Old April 1, 2003, 12:15   #151
RAW_OmarBKhatab
Settler

Local Time: 16:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike

This is the kind of stuff I object to from ANY religion. We do this better than you. Our this is better than yours. Seriously, how can you make the claim that Muslims respect these prophets more if you have never been a Christian or a Jew (or even if you have, you still can't speak for everyone else in that faith or yours).
Quote:
As long as you're giving other people homework, here's a simple question for you. I never got a response to this post. Well, how can you make that claim?
Sorry, missed out on this one

It is very simple one see. Look in the Christian and Jewish holy books how they describe their and previous prophets. In Bible, Prophets has been accused of wrong doings. And in Islam, we know and believe, Prophets of Allah did not do any wrong. Bible actually accuses one(or many?) of the Prophets of engaged in illicit sexual relations[ref: help me out Bible experts . ]

In our Quran and Hadith, Great importance is given to respect, honor and value all the previous Prophets of Allah. It is a part of faith. And this is not a fact or condition for Christians or Jews, nor this respect to previous prophets is a part of their faith.
Old April 1, 2003, 12:57   #152
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Just a small question : what does the (saw) mean in Mohammed(saw) ?
Old April 1, 2003, 13:10   #153
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
something around "may he be blessed" IIRC.
Old April 1, 2003, 13:27   #154
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 18:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Static Universe
I always love watching two people argue which invisible man is better.
It can be amusing, yes. Then again, it can also be frightening.

I especially liked the claim that the "fake" muslims are a creation of the Jews. Those insidious, tricksey Jews! Always out to corrupt from within, huh?

-Arrian

The Inquisition, let's begin!
The Inquisition, look out sin!
We're on a mission, to convert the Jews!
Jew-ja-jew-jew-jew-ja-jews!
We're gonna teach 'em, wrong from right!
We're gonna make 'em, see the light!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 1, 2003, 15:14   #155
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Omar, you are infinitely more pleasant than the clearguidance people. Thanks for posting here, and just bear in mind that we rag on everybody. It's nothing personal or religious.
Old April 1, 2003, 15:52   #156
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 17:11
"It is very simple one see. Look in the Christian and Jewish holy books how they describe their and previous prophets. In Bible, Prophets has been accused of wrong doings. "

The only exceptions to "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" are Mary and Jesus.

RAW_OmarBKhatab:

To what degree do muslims believe in the veracity of the Christian bible? I know moslems believe it to be corrupted, but IIRC Islamic scholars still place some value on the Bible and is studied by them...

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old April 1, 2003, 16:38   #157
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 01:11
I, personally, would be offended to be even compared to the Clearguidance folks.
Old April 1, 2003, 16:45   #158
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 15:11
Well deserved DL dancing aside... What exactly would be the purpose of a gaming group which excludes people of a different religion?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 1, 2003, 16:50   #159
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Raw_OmarBKhatab:

I'll cut to the chase. Why must Muhammed be sinless to accomplish his mission? Do not Muslims believe that Muhammed is a person and not God?

Shi:
For all our sakes, just put Christ okay? Mary can come later...
Old April 1, 2003, 17:04   #160
Venom
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:11
This thread sucks.
Old April 1, 2003, 17:33   #161
Plan Austral
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 22:11
Location: Poster Formerly known as Kublai-Khan. Buenos Aires - Argentina.
Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
"It is very simple one see. Look in the Christian and Jewish holy books how they describe their and previous prophets. In Bible, Prophets has been accused of wrong doings. "

The only exceptions to "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" are Mary and Jesus.

RAW_OmarBKhatab:

To what degree do muslims believe in the veracity of the Christian bible? I know moslems believe it to be corrupted, but IIRC Islamic scholars still place some value on the Bible and is studied by them...
Mary?
Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.
Old April 1, 2003, 17:36   #162
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Shi's Catholic...
Old April 1, 2003, 18:20   #163
RAW_OmarBKhatab
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
Raw_OmarBKhatab:

I'll cut to the chase. Why must Muhammed be sinless to accomplish his mission? Do not Muslims believe that Muhammed is a person and not God?
Mohammed(saw) is sinless. But, he (saw) is nothing more than a Prophet and Messenger of Allah. Allah is the One who Created Prophet Mohammed(Saw) sinless.

If Allah wants, any one can be sinless. Allah can do whatever he desires. Allah can give brith of a baby from a virgin(Mary, Mother of Prophet Essa(jesus)), if Allah wants, Allah can create things from nothing, like Allah created this universe from nothing.

I guess you are not aware of the Power, Might of your creator?
Old April 1, 2003, 18:25   #164
RAW_OmarBKhatab
Settler

Quote:
[SIZE=1] To what degree do muslims believe in the veracity of the Christian bible? I know moslems believe it to be corrupted, but IIRC Islamic scholars still place some value on the Bible and is studied by them...

Bible that is present today is corrupt and man made. Muslims have no value for it. Some Study it to find "logical" errors to point it to Christians that they are following a book which has no basis of the true preaching of Prophet Essa(Jesus).

I do not belive in "online" Islamic scholars. 90% time they are fake and 50% times those are Jews posed as Muslims anwering corrupted version of Islam to misguide Muslims and non-Muslims.

Oh yes! there are JEWISH scholars who are much well versed in Islam than many Muslims. But, their goal is to "corrupt" Islam with misguided interpretations.
Old April 1, 2003, 18:27   #165
Oerdin
Deity

Mohammed commited a litany of things which nearly every other religion considers sinful; even mortally sinful.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old April 1, 2003, 18:37   #166
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Mohammed commited a litany of things which nearly every other religion considers sinful; even mortally sinful.
Oh please do elaborate on this won't you?
Old April 1, 2003, 18:40   #167
Oerdin
Deity

I can if you folks want to...
Old April 1, 2003, 18:44   #168
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Oerdin:

If you don't, I will.

RawOmarBKhatab:

Can a Muslim ever act contrary to God's will?

And yes, I know the power of my creator.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:24   #169
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 08:11
I see the bigots have been queuing up on this thread.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old April 1, 2003, 19:29   #170
Oerdin
Deity

Alex: It's not nice to call yourself names. Seriously, the quote was that Mohammod was sinless there for it is not bigotory to point out that he did a great many things (murder, had sex with a child, possibly abused drugs) which most religions would consider sinful.

I'm not religious and my interest is in historical accuracy and proving religious dogma (he was sinless) wrong.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:31   #171
Alexander's Horse
Deity

In other words you're just a bigot.

Old April 1, 2003, 19:32   #172
Oerdin
Deity

Can you please explain why you feel that way? Such name calling doesn't seem to be called for in the least.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:34   #173
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Bigot.

Old April 1, 2003, 19:35   #174
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
I'm not religious and my interest is in historical accuracy and proving religious dogma (he was sinless) wrong.
AH:
Would it be any different if I posted?
Old April 1, 2003, 19:37   #175
Oerdin
Deity

Horse: That wasn't a very well contructed argument. If I was a bigot then I would not be basing my argument on historical facts but would most likely be repeating a belief without supporting it... kind of like what you're doing now.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:40   #176
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

AH:
Would it be any different if I posted?
Not if you posted something bigotted against muslims.

Old April 1, 2003, 19:41   #177
Oerdin
Deity

Where is the quote which supposedly oozes my bigotry? I find that many people claim bigotry when the reality is the speaker is simply saying something the accussor didn't like. For instance: pointing out evidience how a religious icon isn't as sinless as firvorent adherients claim him to be.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:43   #178
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

AH:

Then please define bigotted. What about someone who was a Muslim and converted? Would his reasoning be considered bigotted?
Old April 1, 2003, 19:43   #179
Alexander's Horse
Deity

You know what you wrote.

Old April 1, 2003, 19:50   #180
Oerdin
Deity

Well, isn't this a fun little game?

AH: "A" is true.
Me: How do you know "A" is true? Are you aware of B, C, & D which controdict A?
AH: A is true.
Me: But if A was true you would expect E, F, and G. We do not see those things so it doesn't appear A is true.
AH: A is true and you know why!

I had a high opinion of you AH. I guess you're just feeling under the weather today.