Old March 16, 2003, 21:53   #1
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Vanilla Democracy Game: are you interested?
Well, we need a traditional Democracy game, IMO. Are you interested in play such game? We can make it a PTW game or not, we can pick any level, map, climate, civ... that will be your choice. The important thing here is that: it's a vanilla game. No mods.
Please, post here if you like to be part of it. And comment, please...

Btw, we have other games being organized. We're thinking about some mods and a new structure for the game. See this thread .
Old March 16, 2003, 21:55   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 15:54
Im interested. But can only choose one demogame.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 16, 2003, 22:04   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:54
I'd join.
Old March 16, 2003, 22:12   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm in! But there seems to be some lack of coordination here. There are great ideas floating around, but I fear not all of them will have enough support for the number of separate forums needed. Thus I propose the following. We have new citizen sign-up threads. One for a traditional Single Player Demo game as is this one. This will hopefully bring in all those who are lurking and would join, and firm up the idea in peoples' heads that there is actually a start to this game in mind. Moreover, it should make the news section, so more will see it. This game will eventually use this forum. No need to decide yet on what game exactly we will use, we could leave that until when we have enough direct attention here, because, as it is, it seems to me that it may be difficult to decide with so many dipping in every now and again.

A second sign-up thread needs to be made for something different in a demogame, for example the City-States. That way at the very least we can get a new forum (hopefully!) and thus separate the two ideas, the traditional Civ3 Demogame, and the new form of the game. This would certainly help ME keep track of which threads are for which game.

At the very least, this would determine whether we have enough interest for both games, in which case we would need separate forums. There seems to be no easier way of convincing an Admin of the need for a new forum like a sign-up thread, and since a new forum would help the City States idea separate itself from the trad-SPDG, we should try this.

So, what do you say? As the Term X President, as soon as I get mod powers again I would like to set up such new sign-up threads, if I get somee positive feedback on the idea here, from all of you....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 16, 2003, 22:15   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

MWIA,
Old March 17, 2003, 03:00   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:54
to MWIA.
Old March 17, 2003, 04:30   #7
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 07:54
to MWIA.
Old March 17, 2003, 09:22   #8
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 21:54
Ok, I tend to agree that we need a vanilla PTW DG to keep new people comming. However, I also have to agree with Unortho about only joing one SPDG. I am not really interested in another normal SPDG. I think this leaves us with only one viable option.

Start a new vanilla PTW SPDG and humbly ask Markos for a sub-forum for an advanced game (the citystate or DyP).

Aro has described vanilla PTW SPDG as High School level civing. And he described DyP, AU mod and Citystate games as College level civing. Now while I feel that if we try all of these college level games we would just run out of time and they would all die. With this in mind, I think that we can only have one sub-forum or College game going on at once. Why don't we skip a college level game and go straight for a Doctorate? Do a Citystate DyP game on either Emperor or Diety?
Old March 17, 2003, 10:01   #9
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I was meaning I would have to choose either the vanilla or the citystate game with my limited time.

I also agree we would need to seperate sign ups to show the gOdZ there is enough interest for them to create a seperate forum.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 17, 2003, 10:07   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:54
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I also agree we would need to seperate sign ups to show the gOdZ there is enough interest for them to create a seperate forum.
PM to MarkG sent. Hopefully I will get the spellZ soon and will hear his views on the potential new game. When I get his reply we can start drumming up interest for the new game(s) with a newZ update or ten.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 17, 2003, 10:17   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

We should also send ambassadors out to all the other sites inviting them to our (hopefully) victory chat this weekend once a time is settled.

CFC
German Webring
1BC
etc...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 17, 2003, 12:47   #12
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Nice idea, UnOrthOdOx.
Old March 17, 2003, 13:58   #13
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Back to vanilla game... There's an idea about handicap ourselves a bit, to make it more a challenge. We can make this choosing a weak civ (Aidun's idea, IIRC), or playing Deity.
Comments?
Old March 17, 2003, 14:10   #14
Aro
lifer
Emperor

As Governor of Old Germany (Upper and Lower), I think this avatar is appropriate...
Old March 17, 2003, 15:49   #15
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:54
Very well UnOrthOdOx and MWIA.

Aidun. PS, how did you create that avatar? I'm the only member of the Government without it...

I'd like to have such an avatar too

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 17, 2003, 15:58   #16
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Aidun, you can choose between these two:

or

I hope you like it.

Last edited by Aro; March 17, 2003 at 16:12.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:25   #17
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I like both what that eye like thing on the picture and what's the little platform under it?

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 17, 2003, 16:31   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That is the Utchat Eye (edit: fixed spelling). It's from Egyptian religion, much like Horus for me, or Isis for MrWIA (though I promis that MrWIA is not my mother...never mind (Egyptian Religion..)), and was the old City Planner avatar. The platform is from a step pyramid that was used as the Public Works Avatar. The DM is essentially a combination of those two old positions, hence the combined avatar.

Sn00py made them for the Govt under the Old Con, but not many ever used them. I always dug them up when I was in office, though, and you can see the originals in the Term X Govt thread I made. Aro was kind enough to modify those above for you, though, because he's the best!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 17, 2003 at 17:17.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:37   #19
Aro
lifer
Emperor

It's a mix of the Public Works avatar and the City Planning avatar. Since your Ministry replaced both, I did this mix. The eye means you must keep an eye on those lazy workers , and the little platform means the improvements that you planned and built... Or something like that.
Old March 17, 2003, 16:59   #20
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:54
I can't do another SPDG and an "advanced" one too as I'm currently in 2 other games and have some pretty hefty responsibilities in both of them. I'd much prefer to do a City States or other creative concept for my 3rd game, so if we do both, I'll go City States (or other) and bow out of the new SPDG Vanilla game.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 17, 2003, 17:11   #21
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Togas, I know that, and I understand. My propposal is "split" some gamers to make both games doable... I'm a volunteer for the vanilla game, but I'm not a good player. We need some good players, some good lawyers , some good warmongers, some good builders. Just to give us a good start. Later, I'm sure that some of the new members will be great players... We did this before.

Oh, about the avatars... Well, UnOrthO is right, of course...

Edited, trying to be clear...

Last edited by Aro; March 17, 2003 at 17:52.
Old March 17, 2003, 18:16   #22
Aidun
Emperor

I've chosen the last one, the first one has no real pyramid an the prez has 4 dot's at the to, bottom, lft an right. 4 dot's on my avatar would suggest that I'm the second after the prez and I'm not.

Great work Aro!

Aidun

Last edited by Aidun; March 17, 2003 at 18:22.
Old March 17, 2003, 18:49   #23
Aro
lifer
Emperor

You're welcome.
I'm waiting for Aggie, I hope he does the same....
Old March 17, 2003, 19:04   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
4 dot's on my avatar would suggest that I'm the second after the prez and I'm not.
Nah.

See, You are (and would be) clearly under the VP since you have one of Horus' eyes, the Utchet. (I think that is the moon, but Im not too sure of that one right now, also depends on which version of Egyptian Mythology you are reading)

The SMC and FAM would be able to argue their being equal, however, since the SMC actually uses one of the many forms of Horus (blinded form) and the FAM uses the Ankh, which is most often associated directly with Isis. (for bringing Seth back to life)

Ok, that's enough stealing of this thread.

I would most likely choose this one over the Citystate game. While the news may not be as interesting, it would be easier for me to write.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 17, 2003, 21:36   #25
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Vanilla! Vanilla! Vanilla!

Vanillas are the best way to keep new people flowing in. PtW or Civ3, I don't care (although I would kinda prefer Civ3, for n00bs with just civ3 and not with ptw too.) We can keep a few old fogies like me and anyone else who wants to around (for the Vanilla DG) and then the n00bs can rush in. The handicap? Should we have one? Well, if we only let a few old fogies back in, then we don't need one, but a good handicap would be a sucky civ. Another good handicap would be that someone make a map for us with our start position being bad (icecap, or small island, or something like that.)
Old March 17, 2003, 21:54   #26
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Great UnOrthO! Great, mrmitchell!

Um... No small islands, please... My PTW has this tendency, I always start in small islands... Specially if I choose an expansionist civ.
Old March 18, 2003, 08:26   #27
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 17:54
I like the vanilla civ idea. With the weak civ. I want Greece!!! Sign me up.

I also like the city state or ptw variants being discussed. Needs separate forum as MWIA has suggested.
Old March 18, 2003, 09:57   #28
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

India! awaits for GF to come and voice his displeasure..."do I need to wipe you out first to prove how bad India is?"

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 10:00   #29
Aro
lifer
Emperor

India is REALLY bad, I agree. The worst, probably.
Old March 18, 2003, 10:01   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

If we beat this game on Diety using India, that would be throwing a gauntlet down towards CFC, would it not?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby