Old March 15, 2003, 21:51   #1
Bartab
Settler

Local Time: 21:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Disappearing DEA's
I've been watching a planet closely, because it's beseiged, trying to make sure it will survive until I can get forces there to free it up. Early game, turn 56.

On turn 56, The planet is mostly built up,7 regions with 2 bio, 3 built mines (2 with automated mines enhancements), 1 additional mine "in progress", 2 research dea's on a rare radioactive special, 4 industry deas, a built recreation, and a gov't "planned". There are no planetary defenses (like shield, missles, fighters, etc) built yet.

Except every turn, at least one DEA will just disappear. Nothing appears on the sitrep report. No unrest. No spy activity. It's just gone. Reloading turn 56 and replaying just changes which DEA's disappear. Turning off the econ AI changes nothing.

Am I being bombarded? If so, why isn't it showing up on the sitrep?
Bartab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2003, 23:04   #2
Crostoneman
Chieftain

On the sitrep, there should be a report of that planet being attacked. If its there, you are probably being bombarded and your population is decreasing due to it. Try to pump funds into a planetary defence before you try to rebuild your DEA's because at that turn, a missile base would hold off an enemy attack.
Crostoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2003, 23:46   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:50
When you say disappear do you mean you no longer have 14 dea's? Is it that some dea's are not generating anything? If that is the case then it may be do to not having enough pop to work them. Is there any starvation?
If you are down to 13 dea's instead of 14 then maybe you have had unrest and a revolt has destroyed one. That should show up in the Sitrep though.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2003, 00:21   #4
BlueDEvil
Chieftain

I believe you may have got a financial messages which state that you were force to sell off your building due to lack of maintenance funds because of the blockade. You may have miss it. Not a common message.
BlueDEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2003, 23:33   #5
Bartab
Settler

Verified....
When I did lose DEAs, I mean that existing built DEAs disppeared entirely from the list.

I verified it was bombardment. If I stepped back to a few turns earlier, and made sure I had planetary defense when the enemy fleet arrived. Then the blockade turned from "Defeat" to "No Combat" and I did not lose any DEAs.

I definitely did not get any bombardment messages, I did not miss them. I'd consider the lack of bombardment messages a bug, personally.
Bartab is offline   Reply With Quote