIT-

Giancarlo got bumped from the list- he never posts on-topic; so that hurts him; here's his old entry if you want it (but I won't update it since he's not really on the list :

106. Giancarlo
Former Usernames: (none known)
Famous DL's?: (none known)
Age Group: 17
Nationality: Spaniard
Lives: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Had/Has A Website: Glomar.net (Sim City 3000, Military, and empty Forums)
Contribution to Apolyton: Off-Topic

Description:
Had an avatar of Rommel, (The Desert Fox) for a time. Ultra-Nationalist.
Young far right wing Conservative Republican who wants to one day, become Governor of the state.
He also wants to throw CivNation2001 in jail.

I believe that his family came from Buenos Aires Argentina, however, I am not sure of that...

People who don't like him harrass him, and insult him, saying that he is gay, etc.

Several Apolytoners have seen him on other Bulletin Boards, such as the Sim City 3000 boards.

He eventually tired of all the abuse he was receiving because of his ultra-right wing political views and bid goodbye to Apolyton. His official words on the subject are:
Quote:
I am on self-imposed leave from Apolyton, and am still undecided whether or not I will go back.

-------

LAZARUS-
Well, you'd probbaly know better than me if PH did an interview of you or not- I do know, however for a fact that derek did an interview of PH so perhaps that was waht I was thinking of, coupled with your interview with AH.

Thanks for the comment on Speers entry, I did most of it myself, except for the last which was contributed in a previous Q&A session, which is why it's in quotations

Sirotnikov-

Thanks for the information... however, the first thing I wrote when I skimmed yours was this:

"Somehow I don't think I can trust you "

Then on a second reading, I realized you were talking about Shiber... not Speer!

SKANKY-
Quote:
It does indeed. But only for another 3 months, so I'm in the 23-year-old age group. At least, thats how I think DC has done it
Yes indeed it is- thanks for catching on

-Okay, so far, here's the list of updates:
when I make the next update, I'll update all the Spanish Apolytoners PLUS

Major/Medium Revisions: (14 entries)
#113,119,118,107,47,68,67,42,aux5,120,77,56,36,63

Minor Revisions: (5 entries)
#61,113,14,104,88

so far

--
although I am currently waiting on revising
86,77,63,14,88 until I get more people needing revision in their respective sections.
Old March 18, 2003, 13:45   #89
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Thanks for the update. Once again an excellent job

Nitpicks: I was born in 1980 (80-10-16 to be precise).

And when I say I'm not an MPer, I mean I'm not into MP at all, whether it is online, PBEM or otherwise (Though admittedly, I did work on a PBEM mod once, but that wasn't a great success)

Edit: just noticed an oddity in Paul's entry: you say he contributed to Civ2 and CtP2 but in your description you elaborately list his CtP1 accomplishments, among other things (and quite rightly so). Maybe you missed a game in the contribution section?
Old March 18, 2003, 14:08   #90
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

(my comments in bold)

11. Paul
Former Usernames: (none known) none
Famous DL's: (none known) none
Age Group: 25? 30
Nationality: Dutch
Lives: Zwolle, The Netherlands
Had/Has A Website: Civ 2 OOC OCC, not OOC
Contribution to Apolyton: Civ 2, CTP 2 and CTP 1 (and SMAC if you count playing PBEM as contributing to Apolyton)

Description:
Omnipresent poster. Writer of the Civ2 optimal Occ strategy - the OCC Paulicy. Also wrote ModSwapper for CTP2, and is an all-round CTP lover. Is Dutch, lives in Netherlands, has a website (Civ2 OCC).

Uses the word "an" a lot (You can blame Immortal Wombat for THAT useful revelation ) not sure what that's about

Some of his creations: Apolyton Pack for CtP1, MedMod for CtP1, MedMod for CtP2 I didn't create them, I just helped out, ModSwapper, ModSwitcher, CtP1-MP I obviously didn't create it . I just play PBEM. Not just CTP1, but also SMAC, CtP1-OCC Civ2 OCC, not CTP-OCC. and this is also not my creation.
(I'm 100% certain I left out a thing or two, my apologies to Paul for forgetting) that's ok, it's a lot to keep track of