Old March 16, 2003, 19:14   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turn Chat discussion (all please post)
In the last few threads there have really only been 2 people who were really active throughout the chat: Martin and Tamerlin. That's very bad for democracy, so this chat is to figure out how to get attendence up.

To those who attended chats in the past but no longer do so: why are you no longer there? Not fun anymore, bad times, circumstances?

To those who (almost) never participate: why are you (almost) never there? Bad times, keep forgettting, not fun, don't like chats, don't know how?

To all: please post any suggestions you may have on getting attence up. What would make you come more often? What would make people in general come more often? What are good times and days for you to hold chats?
Old March 16, 2003, 19:42   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Well I already asked for the time, here is for all the thread. Unfortuantyl the outcome was rather of the sence that the times I chose were ok.

-Martin
Old March 16, 2003, 21:19   #3
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
i don't like the times but i'm a one man army when it comes to timezones...

i find them boring. it takes too long to decide on something, and really the president should take more control if people don't decide.

I mean, we finished the CtPDG in less than an hour, and we did more than the first CtP2DG one, even though we did more turns!
Old March 16, 2003, 21:48   #4
miggio
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 21:54
For me the times are fine, but this past week i have been on holidays so i was preoccupied with partying. but now im back in a routine and I will be active once again.
Old March 17, 2003, 01:01   #5
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 18:54
Actually since i am on vacation this time is the really the best. I like it to be earlier at night i am never at home. So i say leave the time. The problem is the same reason whay i became absent in the last chats during my presidence and why i decided to run for something else. I just can settle a date and say i will be there. My RL doesnt allow me o do such thing. It is all a question of lucky. And at least i showed up in most of the Martin's chat. Not alway entirely but i tried.
So no complaint if not to myself.
-Jean Rostand
Old March 17, 2003, 04:08   #6
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 22:54
Actually i didnt even check the official turn chat thread to see when it was going to happen, Martin sent me a PM so i went in the channel, thats happened twice now, i have a feeling he wouldnt have PM'ed me if there was 10 ppl there already though. Perhaps a news item for each chat time, or would that be overkill?

I dont mind participating in the chats but it needs to be played quicker, and im not sure 2/3 people (incl. the president) should wait for each other to play through the game (we did in the 15th chat anyway). Its upto the other players to play along and catch up. The President shouldnt concern himself with other people playing, and hopefully not have to post save games until the chat is over, as long as theres enough pre-chat information about cities and/or all the ministers look at the most current save game before starting and decide on any possible decisions before hand.

As for times, one time is good as any other for me, its quite random.
Old March 17, 2003, 05:17   #7
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

The time is mainly OK for me, I was just dragged away by RL. I will not promise to be there more often, but I'll try.

What might people keep off the chats:

1.) Not everyone has CTP2 from where he might be accessing the chat and they might need more information (Martin was doing a good job there maps/etc.)
2.) Further information might have been missing as well (were are the armies, how big the stack, ......)

This could keep people away from the threat as they wouldn't know what to talk about.

For the save-games, actually it might be better to post them more often. (better 'update' between the players)
Old March 17, 2003, 05:23   #8
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well said Gilgamensch. Those are more reasons I don't enjoy coming.
Old March 17, 2003, 05:41   #9
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Turnchats are rather boring if you're not playing the game along and if you don't hold a position, at least that's why I don't attend besides that I'm not willing to spend that much time for the DG right now. Anyway I'd like to see more information in the forums, Martin did some promosing job there and I'd prefer an additional non-chat way of playing, though that needs to be worked out first.
Old March 17, 2003, 15:16   #10
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

well, if i have time, i'm there, if not, i'm not. i guess thats it.

and frequently posted savegames help a lot, most people (who have ctp2) can see quickly what the situation is instead of asking dozens of questions.
Old March 17, 2003, 17:14   #11
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

I am attending the Turn Chats because I find them fun, because I like the people I am chatting with and because I have the opportunity and the time to be there. Now I am the Temporary MoDA, attending the Turn Chats is also a duty.

Place a Turn Chat a Wednesday, Friday or Saturday and I would not be there (though a Chat around 21:00 GMT one Friday or Saturday out of two would be possible).
Old March 18, 2003, 09:22   #12
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 21:54
Well real life keeps getting in the way
I'm playing this DG blind(i've almost forgotten the last time i loaded CTP2!) - but i don't have a problem with that, which is why when i have turned up in the past i ask alot of questions and counter balance the flow sometimes. I have been on holiday alot recently
Oh yeah and the dog ate my homework
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.