Old April 5, 2003, 22:53   #301
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Ooooohhhhhhhh, I'm being dissed by Alfred E. Neuman! Oh the trauma of it all! Hey, why don't you ask Don Martin to draw us some nice cartoons about bigots Al ol' boy?
Neuman? I thought that was a ambigiously gendered Pipi Longstockings!
Old April 6, 2003, 00:01   #302
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

Neuman? I thought that was a ambigiously gendered Pipi Longstockings!
No, it looks like the mad magazine mascot with something like a Beatles haircut.
Old April 6, 2003, 00:04   #303
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:12
No, it's Angela Anaconda. A cartoon drawn by an artist, or artists, in the Neuman school(?)
Old April 6, 2003, 00:05   #304
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I hear she's a bigot.
Old April 7, 2003, 01:10   #305
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:12
Quote:
Didn't David commit adultery? Was it Noah who commited incest?
GePap:

David committed adultery.

Lot committed incest.

Gen 19:35-36

"So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father."

But neither are the basis of Christian faith. Yes, both may believe in God, but scripture does not claim that either were sinless.
Old April 7, 2003, 01:18   #306
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 08:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Bigots! The avatar is me as a 7 year old.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old April 9, 2003, 02:05   #307
RAW_OmarBKhatab
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

GePap:

David committed adultery.

Lot committed incest.

Gen 19:35-36

"So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father."

But neither are the basis of Christian faith. Yes, both may believe in God, but scripture does not claim that either were sinless.
David DID NOT committe adultery. Its made up by people. David is Daud (as), is also a Prophet in Islam. ANd Prophets cannot commit crimes like that. That is why we say, bible is "fabricated"
Old April 9, 2003, 02:15   #308
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

RAWOmarBKhatab:

2 Samuel 11:1-5

David and Bathsheba

In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, David sent Joab out with the king's men and the whole Israelite army. They destroyed the Ammonites and besieged Rabbah. But David remained in Jerusalem.

One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, "Isn't this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then [1] she went back home. The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, "I am pregnant."

Also see Psalm 51 for David's contrite response.

Perhaps not all Prophets are sinless?
Could you also show me why all of Islam's prophets have to be sinless. I thought Muhammad was special in this regard.
Old April 9, 2003, 02:17   #309
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Omar: If the Islamic faith is the correct one, why has Allah allowed continual defeats on the Islamic forces? Why did the Islamic invasion of France fall, why did the Ottoman siege on Vienna fail? Why has Israel continually humiliated the Moslems time and time again? After all, the Quran does say in battle Allah grants victory to the side he favors.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old April 9, 2003, 02:18   #310
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
David DID NOT committe adultery. Its made up by people. David is Daud (as), is also a Prophet in Islam. ANd Prophets cannot commit crimes like that. That is why we say, bible is "fabricated"
Im not Christian, but that is a very poor arguement. It has no rationality behind it... just blind faith in words in your holy book saying no profit can commit sin
Old April 9, 2003, 02:20   #311
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
Omar: If the Islamic faith is the correct one, why has Allah allowed continual defeats on the Islamic forces? Why did the Islamic invasion of France fall, why did the Ottoman siege on Vienna fail? Why has Israel continually humiliated the Moslems time and time again? After all, the Quran does say in battle Allah grants victory to the side he favors.
Further more, why are predominantly muslim countries continually laggin behind the 'Infidel' west in wealth and prosperity?
Old April 9, 2003, 02:23   #312
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 08:12
Quote:
Bigot. Does Christ identify with conquerers?

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old April 9, 2003, 17:20   #313
RAW_OmarBKhatab
Settler

Quote:
Very good Question. Thank you for asking.
"Bismillahhir Rohmanir Rahim."

1st of all:
Quote:
"If the Islamic faith is the correct one, why has Allah allowed continual defeats on the Islamic forces"
There are no Islamic forces in the whole world as there are no Islamic countries. In last 300 years, there has not been a single battle vs a true islamic force.

Allah did not create Earth as a place for reward and punishment. Allah did not create earth for Muslims to rule over as a show of the truth of Islam. The answer to your question is clearly stated in Quran and hadith.

Allah created this Universe for a test. And Allahs wants to see who is best in deeds, who can be paitent while in pain and sorrow.

ANd Allahs help is with Muslim who practice. All the modern day sufferring of Muslims is NOT caused by non-Muslims. Suffering of Palestinians are casued by Muslims of Palestine, not by the jews, here Jews are just the means.

Suffering falls on Muslims when they leave purest of Islam and becomes tempted to gain worldly benefits like non-Muslims.

Islam has two enemies:
1. Open enemy: Satan
2. Hidden enemy: Nafs (ones evil desire)

No Human is the enemy of Islam or Muslims.

Allah did not want Muslims to be rich and powerfull. Example: Prophet Mohammed(saw) was the poorest of men and lived like a poor man all his life although he (saw) was offered money and power by people.

But, when Muslims did practice as it was ordered by Allah, victory came to their feet. [ref. check history books, see how fast Islam has spread with in 100 years]

When a Muslim dies cos of oppression, example killed by a Jewish tank fire, he is most likely to enter paradise, if he was a practicing Muslim. Muslims are not scared of death, death is the key to the life eternal, the life in paradise.

For non-Muslims, this Universe is all that they will get. So, Allah will give them power and enjoyment so that on the "day of judgement" non Muslims cannot complain they did not get any favour from Allah.

---- but things will change inshaaAllah..

A poor practicing Muslim is more powerfull than a non practicing Muslim with Nukes. The people who dream to distroy Islam and Muslims, havent meet the power of the true Muslim. A true Muslim does not need weapons to defend him/herself. Becasue when the creator of the universe protects u, can any one else harm u? [want proof on this: see history book on how islam spread with out sword, the defeat of Romans and persians and the fire worshippers of Mekkeh on the hand of weapon less Muslim civilians ]

RAW = Rise of An Ancient Warrior :: clan name is based on the theme of the Rise of the purest Islam... in years to come... you all might live long enough to see it inshaAllah.

Last edited by RAW_OmarBKhatab; April 9, 2003 at 17:26.
Old April 9, 2003, 17:23   #314
RAW_OmarBKhatab
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman

Further more, why are predominantly muslim countries continually laggin behind the 'Infidel' west in wealth and prosperity?
Muslims are supposed to be poor. Actually, today Muslims have too much money and oil, and that is the problem. I wish Muslims of today were poor like 1400yrs back
Old April 9, 2003, 17:31   #315
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Ok, so Moslems lose wars today because they are not being good Moslems. But what about historically? The Moslems had just conqured Spain at one point, and they pressed into the south of France. They were deafeated there by I believe it was Charles Martel IIRC. The Ottoman Empire as I pointed out was stopped on the outskirts of Vienna. The Moslems were also held back from Constantinople for hundreds of years. How do you account for these defeats? Can you show those Moslems had turned from pure Islam in those periods too?

Or for that matter, what about the Taliban's defeat to US/Northern ALliance forces?

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old April 9, 2003, 17:33   #316
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:12
Quote:
Originally posted by RAW_OmarBKhatab

Muslims are supposed to be poor. Actually, today Muslims have too much money and oil, and that is the problem. I wish Muslims of today were poor like 1400yrs back
Then why dont you be you a real Muslim and cut off your internet connection?
Old April 9, 2003, 17:41   #317
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:12
Quote:
Originally posted by RAW_OmarBKhatab

Very good Question. Thank you for asking.
"Bismillahhir Rohmanir Rahim."

1st of all:

There are no Islamic forces in the whole world as there are no Islamic countries. In last 300 years, there has not been a single battle vs a true islamic force.

Does that mean true Islam is dead? arty: If so why do you need to build an Islamic site?
Old April 9, 2003, 17:42   #318
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Eli:
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old April 9, 2003, 17:48   #319
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Allah created this Universe for a test. And Allahs wants to see who is best in deeds, who can be paitent while in pain and sorrow.
How do you know this? If its from the Koran, im sry, i wont accept that. Who are you to say your ancient book of holy words is right over the other religions' books of holy words? In my opinion they are all wrong. Islam, as you explain it, sounds mighty superstitious to me.