Old March 18, 2003, 14:34   #31
Sandman
King

Local Time: 23:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Saddam could well be dead in decade, and will probably be dead in two. The way some warboys talk it sounds as if they think he's immortal.
Old March 19, 2003, 19:32   #32
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
Do people hear think that Bush is worse then Saddam??
It seems that the anti war protestors think Saddam is better then Bush, and they seem to be supporting Saddam which I dont get.
You see what you want to see.

Anyway, Bush stole my country from me, therefore he is worse for me. If I lived near Iraq, I'd probably be more concerned about Hussein.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old March 19, 2003, 20:19   #33
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 17:02
talk to any protester you wish, openly and seriously about the war.

all the ones i've done this with have given me a theory:

these protests are more anti-bush than anti-war
Old March 19, 2003, 20:20   #34
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 17:02
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
You see what you want to see.

Anyway, Bush stole my country from me, therefore he is worse for me. If I lived near Iraq, I'd probably be more concerned about Hussein.
alright, explain one more time how he stole it.
Old March 19, 2003, 20:53   #35
Ned
King

Local Time: 14:02
The only possible thing that could have prevented war was an unambigiuosly clear ultimatum to Saddam to do certain things by certain dates, otherwise military force would be used. This was the resolution that France said they would veto. France and the left made this war a certainty
Old March 19, 2003, 21:14   #36
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think it is slightly exaggerated to say France and left made this war a certainty. It is more accurate to say the rabid determination of the US to get Saddam's head through military force was.
Hadn't France slowed the process, this war might have already begun long before, because it was crystal clear the chickenhawks in Washington wanted it from the beginning.

Saying that France and other pro-peace countries/people are the cause of this war is an incredibly twisted perception of the world. But if in doubt, blame the French
Old March 19, 2003, 21:36   #37
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
Actually, if Bush had been much more competent in his diplomacy and gathered a united front before his cowboy posturing, it's much more likely Hussein would have backed down. By acting as he did, by pissing off our allies to such a great extent, he gave Hussein the hope that maybe he could survive this too.

Now, it's possible, that that's what Bush wanted, and engineered it so Hussein would refuse. He made it personal, which he should have known would make it psychologically impossible for him to back down. He never once seemed interested in actually disarming Iraq, just annoyed that he had to jump through some hoops. So, if Bush is really as smart as Sloww claims he is, France may have done what the US intended.

Anyway, Ned, I catagorically reject your blaime for the war. This war rests on two people's heads, Hussein's and Bush's.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old March 19, 2003, 21:44   #38
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Anyway, Ned, I catagorically reject your blaime for the war. This war rests on two people's heads, Hussein's and Bush's.
Thanks for the common sense. It seems to be quite a rare luxury in America today
Old March 19, 2003, 21:55   #39
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
talk to any protester you wish, openly and seriously about the war.

all the ones i've done this with have given me a theory:

these protests are more anti-bush than anti-war
Well, they are anti-bush as well as anti-war, and just in case you hadn't noticed, Bush is pretty much responsible for the war, making it pretty normal that protesting against Bush is also protesting against a war...
Old March 19, 2003, 21:57   #40
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

And, if Bush had done a better job diplomatically I mean, the war would have been going on much sooner! That attitude of his,.. he just emanates stupidity, a leader of the most powerful country in the world should look disciplined, look trustworthy, instead of giving speeches in a military tenue, whilst talking about the 'evil-doers' that threaten our safety, with a HUUUGE star mangled banner in the background!!!!!

with slight exaggeration you could describe Bush as:

Oh dear Yes I'm so afraid of Hussein we better bomb his ass to pieces because Iraq could field an army of terrorists that would destroy our country OMG raise the american flag we have to protect our nation, let's attack some sucker in the middle east so I can get re-elected because winning that war will be the only important thing I've done in 4 years After that we can take the north koreans and then Iran and perhaps Libanon and Syria I love this warmongering!

Old March 19, 2003, 22:31   #41
addiv
Settler

Local Time: 23:02
Quote:
Originally posted by DaShi

Not America. You said so yourself. Bush wasn't elected democratically.
He wasn't elected by POPULAR vote. However, he was elected democratically.