Old March 19, 2003, 22:44   #1
MegloManiac
Civilization III Democracy GameDiplomacyNever Ending Stories
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Can i get a history record of the game
Hey! this game is interesting. i hear there is a historian who keeps track of everything that happens. could i please recieve a copy of a decient size summary of the events of this game? with a couple screen shots. iam bored as hell, and i dont know if this is to much to ask for but it would be very nice. if anyone has spare time or anything that could be of interest to me could ou send it to me?
Old March 19, 2003, 22:50   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:08
You could read past Jungle Gazettes. That won't provide a complete history summary, but it is good (and fun) reading.

There's an archive of previous issues in the directory.
Old March 19, 2003, 23:32   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 16:08
Thanks Kloreep.

We had trouble getting people to write a history. The Gazette does give a good history from the time we got writting (1725 BC) with a month or so break when I had business take me away in December/January

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 20, 2003, 08:20   #4
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Here's the Cliffs Notes version:

-- We find ourselves stuck on a bloody jungle peninsula, with only a small plot of grassland.
-- Around the end of the first term (2000 BC?) we wage war against our northern neighbors, the Americans, kicking them into a desert valley and giving us land to the north and east.
-- Around 500 BC, we declare war on our western neighbors, France. Immediately before Paris falls, the Frenchies bring in the Germans (our northeastern neighbors) and the Persians (at the time the strongest nation in the known world, and our eastern neighbor). After securing the French heartland, we force Germany out of the war and Persia almost out of existence, sweeping to the eastern coast of the continent.
-- During this war, we discover an island to the south, and colonize it.
-- 700-800 AD: We invade and wipe out France. At around this time, contact is made with four civilizations not on the continent.
-- 1250-1350 AD: The German War. Apolytonia becomes the leader of a Grand Alliance against Germany and Rome. We take a few cities from Rome, and Germany dies.
-- Today: Recently, Japan declared war on us. As we're the #1 power and Japan is #2, they'll be our likely opponent in the UN vote. So we're trying to get as many nations as possible on our side against Japan.

So there you are. A basic military history of our nation.

Edit: updated as per Unorthodox's corrections

Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; March 20, 2003 at 08:57.
Old March 20, 2003, 08:35   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Minor correction. France got Germany and Persia into the war the turn before we invaded Paris.

Oh, and most recently:

--Japan is currently at war with us, and their *ss is about to get sore when we unite the world against them in an attempt to gain support for the UN vote.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 20, 2003, 19:14   #6
MegloManiac
Chieftain

it almost seems unfair.
Old March 20, 2003, 20:55   #7
Vlad Antlerkov
King

I can see your point, in that we were able to draw on the minds of the Apolyton University in the Strategy section, while the AI had, um, itself.

But if you meant the absurdly bad jungle start, I agree. It wasn't CFGOTM 5 or "So Very Cold", but it was bad nonetheless.
Old March 20, 2003, 21:17   #8
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 17:08
Quote:
Originally posted by MegloManiac
it almost seems unfair.
hey, we worked damn hard to get this far.

in the beginning, not everybody supported the warmongering practices that brought apolyton such riches

one of the major parts of history that has been omitted from the cliffs not were the formation or politcal parties in the society. they had a real impact on the early game, but as time went on they faded away.

that's one of the reasons i faded out, i guess. those parties were damn fun

i really think a highly factionated game should be played next
Old March 20, 2003, 21:32   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Hey, between you and Trip leaving, I felt like I was the only one left to oppose the DIA!

Not that their threads ever stayed on the frontpage without me bumping them for them even then...

But, look who has come together to end the game. All deeply involved in the early politics. MrWIA the local Anarchist, Myself a proud Hawk, Aggie I believe was Imperialist? and Togas from the DIA. And Aidun I am sure would jump right in to those fun old days of party politics, even if he is in the DIA, from what I've seen so far.

Next game, though, I will be joining MrWIA in the Anarchy move to destroy the Con new or old all together. I have seen the light.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 07:49   #10
Vlad Antlerkov
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
one of the major parts of history that has been omitted from the cliffs not were the formation or politcal parties in the society. they had a real impact on the early game, but as time went on they faded away.
That's because I focused on what happened within the game, not outside it. You want to include the parties, you write your own damned Cliffs Notes.
Old April 3, 2003, 16:26   #11
MegloManiac
Chieftain

ill start a new party called TNP guess what it stands for? THE NEW PARTY! whoever wants to join please post and say yes here
Old April 4, 2003, 09:10   #12
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 22:08
Perhaps we should make a save archive for anyone whose interested.
Old April 4, 2003, 10:35   #13
MegloManiac
Chieftain

YES YOU SHOULD
Old April 4, 2003, 12:17   #14
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MegloManiac
YES YOU SHOULD
I don't know if I should. That sounds like the kind of thing UnOrthodox usually does.
Old April 4, 2003, 12:39   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

/me only has so much time...

"make a save archive" Are you meaning all the official saves?

There are HUGE gaps at the beginning, since it was originally an E-mail system, not posted, otherwise there is a list somewhere that linked to most of the saves...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 4, 2003, 17:40   #16
OPD
King

lol I still have 14 mb of banana saves including one each year from 280ad to 580ad.

I would dearly love to spam this thread with all the saves I have posting each one separatly but instead here is a link to a few saves from term four together with a few sweeping statements about what happened. 310 ad is a good one.

I can email you any particular saves if you should like any?
Old April 4, 2003, 17:48   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

This should cover everything from term 3 as well as reports...

Next Turn times and curent report: term III (UnOrthOdOx)
Next Turnthread/chat Times and Current Reports: term III part two (MrWIA back)

Earlier gets dicy since there was not a central thread, yet, the later ones wouldn't be TOO difficult to track down.

Ah, memories of all the chaos those 'reforms' of mine made...central thread for reports: "how can I find the latest report?!?!" TurnTHREADS: "we don't get enough information" Directory....compiled orders...chain of command for chats...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby