Old March 19, 2003, 06:35   #1
bakalov
Prince

Local Time: 01:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Bugs
I do not know If the following bugs are knwn, but I feel myself obliged to post them:

1) When recalling a spy there is problem with his orders if he fails to extract himself from the first attempt (i.e. after the "Our spy .... could not cross back the borders to the our empire" message). After that he starts repeating his last orders indefinitely and does NOTHING at all.

2) The last sitrep Items seems to lose their text if their count becomes too large.

3)After loading a game, the info if a planet is blockaded is lost.

4)Sometimes changes to certain items or properties are not kept when the corresponding windows are closed or switched. For example to chang certain policy in the development plans I have to delete it first, then close the screen, reopen it, and then put the new value. The straight change of the value does not work.
Another example for similar behaviuor - casting the vote for the orion senate president.
These problems seems to appear often when switching panels instead of closing the current one, and then opening another ...
bakalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2003, 06:44   #2
bakalov
Prince

And probably a design bug - when there is space battle in a system where the both players have planets.
The problem is: who goes first? If always one of the players goes first, the other WILL NOT be able to attack his planets if he deploys a single ship and chooses to attack first. The New Orions did this to me and I was really mad.

I suggest that in such cases there should be 2 battles. People in QS will have to think about it
Old March 19, 2003, 09:33   #3
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I got the blank text, too. What's funny is the links still work if you click on the underline in the box.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2003, 10:01   #4
bakalov
Prince

Another possible bug - I have suspicion that I still can win or lose by voting in the senate, in spite of this option being disabled at the time of the game start.
Old March 19, 2003, 12:32   #5
Eric S
Warlord

Local Time: 14:05
Quote:
Originally posted by bakalov
Another possible bug - I have suspicion that I still can win or lose by voting in the senate, in spite of this option being disabled at the time of the game start.
What gives you that impression? I've played very long games with the Senate victory condition disabled and didn't loose, even after eliminating the Antarans, which means that someone else HAD to have won the next election.

Last edited by Eric S; March 19, 2003 at 17:37.
Eric S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2003, 13:25   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:05
I finished a game out to around 510 turns as Ikools and no sentate in the game and could never vote nor heard about a vote. I took Orion and all guardians and no vote occurred. Not sure if that means anything.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2003, 10:39   #7
Llama
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
I finished a game out to around 510 turns as Ikools and no sentate in the game and could never vote nor heard about a vote. I took Orion and all guardians and no vote occurred. Not sure if that means anything.
As you weren't in the Senate you wouldn't have been informed of the votes. Did you have the Senate Presidency victory condition turned off, or did you manage to knobble the other races such that there was never a large enough voting block to vote someone else into the Presidency? Taking Orion/killing the Guardians wouldn't have stopped the Senate votes taking place (although after you killed of the NO they wouldn't have been around to take part, obviously).
Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2003, 13:37   #8
Bblue
Warlord

Local Time: 18:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Llama

(although after you killed of the NO they wouldn't have been around to take part, obviously).
well maybe not so obvious.... I've played a long game where I was in the senate and was attempting an 'X-win'; however, I was also getting annoyed with the NO. I eventually had everyone with a significant senate vote count expelled from the senate, then took the orion system (ie. no more NOs) when the next presidental vote comes around the NOs CAN STILL RETAIN the presidental chair IF thier 1000 vote bonus is enough to rank them as one of the 2 highest vote senate members and someone votes for them, even if they no longer hold a seat in the senate due to extermination. Probably a bug?

Thought it was hi-larious in the game is was playing.. expelled/exterminated the entire senate except for the non-exsistant NOs and myself and every time a vote came up I voted for the NOs. Felt like I was rubbing thier noses in it A group of Anterian refugee puppetheads in charge or a totally irrelavent political orginazation I'm sure there is a good UN joke in there somewhere
Old March 22, 2003, 14:49   #9
Llama
Chieftain

That's interesting, the NO are obviously the default alternative if there isn't more than two empire's with more votes than them. Even if they don't exist outside someone else's empire...
Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2003, 19:58   #10
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 00:05
DP

Last edited by statusperfect; March 23, 2003 at 04:29.
statusperfect is offline   Reply With Quote