Old March 21, 2003, 08:40   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 16:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
newZupdate
On behalf of the (url=http://www.apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=154)Civ 3 Demo Game(/url) we are glad to announce the time of our VICTORY CHAT is at hand!

The (url=http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80805)Term X Government(/url) recently took office and have been hard at work to bring this game to the point where victory is now within grasp. Apolytonia has now discovered Fission, signed a massive alliance with all nations against Japan, the #2 civ in the game, and are on the way to completing the UN in a bid to garner enough support for a victory via UN vote.

Join President MrWhereItsAt, Vice President UnOrthOdOx, Foreign Affairs Minister Togas, Supreme Military Commander Aggie, and Domestic Minister Aidun as they attempt to lead Apolytonia to victory Sunday, March 23 @ 18:00 GMT on the Apolyton IRC server in room #civ3dem.

Following the UN vote will be an IRC party to celebrate a win or mourn our loss at the hands of the UN for both members and guests. Strictly BYOB.

Then join in the discussion of (url=http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80423)What to Play Next Game(/url)

See you there!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 21, 2003 at 15:49.
Old March 21, 2003, 08:46   #2
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:14
Excellent, newsletter! Easy read. Couldn't put it down until I finished reading the whole thing.
Old March 21, 2003, 08:51   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Hey, I'ld forget later if I didn't get this up while staring at my to do list.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 11:06   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

How's it looking?

Will send this off this afternoon. please make any additions before 20:00 GMT today.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 11:46   #5
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 00:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
UnOrthO,

Add to it that we will afterward have a to celebrate this for members and guests. Members and guests have the opportunity to talk with the officials etc.
The party will take place at #civ3dem.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; March 21, 2003 at 21:09.
Old March 21, 2003, 13:45   #6
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 22:14
You might also want to fix the Urls..
Old March 21, 2003, 13:46   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That's intentional so that Dan can see them in the PM. It's another one of those cut/paste thingies.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 13:59   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Boy is it going to suck if we lose the vote.
Old March 21, 2003, 14:24   #9
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

One word

Nukes

Old March 21, 2003, 15:27   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Yes. I just hope it is not inconclusive myself.

It will be a long Month then...

OK update away.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 21, 2003 at 16:04.
Old March 21, 2003, 16:24   #11
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 17:14
Quote:
Don't jinx it!
Old March 21, 2003, 16:47   #12
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Have faith in your government guys, she knows very well what she is doing. This situation brings forth an interesting philosophical question: If another country get's the Secretary General, do we have lost then?

I agree that we have lost according to the rules of Civ3, but does that mean we have really lost?

We have an army that is far stronger than any other army in the world and it is due to our peaceful nature that we have not yet conquered the entire world, which would have meant victory.
If we lose ingame, let's try to get the real victory and kick all those countries on their ass for showing so much disrespect, let them kneel an bid that we stop total destruction! Let us then re-invent slavery!

Oh, I'm sorry, I am a DIA politician and this is against the opinion of the party, it is not representative, just my potential anger towards potential opposers.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; March 21, 2003 at 16:55.
Old March 21, 2003, 16:54   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I know you are new, so I'll enlighten you...

THAT IS EXACTLY THE STANCE OF YOUR PARTY.
"Oh, we'll go and try to play nice, but if we lose the game due to that we'll kill everyone to call it a moral victory"

See, the Hawks are much more straightforward:
"Kill everyone"

See? no if, then, what-ifs...

Slavery? They do not deserve SLAVERY!

Let us rebuild the Apolytonian Racial Elitists!

/me is beginning to notice how many DIA members joined Roleplay...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 21, 2003 at 17:05.
Old March 21, 2003, 17:04   #14
Aidun
Emperor

Hmm, I didn't know that agressive part of the DIA stance. It fits me even more now.

UnOrthO, Yeah found it again, that would be fun. However, with such an agressive DIA, there wouldn't be much discussion .

And eh UnOrthO, you are late with noticing...

Aidun
Old March 21, 2003, 17:08   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Haven't been too active over there yet. Figured I better finish this first

Hawks never were a group to quit in the middle of things.

Unlike the LONG, LONG history of DIA ministers...dating back to term I...

(Boy do I miss these Party wars.)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:27   #16
Aidun
Emperor

Lets do it in the new Vanilla, I like it too. And it's so magnificent to be the founder of a party: your name is forever remembered among all members of the game.

Aidun
Old March 21, 2003, 17:28   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Really?

Trivia:
Who founded the Hawks?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:36   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Besides, we have such a killer flag too!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ha.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	40273  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:36   #19
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:14
That was jdd2007, wasn't it?

BTW, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm completely free on Sunday now. (Damn shoulder. ) I can't remember if I was the only one who couldn't do early sunday afternoon (1-4 cst, 19-2200 GMT), but I could now make a victory chat then. (Of course, it's probably a little late to change that now. Sorry.)

Edit: Mad smilies should not be combined with parantheses.
Old March 21, 2003, 17:37   #20
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I sure as hell can't make it at 18:00, but all the updates are out and posted now.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:38   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Nope, not jdd...originally.

It was a furbster. I think that was his only post, to create the party...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:39   #22
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 19:14
UnOrthO, I'll have my ... article ready tomorrow, saturday. Is this ok?
Old March 21, 2003, 17:42   #23
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The Democratic Indutrialists of Apolytonia

The DIA is currently one of Apolytonia's largest unified bodies assembled under common ideals and principles. It believes that the only way to achieve our goals and grasp victory is through a strong industry. They place much emphasis on the importance of internally developing our nation, and seek to balance this vital need with necessary expansion and growth.

The general focus of the DIA currently is to acquire and implement new technologies, and indeed their members have spearheaded the effort to keep our nation technologically advanced. The Democratic Industrialists favor strong cities that can produce wonders, more improvements, military, wealth, and science.

The subject of war is something of high concern among members of the DIA assembly. They have stated, "war is a tool to build our empire, but like all tools, it has a place and function, and cannot solve all our problems." To the DIA, war is the road taken when our country is threatened or there is no peaceful solution to achieve our goals. The DIA does not forbid war, rather it considers it a tool used to build our nation.

In short, the Democratic Industrialists are Apolytonians who desire to keep the power of decision-making with the people. They believe in being balanced and moderate, and are always striving to gain new understanding.

The Hawk Party:

Our mission is to assure that our nation will be in a position to allow AS MANY victory types by end game as possble. This requires strong, aggressive military action, especially early, to ensure ourselves a position where Domination and Conquest are possible. Building cultural improvements and Wonders will be done in the times where we are either at peace, or our military is deemed adequate to it's task. Once we have built our nation, we should rotate military with cultural building to assure our dominance in all areas.

We believe science should focus on what is most needed at the time, be it a wonder tech, or a military advance. Trading tech should preferrably be done in return for other tech or needed resources. Trading away tech for cash should only be done when it is either a dire need, or would cripple a rival's economy, thereby giving us a further lead.

We promote and advocate wars that can be won, be they to gain territory, resources, or simply to slow an opponent or deny resources. We DO NOT advocate prolonged wars that will strangle our economy and resources. Before declaring war, our nation should have a clear view of the objectives already in place. There are many civ's out there who will challenge our dominance, carefull planning and adaptation will be required for the military to succeed. We support capturing cities when possible and razing when neccessary.

We welcome opposing views and parties, as competition leads to greater strength. Debate and votes are essential to our society, and we will leave major decisions on what is best to the people, as they are the true strength of Apolytonia. While we may oppose others views, we realize that the enemy lies without, and not within, and will work to achieve a cooperation between parties to meet the greater good. We believe in the Democratic process and will actively work to ensure the people's will is carried out.

Of course, I DID write one of those, so I may be biased..

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:44   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That's great Aro.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:48   #25
Aidun
Emperor

UnOrthO, the entire government should be present on that moment, we can't do it without you. If you can't attend, We have to put it on another day or perhaps a few hours later.

Aidun
Old March 21, 2003, 17:50   #26
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I don't know my schedule yet. I have a family commitment that begins at 11 (my time) err 1800, don't know how long it will last.

Im fine missing it, though. Last night was the first chat Ive ever attended, actually.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 21, 2003, 17:59   #27
Aidun
Emperor

You want to miss were we all have fought for? 5450 years of efforts and you don't care if you miss the final outcome?

Please UnOrtOdOx, don't be so polite to us, you must be very irritated about your absence.

Aidun
Old March 21, 2003, 18:01   #28
Aidun
Emperor

BTW, those sleepy smiles represent your political preferrence in a text that is meant to show both of the parties in an objective way. BTW: you have forgotten the ALP, Apolytonian Labour Party.

Aidun
Old March 21, 2003, 19:28   #29
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

No,

I see I need to educate you as to the arrangement I have with the DIA.

I wrote it objectively back in Gazette Volume I. Go look it up in the Directory.

Actually, Timeline wrote the DIA stuff, I wrote the Hawk stuff, and Trip wrote the Imperialist stuff. And, it was presented fair and unbiased within the paper, I am free to speak outside the paper as agreed to by the treaty between myself and the DIA founders. The Gazette was originally intended as a Hawk Propoganda machine to bury the DIA. I had a twinge of conscience about doing that, though, and presented the idea to the DIA. In a show of trust, I wrote their stuff as well, and they agreed to provide me with information both in private and for the paper. I have maintained that arrangement with each elected leader of the DIA since. Timeline, Spiffor, and Thud, unless they elected a new one since then while I was out in December/January and did not inform me as agreed. There are many a DIA secret I know that I have agreed to never tell. Ones I am sure you do not even know as of right now. In return, I cannot place Hawk propoganda in my sig, which would insinuate the Gazette being affiliated with a party.

As a result of my decision to change it to an unbias paper, I 'caused harm' to the Hawk party, but in a way, probably have done more good by keeping it unbias.

So, in agreement with the DIA, I can post my personal preference outside of the context of the paper. The above was such a post as it never made reference to the Gazette.

The ALP is new since then, and I don't have a mission statement from them.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 21, 2003 at 19:36.
Old March 21, 2003, 19:38   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
You want to miss were we all have fought for? 5450 years of efforts and you don't care if you miss the final outcome?

Please UnOrtOdOx, don't be so polite to us, you must be very irritated about your absence.

Aidun
Not really.

Family is far more important than this game. Anyone who knows me knows that I would far prefer this game to progress than to be held up for a single individual. Get this finished, and get me a new game with much more fun news to write.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby