Old March 18, 2003, 12:11   #31
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 15:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I would play the vanilla game and I want to play at Diety. We can pick a bad to medium civ, but let's do Diety. That would be a challenge worth shooting for.

Many have never won at Diety (including myself) and this would be a great learning experience.
Old March 18, 2003, 13:41   #32
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 18:54
Quote:
Originally posted by lmtoops
I would play the vanilla game and I want to play at Diety. We can pick a bad to medium civ, but let's do Diety. That would be a challenge worth shooting for.

Many have never won at Diety (including myself) and this would be a great learning experience.
I never won at Diety also...
Old March 18, 2003, 14:04   #33
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I've never TRIED diety, but I just totally trashed the AI on Emperor in the first game I've played since I left in December (random civ gave me Germany, and I figured I better try to remember how to play...), so I should probably try to...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 16:38   #34
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:54
The enemy trashed me several times when I tried emperror plying Carthage! Since then I sonly play monarchy, always loosing is no fun.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 18, 2003, 16:47   #35
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I used to be there, too, but playing through this demogame in the beginning taught me an awfull lot about how to get going in the early game. Even with a bad start.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 17:19   #36
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

I'm working my way up to Deity. I tried it a few times and got trashed repeatedly. I've won at Emperor a few times.

The Democracy game has taught me quite a bit. Especially about planning, timing, and strategy.

I've also been told to be patient at Deity level. Generally, the AI has the upper hand until the early middle game. Then the human player can take over. So you must be patient and plan carefully.

With all that said, I'm sure I'll get thrashed again. ME AI
Old March 18, 2003, 17:31   #37
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:54
I'm not so sure we want to go Diety... I haven't tried playing that high, but I get the impression the only way to beat the AI on that level is war.

Has anyone had a successful game on that level that was at least half-builder?
Old March 18, 2003, 17:40   #38
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
I'm not so sure we want to go Diety... I haven't tried playing that high, but I get the impression the only way to beat the AI on that level is war.
All the better! then we won't have all those annoying DIA peacenicks around...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2003, 18:01   #39
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Has anyone had a successful game on that level that was at least half-builder?
I seriously doubt it.

Deity is a completely different game. I think you have to play a completely borg style and go all out war and be lucky to get anywhere. There would be almost no room for non-essential buildings and no margin of error.
Old March 18, 2003, 21:23   #40
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well it sounds like Deity may not be a good idea, but Emperor should be good.

Why India? I have found their UU to be very useful. Greece sounds great to me, or perhaps Korea...?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 18, 2003, 22:51   #41
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 17:54
I agree - lets not go all the way to Deity. It forces you into one style of play only - which is the early rush, continued warfare, and the vassal state approach.

Monarch or Emperor. Probably Emperor. And India would be OK. But I still like Greece. Better roleplay options. I suspect we all know a fair bit of Greek history and mythology. Would mix well with the Apolytonian influence.
Old March 18, 2003, 23:13   #42
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:54
I'd prefer India. Their UU may stink, but at least we get Religious. Spain, Greece, or Korea would be okay too.