Old March 18, 2003, 03:59   #31
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I already talked about Halme calling the president a lesbian earlier in the thread, silly Kassi.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old March 18, 2003, 04:44   #32
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Tuome, Well the general opinion is that punishments should not be lowered. Quite the opposite. Finnish drug laws are gentle compared to most countries. You can smuggle 1000 kilos of heroin and you will get 12 years at the most, out in 6.. sounds like a hard punishment? On the other hand compared to other crimes.. it's not in harmony. It should mean that they toughen up the other punishments, not lower the drug punishment. That's the way the people want right now, because we have ***** punishments. You can disagree with me all you want, but that does not change the fact that we have ***** punishments. And you're right, they're not in harmony.

And Halme represents the people, and they want it so.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old March 18, 2003, 04:48   #33
Pekka
Emperor

And I wasn't trying to attack you.. I know your point and I agree. I think some users shouldn't be punished at all. It's their business what they do . I voted for liberals anyway.
But it doens't make sense that the worst crime, murdering people, is not punished harder. I think it's a damn joke that people can kill here and they will likely get 7 to 10 years and get out in half time. At very least they should finish the sentence to the last day in those crimes.

Last edited by Pekka; March 18, 2003 at 04:55.
Old March 18, 2003, 05:51   #34
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu
I already talked about Halme calling the president a lesbian earlier in the thread, silly Kassi.
Yes, but I wanted to mention there's a real source to back this up, silly Stefu.
Old March 18, 2003, 05:56   #35
Pekka
Emperor

OMG, I think we have a chance for a LEGEND here!

I know you guys said it earlier, but now it's all over papers, that Halme called our president lesbian
I mean ONE (1!!) day after election! Man that's fast! .

And he says that he's not sorry for what he said, and that he said like it is, and that it's just the beginning of his attacks. Nice! It will be interesting 4 years..
Old March 18, 2003, 09:17   #36
tinyp3nis
Prince

Quote:
And he says that he's not sorry for what he said, and that he said like it is, and that it's just the beginning of his attacks. Nice! It will be interesting 4 years..
This is why I'm happy he got elected
He is truly a showman.
Old March 18, 2003, 09:22   #37
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

He'll probably make a kickass Itse Valtiaat character. And then he'll kick Aleksi Bardy's ass.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old March 18, 2003, 15:49   #38
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
Originally posted by St Leo
Andemagne, "negroes and hottentots" are Finns too. I don't like commies either, but deporting people (to a non-commie country at that) for being commies is idiotic.
the Finns are not negroes and hottentots. I didn't vote for Tony Halme and I don't know him personally but I'm sure when says "negroes and hottentots", he means negroes and hottentots. and I'm also sure that you French or whatever Canadian you are, are more close to negroes and hottentots then we Finns. I don't say we are better then "negroes and hottentots", but sertainly we are different than them. hopefully you are no implying that I am a racist. I think that tolerant people are much more worse then racists.
and deporting commies to russia is an old finnish tradition, how bad can keepping up traditions be?
I don't want to start a flame war or anything, this is just my reply to you.
Old March 18, 2003, 16:42   #39
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 17:53
If they have Finnish citizenship, they are Finns as far as I am concerned.
Old March 18, 2003, 16:46   #40
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 21:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Andemagne

hopefully you are no implying that I am a racist.
He doesn't need to, you're doing a pretty good job yourself.

Do It Ourselves
Old March 18, 2003, 16:52   #41
Pekka
Emperor

Osweld, exactly where did Andemagne show his racism?
Old March 18, 2003, 16:59   #42
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

BTW, Tony's retracted his statement. He said that "he didn't mean to say the president's a lesbian, but that she is the former leader of SETA."

(SETA is the Finnish gay rights organization, BTW. Halonen was it's leader at some point.)
Old March 18, 2003, 17:02   #43
Pekka
Emperor

THe only thing I could even start looking at is saying that black people and 'hottentots' are different than us. And even then I really wouldn't know what he meant by that. I wouldn't automatically give the racists card yet.

Giving rides to commies to the eastern border was most likely ironic comment. I may remind everyone here that it was not done by legal government, but a group of people. Not police or any other officials. Also it was a battle of this country, wheather we be communist or not. So even when it wasn't correct, it was the right thing to do . To continue doing it now would be not cool naturally. But there are pretty much not many people who could even start judging that one. Racism? Not really..

Or maybe we have different definitions of racism. Or maybe we are interpreting his post differently. I don't know, I just don't want to judge people that fast.

For example, we have lots of french bashing. Is that not racism?
Old March 18, 2003, 21:53   #44
tinyp3nis
Prince

What many foreigners might not know, is that the negroes and hottentots in Finland are refugees mostly, and aren't integrated well into the society. They have come to this country very recently. Should there be finnish blacks from centuries ago, or just few generations, which were integretad and be truly finns, they wouldn't be targeted at all I'm sure. I bet even them wouldn't like these new hottentots we have. Also why people critisice them is that mostly they don't work, because the finnish wealthcare takes care of the funding of everyone, including them, and that doesn't engourage them to work. Hell I why would they work if they get money without working?
Old April 8, 2003, 13:38   #45
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Sorry to remind everyone about Halme again, but I just wanted to present my new avatar. The nose just wasn't striking enough, though Halme's known for striking at nose.

I was inspired by his rather silly photo at Eduskunta's official site.