Old March 16, 2003, 07:20   #1
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Domestic Ministry of Term X
Domestic Ministry

Regional Advisors and their Provinces in order of Seniority:
1. Old France Regional Governor: Godking?
2. Old Persia Regional Governor: Shiber
3. Classical Apolyton Regional Governor: Donegeal
4. Upper Apolyton Regional Governor: Kloreep
5. Uber Island Regional Governor: Panag
6. Upper Germany Regional Governor: Aro
7. Lower Germany Regional Governor: Aro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the public works (PW) is already done. If you want some public work to be done, you have to request such in your orders.

I want to concentrate on:
1. essential buildings for a strong military such like barracks and harbors if they are not yet built;
2. re-build up and strengthening of the citydefences;
3. builing a stronger offensive military, including a strong Apolitonian Navy;
4. builing hospitals to let the cities grow;
5. builing luxury-improvements such like temples, colosseums, cathedrals and other buildings that make people happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orders per Province

Old France
All civil buildings that have not completed withing 2 turns have to be ceased. Concentrate on producing tanks and bombers.
Let Macross city complete it's airport.
Former Roman cities are an exception to this order: continue building up the basic improvements such as libraries, marketplaces, harbors, etc. You are free to choose in what order you want to build these.

Old Persia
Change production from civil buildings to military production: coastal cities have to build battleships, inland cities should build tanks in first place, bombers are secondary. Build before 1450 at least 5 infantry units.
Al civil builings that are not completed within 1 turn have to be ceased and production has to be changed to to military production.
Finish the airport in the Forbidden city

Classical Apolyton
Cease all civil building that are not completed within 2 turns. Concentrate production on building Infantry.
Change production of Apolyton to Airport.

Upper Apolyton
Cease all civil buildings/workers that are not completed within 2 turns. Police Sations are an exception to the rule. Concentrate on producing tanks and bombers. Build at least 5 infantry before 1450.

Uber Isle
Build barracks in every city that has not yet build one before you build/continue any other improvements.
Build an Airport at Another Glorious City

Upper Germany
Complete all basic improvements like marketplaces, libraries, etc asap. Prepare the province for rapid industrialization. Factories have the highest priority after the basic improvements.

Lower Germany
Complete all basic improvements like marketplaces, libraries, etc asap. Prepare the province for rapid industrialization. Factories have the highest priority after the basic improvements.

I apologise for this strong central coordination with little flexibility, but I want to leave the nation with a strong army at the end of term 10 in case we fail to get a diplomatic victory.

NOTE: These orders will be updated during this Term. Please take a look at this section from time to time

Upper Germany cities:
- Heidelburg
- Bremen
- Neo Leipzig
- Nuremberg
- E-town

Lower Germany cities:
- Berlin
- Neo Frankfurt
- Hannover
- Howizerville
- Heroes' Summit

Some information for RG's who have never been RG before:
About turnchats:

Before the start of the chat I need orders from all of you. These orders have to contain:

- Any eventual changes to the queues of the cities you govern;
- Any changes in the allocation of the workforce: you want one of your cities to get production from other sqares;
- Any workers you want to get integrated. (the project has been finished now, but if we go to war again and we get slaves, these can be integrated in our cities to get the cities faster to a large population and easier to be build up);

Try to implement my order of priority for builds in your orders.

Before you post your orders, first check mine to adapt your orders to mine. If I haven't posted mine yet, you can post yours in the thread without having to adapt them to mine. If I do not agree with your orders, I'll post a veto against them in the orders thread. This is why it wise to take a look to my orders first so that the chance is less that I will veto them. Vetoing will however probably quite exceptional.
It is wise to write down some arguments for a choice that could be seen as controversial by me. It makes it easier for me to decide if your choice it a good one, or that it should be vetoed. I did this in my first orders when I decided to build harbors in some cities first. This seemed possibly controversial to me so I wrote down my arguments for this choice.
If some of your orders are vetoed, you needn't to change your orders, except if your have plenty of time, which I don't expect and the chat has not started yet. Please write down a little note at the bottom of your orders post if you do so, so that I know that you have changed your orders.

You needn't to be present at the chat, but I consider it as always nice to see how things go on in the empire.
If I can't be present at the chat, it's handy if there's a RG to replace me. If you become Acting DM in the chat, you have every right that I nomally have, but you may not overrule my orders. You may dexcide over all things that I could not foresee, or which I have not accounted for.

To know if you are the RG who has to act DM, the order of seniority was invented: the first RG is the first RG to act as DM if I'm not present, the second has to do so (if he's present) when both RG number 1 and I are not present, etc, etc. If you are pretty new in the job, you can always ask for assiastance from a mor experienced RG or a member of the government.

If you know on beforehand that you will possibly not be able to be present at the chat, let all know in the orders chat please, that makes it easier to plan.

For people who didn't know it yet, all squares of the cityradius have a number. If you want to change the allocation of the workforce, you just write down the number of the roiginal square it was on and the square you want to move the citizen to. There are several methods, but thisone is most easy for me.

Another method is to writedown all the squares you want to have the workforce on. To me it seems that this method would cost you more time and mistakes are easier made, but the good point on it is that it gives me a nice overview, which is handy when I check if your orders are right.

Here is a picture of the numbers of the squares for the allocation of the workforce and the numbers.

It should be needless to say, but to prevent misunderstanding: look for the NEWEST save in the orders/turnchat/reports threads.

I've tried to make it as clear as possible, perhaps sometimes too clear, but better too clear than unclear. However, IF you still have some questions, it doesn't matter what, please ask and I'll try to answer it. Post a message in this thread or PM me.

I wish you all succes with your governorship.

Thank you for your help with governing this empire.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; March 18, 2003 at 17:46.
Old March 16, 2003, 08:21   #2
bigfree1

Wrong thread, sorry.

Old March 20, 2003, 19:07   #3
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

UnOrthOdOx, please top this thread.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 20, 2003, 19:26   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
He can't. Thud has the mod powers.
Old March 20, 2003, 20:26   #5
Aidun
Emperor

And even if Thud had them anymore, I should have asked to MWIA. It's so uncommon, such an active VP, I'm only accustomed to VP's more or less active in the turnchat, but the way UnOrthO acts is like he is the Prez instead of MWIA. In fact, they are both Prez, but the CoL doesn't allow more than 1 Prez.

Aidun
Old March 20, 2003, 20:55   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
UnOrthO is active about everything. The Gazette is the best paper I've seen in years!
Yep, we have 2 presidents... Great term, I must say.
Old March 21, 2003, 10:55   #7
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 17:51
For New France I would prefer to switch over from militay production to gold production to give us that little extra oomph to bribe our way into victory. Not that we need it, but just thought it would be nice. Otherwise I see no changes needed.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old March 21, 2003, 11:10   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 15:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
And even if Thud had them anymore, I should have asked to MWIA. It's so uncommon, such an active VP, I'm only accustomed to VP's more or less active in the turnchat, but the way UnOrthO acts is like he is the Prez instead of MWIA. In fact, they are both Prez, but the CoL doesn't allow more than 1 Prez.

Aidun
Well thanks.

I see my job as making things run as smooth as possible to let the Pres focus on the topping, detopping (if we can get that changed) and playing the turns. But, better not bring that up to certain other VP's, especially in a campaign.

jk, Arnelos, that was alot of fun.

And I must say, it takes a pretty special President to ALLOW me to take things over like this as well.

Though, we're not quite the 24 hour presidential team we were in Term 3 when at least one of us was on any time of the day, any day of the week.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 11:33   #9
Aidun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
For New France I would prefer to switch over from militay production to gold production to give us that little extra oomph to bribe our way into victory. Not that we need it, but just thought it would be nice. Otherwise I see no changes needed.
Godking, I'll check the save when I'm home and make a decision. I'll post it in a seperate post here and update the main post eventually.
The reason I want to produce many military unit s is to have a strong army in case we want to seriously attack Japan or the senate agrees to attack a country that hase opposed our chairmanship of the UN.

Aidun